Which would you get???

1DaySoon

Future Mrs.Moneybags
O.G.
Jun 13, 2008
I want to get one of these two bags in the smaller version, in the next few weeks.
My dilemma is that
1. I really wanted the yellow bag when I first saw both bags
2. But I don't have any Chanel bags so I was thinking that the black would be more practical
3. But I already have a black bag, the Guccissima Emily (and a Chloe paraty which I don't really use) which can go from day to night.
'Would you get black or the yellow

flap_bag-sheet.png.fashionImg.hi.png

Attachments

• chanel black.jpg
    chanel black.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 883
  • chanel yellow.jpg
    chanel yellow.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 873
I have the black and I like that it's 1) sexy - come on!!! black with red trim!!! :loveeyes: and 2) it's lambskin... so lighter color requires quite a bit more care. 3) the point of the bag - to me - is the trim and fun contrast, and the black has much more contrast with the trim which pops more IMO. I got waaaay too much from the 17C collection with many bags including a few minis but this one was my personal favorite because it's so special. i used it lots as well because it's so fun and yet easy to wear. :smile: though i get your dilemma... yellow is so cheerful :smile:

I would say though that despite the small $ difference, i do not personally like this bag in the larger size. it feels frumpy to me and the smaller size is more fun and sleek - which i find consistent with the fun trim and style of this bag (i dont think it was going for a ladylike vibe entirely if you know what i mean...)

hope this helps.

Reactions: 1DaySoon
I have the black and I like that it's 1) sexy - come on!!! black with red trim!!! :loveeyes: and 2) it's lambskin... so lighter color requires quite a bit more care. 3) the point of the bag - to me - is the trim and fun contrast, and the black has much more contrast with the trim which pops more IMO. I got waaaay too much from the 17C collection with many bags including a few minis but this one was my personal favorite because it's so special. i used it lots as well because it's so fun and yet easy to wear. :smile: though i get your dilemma... yellow is so cheerful :smile:

I would say though that despite the small $ difference, i do not personally like this bag in the larger size. it feels frumpy to me and the smaller size is more fun and sleek - which i find consistent with the fun trim and style of this bag (i dont think it was going for a ladylike vibe entirely if you know what i mean...)

hope this helps.

This really helped a lot!
Do you have pics on this blog of your bag?

hahaha did I ever?! It's in the reveal below that will be a huge issue against me if one day my husband wants to divorce me and needs to show something in court to support his case. :P My guess is any sane judge would give me the bags and everything else to him... :thinking:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/12-nope-17-reveals-for-the-month-of-12.957413/

Thank you!

Your pics have made me change my mind!!!! I love the black. I'll use my Gucci Emily for more formal things like dinner and use this Chanel for more informal and things like concerts and hanging out with my girlfriends

Reactions: Vanana
The BLACK!!! I feel as though you and I are in the same boat. I am purchasing my first Chanel and thought... let me be practical and get something classic as far as style and color. But then I laid eyes on a tricolor mini classic flap. It's orange, yellow, baby pink, with champagne gold hardware... TO DIE FOR! But I want to be practical so I'm still on the hunt... although I feel I'll cave. But these are both gorgeous!!! I vote black!

The BLACK!!! I feel as though you and I are in the same boat. I am purchasing my first Chanel and thought... let me be practical and get something classic as far as style and color. But then I laid eyes on a tricolor mini classic flap. It's orange, yellow, baby pink, with champagne gold hardware... TO DIE FOR! But I want to be practical so I'm still on the hunt... although I feel I'll cave. But these are both gorgeous!!! I vote black!

Thanks for your vote!
I am leaning towards the black as well because of Vanana's modeling pics. I love the multi-colored ones because I know that very few people will have them (most people seem to have solid color bags) and they can be paired with lots of clothing items.

Why couldn't I just be rich so that I can buy both without the guilt.

Thank you!

Your pics have made me change my mind!!!! I love the black. I'll use my Gucci Emily for more formal things like dinner and use this Chanel for more informal and things like concerts and hanging out with my girlfriends
hahaha they're both cute. I chose the black for my reasons cited. I do want to remind you that no matter which color you get, remember that lighter color lambskin might get color transfer if you're not aware/mindful.. the yellow one has lighter color throughout, whereas while the black one is much darker color throughout the bag, the piping has lighter color (which is mostly ok since why would you rub dark color stuff against piping often?) and the backpocket is light pink (this is where it's at a position where it may most likely rub against something like a pair of jeans). Just want to remind you in case you don't have many light color bags, to use general precaution like you would with any (Chanel or non-Chanel) light color leather bag areas :smile:

Thanks for your vote!
I am leaning towards the black as well because of Vanana's modeling pics. I love the multi-colored ones because I know that very few people will have them (most people seem to have solid color bags) and they can be paired with lots of clothing items.

Why couldn't I just be rich so that I can buy both without the guilt.

I so get this love for tricolor bags!!!! when they're in the right combo they are irresistible!!! I only started liking Chanel 1.5? years ago and totally missed this dream bag :sad: I so want this in rectangular mini size but they no longer exist - it's true love... I only saw this in jumbo and I know I wont wear jumbo (trust me i tried... very hard and beyond reasonable means of search to look for one... oh well...)

It might forever haunt me... (color is much more vibrant navy blue and red... I had poor lighting and horrible camera to deal with)
RedBlueBlue.jpg

I so get this love for tricolor bags!!!! when they're in the right combo they are irresistible!!! I only started liking Chanel 1.5? years ago and totally missed this dream bag :sad: I so want this in rectangular mini size but they no longer exist - it's true love... I only saw this in jumbo and I know I wont wear jumbo (trust me i tried... very hard and beyond reasonable means of search to look for one... oh well...)

It might forever haunt me... (color is much more vibrant navy blue and red... I had poor lighting and horrible camera to deal with)
View attachment 3659325

Goodness! This color combo is stunning and so practical in my opinion. I'm sorry it got away. :sad:
This is the tricolor I am swooning over but I won't get any use out of it except for spring/summer/vacations... :sad:
I love it but I'm trying to be smart.
2lsipli.jpg

Reactions: 1DaySoon and Vanana