Bag Reveal and Question - Please Help!

ElegantRascal

May 22, 2015
I got my first ever Chanel bag, a mini flap bag in the silver caviar, a couple of weeks ago and am so happy with it! And today I finally got hold of the medium flap bag I'd been waiting for, in the charcoal caviar leather with ruthenium hardware. And it is so pretty!
But I was checking it out after getting it home and have noticed that the lining of the bag seems a bit badly fitted. The bottom of the lining doesn't fit with the bag, it feels loose at the bottom and I can sort of push the leather down. Like the lining is less deep than the rest of the bag. Is this normal or should I ask for a replacement?

Attachments

• IMG_6812.jpg
    IMG_6812.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_6819.jpg
    IMG_6819.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_6821.jpg
    IMG_6821.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 534
Sorry I've just realised the pictures are actually kind of too big to see... I hope these are better.
Has anyone else had this problem with their bags - this isn't normal is it? The lining should surely fit the bag and not be too small inside it?

Attachments

• IMG_6820.jpg
    IMG_6820.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_6821.jpg
    IMG_6821.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_6823.jpg
    IMG_6823.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 480
My reissue looks like that. I guess there is no perfect bag. If you are not happy with it, take it back.
Oh really? So if you poke the bottom of yours, there is a gap between the lining and the base of the bag? Your lining doesn't fit in it properly either?
I will take it back tomorrow and look at the other one in stock - I just want to make sure I don't reject them both because of something that's actually normal!

Reactions: revitalise
Oh really? So if you poke the bottom of yours, there is a gap between the lining and the base of the bag? Your lining doesn't fit in it properly either?
I will take it back tomorrow and look at the other one in stock - I just want to make sure I don't reject them both because of something that's actually normal!

Good idea. Take the best one, good luck.

Reactions: ElegantRascal
Yeah I would take it back. If possible, I would ask your SA to locate another one so you can compare. If you posted on TPF you're probably concerned. This bag should make you happy :smile: