Tea Rose Dinky, style 86845

Hyacinth

Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
If anyone has bought this style recently DIRECTLY FROM COACH and it has a patch inside that includes a serial number,
http://www.coach.com/coach-dinky-in...NKY IN GLOVETANNED LEATHER WITH WILD TEA ROSE
can you do the Coach authenticators here a big favor and post photos of the bag and a good clear readable photo of the creed and serial number?

We're trying to figure out if a recent Ebay purchase with a small problem in the creed and serial stampings is genuine or not,
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/answers-to-authenticity-questions.94198/page-106#post-31209466
and now that Coach is starting to re-introduce actual serial numbers on the creeds, we hope anyone who posts reveals of new purchases that include serial numbers will also include creed photos, those details used to be one of the best ways of determining if a Coach was authentic until Coach eliminated them almost 3 years ago. Now that they're back (fingers crossed!), we hope they can be useful once again.

Thanks! :flowers:

If anyone has bought this style recently DIRECTLY FROM COACH and it has a patch inside that includes a serial number,
http://www.coach.com/coach-dinky-in...NKY IN GLOVETANNED LEATHER WITH WILD TEA ROSE
can you do the Coach authenticators here a big favor and post photos of the bag and a good clear readable photo of the creed and serial number?

We're trying to figure out if a recent Ebay purchase with a small problem in the creed and serial stampings is genuine or not,
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/answers-to-authenticity-questions.94198/page-106#post-31209466
and now that Coach is starting to re-introduce actual serial numbers on the creeds, we hope anyone who posts reveals of new purchases that include serial numbers will also include creed photos, those details used to be one of the best ways of determining if a Coach was authentic until Coach eliminated them almost 3 years ago. Now that they're back (fingers crossed!), we hope they can be useful once again.

Thanks! :flowers:

For reference: Just looked at my Rexy Dinky and it does have the full serial number (purchased directly from Coach). IMG_1491051795.444941.jpgIMG_1491051824.472057.jpg

For reference: Just looked at my Rexy Dinky and it does have the full serial number (purchased directly from Coach). View attachment 3653238View attachment 3653239

Thanks! It's not the same style, but it is from the same plant and only a few months apart and already we're either seeing some variations (or a possible fake Tea Rose), but we need to start collecting as many examples as we can find. Was the Rexy Dinky from the 1941 Collection? I thought most of the Rexy items were, but this one says Colette at the top of the creed.

And I wonder if all the creeds are going to be as specific to each style as these first ones seem to be. The comments about the Rexy being more adorable than ferocious are fun, but if they start making different creed statements for each kind of bag it's going to get complicated AND expensive. Time will tell, I suppose. It's a very cute bag!

Last edited:
Thanks! It's not the same style, but it is from the same plant and only a few months apart and already we're either seeing some variations (or a possible fake Tea Rose), but we need to start collecting as many examples as we can find. Was the Rexy Dinky from the 1941 Collection? I thought most of the Rexy items were, but this one says Colette at the top of the creed.

And I wonder if all the creeds are going to be as specific to each style as these first ones seem to be. The comments about the Rexy being more adorable than ferocious are fun, but if they start making different creed statements for each kind of bag it's going to get complicated AND expensive. Time will tell, I suppose. It's a very cute bag!

Thanks! The Collette collection was part of 1941. It has the 1941 tab on the opposite side with the kisslock pouch. I think the creed was different since it was part of a collaboration but they did go ahead with the full serial number.

Do you feel there may be concerns with purchasing from dept. stores since returns may not be scrutinized for fakes?

It wouldn't be the first time it's happened. As we saw during the Loukpeach Scam, many department stores or TJ-Marshalls-type stores don't even bother checking the bags and probably couldn't recognise a fake even if they did. The general Rule seems to be that if the returner has a receipt, they get a refund and the bag goes back in stock..

