• My Lady Dior

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Classic Lady Dior

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 23, 2013
Hello ladies,

Ok so I've decided that THIS is the year that I will finally buy my dream bag. I've been in love with the lady dior since I was 18. It is definitely the bag that I will only wear using the top handles rather than the strap. So I know some people dislike the strap on the My Lady Dior and I think I do too, but this is not an issue as I won't be using the strap at all anyway.

What I like about the My Lady Dior is the opening. I tried the classic one on in store some years ago and the zip opening on the classic drove me nuts!
Having said that, it is not the classic Dior. I am also worried that some years down the line, Dior will stop producing this size and if I ever decide to sell, it won't sell very well.

What would you do if you were me?
Many thanks in advance for your advice :smile:
Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 20.43.26.png Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 20.44.09.png

Hi! I have fallen completely in love with the My Lady Dior because of the flap and size. For reference I am 5'5" so I feel like this size suits my frame more. Also, I've heard that Dior may keep the My Lady Dior size but most likely not the strap. For me, I wouldn't plan on reselling because it's been a dream bag of mine also and something I intend on keeping. Hope this helps! :smile:

Hi! I have fallen completely in love with the My Lady Dior because of the flap and size. For reference I am 5'5" so I feel like this size suits my frame more. Also, I've heard that Dior may keep the My Lady Dior size but most likely not the strap. For me, I wouldn't plan on reselling because it's been a dream bag of mine also and something I intend on keeping. Hope this helps! :smile:
Oh thats good to know. I'm also the same height as you. Have you posted a mod shot of the bag somewhere in this forum? I just want to see how it looks on you :amuse:

Ok so I've decided that THIS is the year that I will finally buy my dream bag. I've been in love with the lady dior since I was 18. It is definitely the bag that I will only wear using the top handles rather than the strap. So I know some people dislike the strap on the My Lady Dior and I think I do too, but this is not an issue as I won't be using the strap at all anyway.

What I like about the My Lady Dior is the opening. I tried the classic one on in store some years ago and the zip opening on the classic drove me nuts!
Having said that, it is not the classic Dior. I am also worried that some years down the line, Dior will stop producing this size and if I ever decide to sell, it won't sell very well.

What would you do if you were me?
Many thanks in advance for your advice :smile:
View attachment 3656686 View attachment 3656685
Get the My Lady Dior. The flap closure will make it a breeze to use. Otherwise you may not use your bag much, and it'll just sit around in storage.

Since this bag has the exact same iconic Lady Dior look as the medium and mini, then it shouldn't have lower resale value if Dior discontinues it. People who want the look of this bag would probably not care about the fact that this size has been discontinued.

Oh thats good to know. I'm also the same height as you. Have you posted a mod shot of the bag somewhere in this forum? I just want to see how it looks on you :amuse:
I haven't yet - I've tried the LD medium in the boutique and felt it didn't fit on my frame and the mini was just too small to fit anything in (but so cute!). This is what drew me to the My Lady Dior. I'm planning on setting some time this weekend to go see it and I'll post some mod pix after [emoji4]

Get the My Lady Dior. The flap closure will make it a breeze to use. Otherwise you may not use your bag much, and it'll just sit around in storage.

Since this bag has the exact same iconic Lady Dior look as the medium and mini, then it shouldn't have lower resale value if Dior discontinues it. People who want the look of this bag would probably not care about the fact that this size has been discontinued.

Thank you for your input averagejoe! I think I kind of always knew i prefer the My Lady, I just needed some to rationalise it out loud for me and you've done the job pretty well ;)

I haven't yet - I've tried the LD medium in the boutique and felt it didn't fit on my frame and the mini was just too small to fit anything in (but so cute!). This is what drew me to the My Lady Dior. I'm planning on setting some time this weekend to go see it and I'll post some mod pix after [emoji4]
Looking forward to see your mod shots! ;) i've stalked instagram for some photos. Gosh i have to say i'm more in love now. The comparison photo with the classic size is really useful!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thank you for your input averagejoe! I think I kind of always knew i prefer the My Lady, I just needed some to rationalise it out loud for me and you've done the job pretty well ;)

Looking forward to see your mod shots! ;) i've stalked instagram for some photos. Gosh i have to say i'm more in love now. The comparison photo with the classic size is really useful!
View attachment 3657835 View attachment 3657836 View attachment 3657837
I've been doing the same thing! I've been looking at posts nonstop on instagram - if you're interested, Wendy the loving 50 posted a really in depth video on her My Lady Dior on YouTube [emoji4]

Reactions: shoesshoeshoes

View attachment 3657835 View attachment 3657836 View attachment 3657837

I love the beige-y pink colour on the right!! Am I correct that this colour is not available in the new small size? just the powder pink on the left?

Anyway, lvlove and avaragejoe, if you're still following this thread, thank you so much for you input! I went to dior yesterday to try some bags out. Long story short, I saw the pearlised lotus medium and fell in love, so I bought it :love: it's too beautiful!
As regarding the small size, I like the size very much and the flap opening, but I just couldn't get over the strap, even though I know I wouldnt use it. I guess I was convinced by the SA to go for the classic one as my very first Dior.

Stunning! I love the handle wrap, and the Lady Dior is such an all time classic bag that can never go wrong as your first Dior. The pearlised finish makes it so special too, and this shade of pink is just so feminine and elegant :smile: Great choice, enjoy your very first Dior ;)
Thank you lovely :blush: I knew it was the one the moment I saw it. The scarves are actually from Ted Baker :lol: I have them for a while now. Thought I'd play around with the handles a bit to see how it turns out.

Reactions: iykyk
Anyway, lvlove and avaragejoe, if you're still following this thread, thank you so much for you input! I went to dior yesterday to try some bags out. Long story short, I saw the pearlised lotus medium and fell in love, so I bought it :love: it's too beautiful!
As regarding the small size, I like the size very much and the flap opening, but I just couldn't get over the strap, even though I know I wouldnt use it. I guess I was convinced by the SA to go for the classic one as my very first Dior.
Congratulations! The classic is the safest bet. You'll eventually get used to the opening of this medium size anyway.

Wow, this is a stunning bag!! Congrats! :heart:
I'm considering adding a small size to my collection. I would get it in a pink shade if becomes available in the beige-y pink colour (I believe the colour is called rose poudre?). Otherwise, I might just go with a black one as I don't have a lady dior in black. Although I have other formal looking bag in black (like the classic flap from Chanel). Decision, decision.... :doh: