Coco Handle or Urban Spirit Backpack?

Urban Spirit Backpack or S/M Coco Handle?

• Black Chevron Caviar SHW Urban Spirit Backpack

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Small Black GHW Coco Handle

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Medium Black GHW Coco Handle

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Alliiccee

Jan 24, 2016
Hi everyone!
I have a dilemma, I've been eyeing the small black chevron caviar urban spirit in silver hardware but it seems to be impossible to find... so then I started to look at the Coco Handle with gold hardware.

I don't have a classic flap (which is on my dream list) but I can't afford it (although I could have bought it if I didn't buy the mini and filigree) and every time I try to put myself on a ban, they keep coming out with beautiful bags.

If you prefer the coco handle, would the Coco Handle in gold hardware be better in small or medium for me? I can't tell how big it is as I have only seen the mini and I didn't like the ruthenium hardware. I heard there's a waitlist for the coco handle, but i'm not sure what size the waitlist is for.

If you prefer the backpack, why would you choose it over the coco handle? I love how adorable it is but I haven't worn a backpack in so long. I was comparing the backpack to the LV Palm Springs mini version but I feel like the Chanel is prettier. I don't want it in gold or in lambskin, I really wanted it in silver hardware in Caviar.

They are both similar in pricing ($100 difference?) I believe in the USA.
Which do you think would be a better choice? Here's some insight, i'm 4'11 and 26, located in CA, USA. The bags I currently have in Chanel:
-Black lambskin WOC
-Pink rectangular mini 17C
-Beige Filigree Flap Medium

Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

My vote is small black GHW coco handle. I just got it last week, small coco is perfect for me. Medium looks too bulky on me and I'm 5'4. I got mine in Chanel boutique in SF. I was not on the wait list it was just timing when I called and they just got their shipment.

My vote is small black GHW coco handle. I just got it last week, small coco is perfect for me. Medium looks too bulky on me and I'm 5'4. I got mine in Chanel boutique in SF. I was not on the wait list it was just timing when I called and they just got their shipment.

I could write this exact reply, and just change out SF to SH (Short Hills, NJ). Exact same bag, height, thoughts, purchase experience. I love the small. Mini is cute. Medium was too large and never in consideration for me.

Reactions: simone72

Thanks for your input! :smile: I shop at the SF boutique as well! My SA happened to get the small GHW coco today in their shipment so I put my cc on it just in case. Was the medium coco much bigger than the small? I heard it's equivalent to the jumbo flap? And the small is equivalent to the M/L flap? I hope I love it when I see it in person!

I could write this exact reply, and just change out SF to SH (Short Hills, NJ). Exact same bag, height, thoughts, purchase experience. I love the small. Mini is cute. Medium was too large and never in consideration for me.

Oh wow! I only saw the mini in ruthenium in person which I didn't like, but have seen pictures of the small and medium in GHW. But I can't tell until in person to see how big the medium is versus the small. Maybe putting my CC on it was the right choice! :amuse:

Thanks for your input! :smile: I shop at the SF boutique as well! My SA happened to get the small GHW coco today in their shipment so I put my cc on it just in case. Was the medium coco much bigger than the small? I heard it's equivalent to the jumbo flap? And the small is equivalent to the M/L flap? I hope I love it when I see it in person!
Medium coco is much bigger than the small . Chanel SF have the blue medium coco on display .You should try on both the small and medium to see how it will look on you. That's what I did when I was @ the store. I'm sure you will like the small size for everyday bag. :tup:

Medium coco is much bigger than the small . Chanel SF have the blue medium coco on display .You should try on both the small and medium to see how it will look on you. That's what I did when I was @ the store. I'm sure you will like the small size for everyday bag. :tup:

Thanks for the suggestion! I was there last weekend but didn't notice the blue med coco handle at all. I'll try that! :heart:

I haven't heard any thoughts on the backpack though! I know they are 2 completely different bags but if anyone owns one, what are the benefits? Or why do you love it?

I also forgot to mention I also have a Chanel Large Deauville Tote! Somehow that completely missed my mind!

I would take the coco handle. I have tried the backpack, and the straps were too thin to carry anything heavy. Also the strap keeps getting unbalanced all the time, my friend has lost her nerves already. Coco handle is a classic choice. Backpack is a trendier option which may cause it that it will look dated after few years..

Oh wow! I only saw the mini in ruthenium in person which I didn't like, but have seen pictures of the small and medium in GHW. But I can't tell until in person to see how big the medium is versus the small. Maybe putting my CC on it was the right choice! :amuse:

just saw that you're petite at 4'11" i would definitely go with the small over the medium. I am 5'4" and the medium was too large for my liking but that's just my personal preference. And i would opt for coco handle over the backpack as I think it is more practical - can go day into night and will be more timeless. good luck!

I own the backpack and I really like it. It holds a lot and manages to look casual but sophticated at the same time. I workout often and wear the clothes several places during the week and the backpack is perfect for the athleisure look. I love the completely hands free option that the backpack provides. The Coco handle is very nice, just different. What kind of bag will be the most useful for you???

Reactions: Kisa
I own the backpack and I really like it. It holds a lot and manages to look casual but sophticated at the same time. I workout often and wear the clothes several places during the week and the backpack is perfect for the athleisure look. I love the completely hands free option that the backpack provides. The Coco handle is very nice, just different. What kind of bag will be the most useful for you???

Thanks for your input! I may continue to look for one if the perfect opportunity comes! I ended up getting the coco handle, because they had it available and i think its a wonderful bag, especially that I can have it hands free, (one of the reasons why I wanted the backpack).

just saw that you're petite at 4'11" i would definitely go with the small over the medium. I am 5'4" and the medium was too large for my liking but that's just my personal preference. And i would opt for coco handle over the backpack as I think it is more practical - can go day into night and will be more timeless. good luck!

Yes! I tried it on, the medium was so big next to my side! I did end up getting the coco handle in black, but they had the red available as well. I really wanted the red but ended up choosing the black cause it's safer.

I went there on Saturday, they had different colors available, the black small, red small, white medium and I too thought that the medium was so big on me. The small was very cute, but I couldn't choose between the red or the black.

I would take the coco handle. I have tried the backpack, and the straps were too thin to carry anything heavy. Also the strap keeps getting unbalanced all the time, my friend has lost her nerves already. Coco handle is a classic choice. Backpack is a trendier option which may cause it that it will look dated after few years..

I ended up with the coco handle, I originally wanted the backpack cause it would be hands free, I like having a top handle on bags but I don't really like using it since I can only use 1 hand versus 2. Is the strap a really big thing that it won't balance? My filigree flap sometimes doesn't get balanced either which is annoying. I do feel the coco handle is close to a classic look. Thanks for your advice!!

Reactions: KBT39