Lindy: Help please

mguido

O.G.
Jul 2, 2007
Hi everyone! After several Bs and Ks, and having difficulty using both (since Bs don't have straps while Ks are a hard to open and close IMO), I finally decided that I want a Lindy. But I need a few inputs before taking the plunge. First, which size should I get? I'm leaning towards the 30 but not sure if it's a tad small. I stand 5'8, medium-heavy built [emoji38] stuff-wise, I can put a lot and also can size down to the essentials (my B's & K's range from 30-40cm). Second question, which leather do I get? I need a fuss free leather and from research, I see that the L comes in evercolor, swift and clemence. Does it come in any other leather? If it doesn't, then clemence might be my only choice since the two others are smooth and I get really freaked out by the thought of scratches on my bag. Hoping for your inputs. TIA!

Hi everyone! After several Bs and Ks, and having difficulty using both (since Bs don't have straps while Ks are a hard to open and close IMO), I finally decided that I want a Lindy. But I need a few inputs before taking the plunge. First, which size should I get? I'm leaning towards the 30 but not sure if it's a tad small. I stand 5'8, medium-heavy built [emoji38] stuff-wise, I can put a lot and also can size down to the essentials (my B's & K's range from 30-40cm). Second question, which leather do I get? I need a fuss free leather and from research, I see that the L comes in evercolor, swift and clemence. Does it come in any other leather? If it doesn't, then clemence might be my only choice since the two others are smooth and I get really freaked out by the thought of scratches on my bag. Hoping for your inputs. TIA!
Oh I love my Lindy and its very fuss-free! Mine is etoupe clemence 30...its great for when i dont want to fuss with bs or ks. Clemence is a tad bit heavy but i like i can be worry-free but i have heard from swift owners here that swift is durable too. And how it looks personally i really like the smooth smooshy look of swift lindy.

which size B and K did you go through? i like my 30L, its clemence: menthe and gris T bicolour. its easy to use and i love it. although i had a minor handle issue but the manager was able to change the handles for free of charge back in paris

Reactions: Orangefanatic
The 30 is a great size fits alot. Go try the 34 if you can, it looks alot bigger and bulkier than the 30. In termes of leather love swift lindys, looks so luscious and squishy, takes color vvv well and really more durable than you think. Corner wear can happen to clemence too. No experience with evercolor but if you cannot get over the fear of smooth leathers then clemence is a safe choice.

My Lindy30 is the swift leather. The weight was the deciding factor for me.
Totally love this leather as its very light and feels very buttery and luxurious. It isn't as hardwearing as the other two leathers but for a bag in swift leather this is the perfect combo. It folds nicely when carried and its super light. Your arms will thank you for it.

Reactions: Orangefanatic
Oh I love my Lindy and its very fuss-free! Mine is etoupe clemence 30...its great for when i dont want to fuss with bs or ks. Clemence is a tad bit heavy but i like i can be worry-free but i have heard from swift owners here that swift is durable too. And how it looks personally i really like the smooth smooshy look of swift lindy.

Thanks ehy12! I love my bs and ks but sometimes just really need a bag that's more practical for everyday use. I worry about the weight of the clemence too.. but I guess weight will be less of an issue for me than seeing scratches [emoji51] swift would be perfect if only scratches weren't an issue for me. I'm one of those crazy obsessive-compulsive people who check on their bags every five minutes haha

which size B and K did you go through? i like my 30L, its clemence: menthe and gris T bicolour. its easy to use and i love it. although i had a minor handle issue but the manager was able to change the handles for free of charge back in paris

B30, B35, B40, K35 and K40. Honhon, your L30 sounds like a dream! I'm also looking into bicolour ones, just waiting for the right combination to come by! Glad to know the handle issue was resolved. I love H!

Reactions: honhon
The 30 is a great size fits alot. Go try the 34 if you can, it looks alot bigger and bulkier than the 30. In termes of leather love swift lindys, looks so luscious and squishy, takes color vvv well and really more durable than you think. Corner wear can happen to clemence too. No experience with evercolor but if you cannot get over the fear of smooth leathers then clemence is a safe choice.

I am really leaning towards the L30. Seen a couple of L34s and it does look quite bulky. Seems to a lot of votes for the swift. If given a choice between clemence and swift, would you know which one has less corner wear?

My Lindy30 is the swift leather. The weight was the deciding factor for me.
Totally love this leather as its very light and feels very buttery and luxurious. It isn't as hardwearing as the other two leathers but for a bag in swift leather this is the perfect combo. It folds nicely when carried and its super light. Your arms will thank you for it.

Another vote for swift! Now I'm really curious.. and torn. Loving swift but need a low maintenance bag. I guess weight might be an issue if the bag will be carried throughout the day. My arms begin to die in the middle of the day when I carry my bs [emoji38]

Reactions: peonies13
Go for the 30. I have a 34 in clemence and am letting go of it to buy a 30. I'm 5'8", not skinny but not overweight. I worried the 30 would be too small on my frame - it isn't and I don't care if it is. I love the functionality of the bag and I know from experience that the 34 was a fail because it is so heavy to carry on my shoulder all day.
I will say, DD likes the 34. She is 5'5+", a little round, and loves a hand carried bag.

I am really leaning towards the L30. Seen a couple of L34s and it does look quite bulky. Seems to a lot of votes for the swift. If given a choice between clemence and swift, would you know which one has less corner wear?

Hmm corner wear will occur if you scrap/rub the bag and i dont think swift is any more susceptible than clemence. My swift lindy is 5 years old with frequent usage and the corners are still fine. Sounds like you will be worrying quite alot if you get swift, go for clemence then, i dont own one but doubt its alot heavier than swift? GL hope to see your reveal soon!

Reactions: lulilu
I own a 30 and a 34 Lindy. The 34 I rarely use as it is very bulky especially when worn on the shoulder. My 30cm holds quite a bit with room to spare, that being said I don't find it terribly heavy. I prefer hand held and cross body bags. The 30 L is a perfect hand held bag for casual everyday wear.

I have a L30 clemence in orange/moutard. I think it is going to be perfect for your height/built and it is not heavy at all. I would recommend clemence if you want it to be fuzz free. Personally, I am a little more "bag aware" when I am carrying a swift vs a clemence bag. It fits a lot, it is the bag that I regularly carry when I go out with my little guy. I carry my usual phone, wallet, card holder, keys and then I also bring a couple of diapers, wipes, a sippy cup and some crackers/snacks for him. I use a bag insert to organize my things inside. Good luck and let us know what you end up getting! :smile:

L30 sounds like a perfect size for you. L34 might be a tad too big, but if theres any available, you can try it on & see if it fits to your liking.

In terms of leather, i had the same feeling towards swift at first, but its such a light weight bag & it takes in color brilliantly. Light scratches can be blurred by rubbing with our fingers. But if this bothers you, clemance is great too. It slouches perfectly, my take back from it is its heavier.

I think the wear depends on how often you use her & how much item you put in her. Good luck on your first L!