It wouldn't be the first time it's happened. As we saw during the Loukpeach Scam, many department stores or TJ-Marshalls-type stores don't even bother checking the bags and probably couldn't recognise a fake even if they did. The general Rule seems to be that if the returner has a receipt, they get a refund and the bag goes back in stock..
Thank you for your reply- my concern would be with stores like NM, Saks, or Nordstrom that carry several 1941 designs. I do not detect the SA's know to check for authenticity. I feel ok buying from their distribution centers when the items are packaged as is they just came from the manufacturer but sometimes the web offering says "ships from store". This makes me a little nervous esp. when known fakes are out there.

Can never be too careful esp. since Coach is now teetering on a premium label and heightened counterfeiting may follow.

This post is related to fakes and piracy in general. A couple of years ago I wrote a book review of the book Piracy by Adrian Johns published on the Center for Digital Ethics and Policy site. The book discusses many different types/cases of piracy that occur globally with various products. Fakes have become so good (and I know Hyacinth has mentioned the accompanying paperwork is so authentic looking that it is not to be trusted as a sign of authenticity) that fake Samsung TVs were only discovered by Samsung when unsuspecting buyers registered the fakes for warranty protection and Samsung realized they had never produced those TVs. The book certainly opened my eyes to how sophisticated and lucrative the fakes are for criminals. And piracy has been practiced for ages. The ease with which items/documentation can be digitally reproduced has really made fakes more difficult to spot. So hats off to the diligent work of the authenticators on tPF.

This post is related to fakes and piracy in general. A couple of years ago I wrote a book review of the book Piracy by Adrian Johns published on the Center for Digital Ethics and Policy site. The book discusses many different types/cases of piracy that occur globally with various products. Fakes have become so good (and I know Hyacinth has mentioned the accompanying paperwork is so authentic looking that it is not to be trusted as a sign of authenticity) that fake Samsung TVs were only discovered by Samsung when unsuspecting buyers registered the fakes for warranty protection and Samsung realized they had never produced those TVs. The book certainly opened my eyes to how sophisticated and lucrative the fakes are for criminals. And piracy has been practiced for ages. The ease with which items/documentation can be digitally reproduced has really made fakes more difficult to spot. So hats off to the diligent work of the authenticators on tPF.

There's also a very good British-made documentary available on YouTube on the subject of counterfeiting in general:
https://www.youtube.com/
watch?v=zCwuG6JWrgk

also a one-hour National Geographic special from about 9 years ago, AFAIK available on
dvd - "Illicit: The Dark Trade", National Geographic,
For Pay or with a YouTube Season Pass,
or check iTunes to see if it's still available, under National Geographic Specials.

Last edited:
There's also a very good British-made documentary available on YouTube on the subject of counterfeiting in general:
https://www.youtube.com/
watch?v=zCwuG6JWrgk

also a one-hour National Geographic special from about 9 years ago, AFAIK available on
dvd - "Illicit: The Dark Trade", National Geographic,
For Pay or with a YouTube Season Pass,
or check iTunes to see if it's still available, under National Geographic Specials.
Thanks, Hyacinth. I will check these out.

Thank you Hyacinth and dachsgirlknits. I wish I could say knowledge is power but it seems like a losing battle against counterfeiting.

The problem with fake bags and designer items is frustrating, but the issue of fake medications and medical supplies is really terrifying, like fake drugs that not only don't help or cure what the genuine versions do, but often cause other dangerous and potentially fatal medical problems. And as that British documentary pointed out, condoms that have minute holes in them and do absolutely nothing to prevent the spread of devastating and even lethal STDs. The scumbags making and distributing this garbage should be stood up against a wall and shot.

The problem with fake bags and designer items is frustrating, but the issue of fake medications and medical supplies is really terrifying, like fake drugs that not only don't help or cure what the genuine versions do, but often cause other dangerous and potentially fatal medical problems. And as that British documentary pointed out, condoms that have minute holes in them and do absolutely nothing to prevent the spread of devastating and even lethal STDs. The scumbags making and distributing this garbage should be stood up against a wall and shot.
Well-said.