Anyone using Deciem's The Ordinary range?

I cannot use the DE vitamin C at all...breakouts every time! To be fair, most vitamin C serums do this to me so I don't use them.

I use Buffet day and night and love it. I think it's a good replacement for DE's B Hydra which I was using before. I previously used all Paula's Choice skincare but switched to DE a few months back. I love DE and their philosophy but hate the cost. I know they are a luxury brand so I understand their pricing strategy. I will stick to their cleanser, though, and will buy the liquid one that is coming out soon. That is the one product they have that isn't too expensive IMO. Others have commented on pilling with Buffet but I mix it into DE's marula and have no issues. Can't wait for the Ordinary's marula to come back in stock so I can compare.

My current routine is to mix Buffet and Marula in the AM followed by SPF. For PM, I mix Alpha Arbutin, Buffet and Marula and apply after AHA, retinol, or alone if it's a no treatment night. I also mix in Squalene sometimes for extra moisture. I am testing the 2% retinol on my hands but plan to start using it on my face this week.

The peeling solution along with the 7% glycolic toning solution and rose hip oil arrive tomorrow so I'll let you know how my first use goes.

I really like the Ordinary Marula oil but have never used the DE one so I can't compare.
I have tried the Josie Maran Argan oil and then bought the Ordinary one and see no difference except price $60 vs $6.80.

I do like the Ordinary glycolic toner, best part - it is not drying at all!!! All my friends and co-workers use it and we all love it, hopefully you do too. I can't believe what a great product you get for the price.

Thanks for the tip - I'm going to try the retinol on my hands. I also bought the hand cream from their Chemistry brand and actually see a big difference. I actually took "before" pics of my hands and WOW, it lives up to all the hype as the best hand cream on the market.

I can't believe that their return policy is ONE year, talk about standing behind your products!

Whatever I buy and don't like I am passing along to friends or family to try but still great to know that you could return for a full refund up to 365 days.

Reactions: lettuceshop
I really like the Ordinary Marula oil but have never used the DE one so I can't compare.
I have tried the Josie Maran Argan oil and then bought the Ordinary one and see no difference except price $60 vs $6.80.

I do like the Ordinary glycolic toner, best part - it is not drying at all!!! All my friends and co-workers use it and we all love it, hopefully you do too. I can't believe what a great product you get for the price.

Thanks for the tip - I'm going to try the retinol on my hands. I also bought the hand cream from their Chemistry brand and actually see a big difference. I actually took "before" pics of my hands and WOW, it lives up to all the hype as the best hand cream on the market.
Good to know! Deciem just emailed me to say marula is back in stock and they will be shipping my 2 bottles this week! I'm about out of the DE one so the timing is perfect.

I will be trying the peeling solution tonight so I'll let you know how it goes. I'll try the 7% toning solution in a few days as I think the peeling solution will be strong.

Good to know! Deciem just emailed me to say marula is back in stock and they will be shipping my 2 bottles this week! I'm about out of the DE one so the timing is perfect.

I will be trying the peeling solution tonight so I'll let you know how it goes. I'll try the 7% toning solution in a few days as I think the peeling solution will be strong.

I can't wait to see how you like the peel (I'm still so bummed I can't buy it in Canada).
I love a good peel, let me now how it works for you!!

I can't wait to see how you like the peel (I'm still so bummed I can't buy it in Canada).
I love a good peel, let me now how it works for you!!
OK, here are my thoughts on the peel:

I have been using DE's Baby Facial so I'm not new to strong acids. I typically experience stinging for a minute or two with Baby Facial so I expected the peel to sting. I tried some on the back of my hand first and didn't experience any stinging so I then put it on my face. My face did sting for the entire 10 minutes and was uncomfortable for the first 5 minutes. Tougher skin may not have much stinging, if any, which will make the application much more enjoyable. After I washed it off, I immediately applied a cocktail of Buffet, rose hip oil and squalene. My face feltreally soft - much more so than with Baby Facial. My face is not red after whatsoever so I'm hoping I don't have any negative side effects over the next few days.

I definitely will only use this once per week as I don't think my skin can handle more than that. I wish I had put it on my chest as I think that would have been more tolerable but I will try that next week.

All in all, not too much discomfort and the price is amazing! Baby Facial is nice but I don't think it has really helped that much. If all continues to go well I plan to switch to this peel and save myself over $70.

Curious to hear if any others try this and their thoughts. I think many will find it strong yet effective.

OK, here are my thoughts on the peel:

I have been using DE's Baby Facial so I'm not new to strong acids. I typically experience stinging for a minute or two with Baby Facial so I expected the peel to sting. I tried some on the back of my hand first and didn't experience any stinging so I then put it on my face. My face did sting for the entire 10 minutes and was uncomfortable for the first 5 minutes. Tougher skin may not have much stinging, if any, which will make the application much more enjoyable. After I washed it off, I immediately applied a cocktail of Buffet, rose hip oil and squalene. My face feltreally soft - much more so than with Baby Facial. My face is not red after whatsoever so I'm hoping I don't have any negative side effects over the next few days.

I definitely will only use this once per week as I don't think my skin can handle more than that. I wish I had put it on my chest as I think that would have been more tolerable but I will try that next week.

All in all, not too much discomfort and the price is amazing! Baby Facial is nice but I don't think it has really helped that much. If all continues to go well I plan to switch to this peel and save myself over $70.

Curious to hear if any others try this and their thoughts. I think many will find it strong yet effective.

Sounds promising
I would use it as a weekly peel too, for the price it would worth it to at least try it before going to other lines that are much more expensive

I am going to be replacing my much more expensive skin care products with the ordinary products as they are getting used up. No sense paying more money for the same or better ingredients
I'm saving so much money using this line I see a new purse in my future lol!

Reactions: Alliekatt29
Sounds promising
I would use it as a weekly peel too, for the price it would worth it to at least try it before going to other lines that are much more expensive

I am going to be replacing my much more expensive skin care products with the ordinary products as they are getting used up. No sense paying more money for the same or better ingredients
I'm saving so much money using this line I see a new purse in my future lol!
Yes! I can buy most of the ordinary products for the price of one or two expensive ones. I also like that I can try a new product and not feel like I wasted a ton of money if it doesn't work out as so many products don't do what they promise.

Reactions: Swanky
I just read their new $7 foundations are delayed 2 weeks because they are now changing the bottle.
It was originally a stopper top but they got so many requests for a pump top that they are changing the packaging based on customer feedback
I have high hopes for this foundation, I'll definitely try it

<snip>
I've had my prescription strength decreased at least 2x in the beginning as I couldn't handle the dryness and flakiness but my derm told me to just deal with it so I have all these years. When I would complain about how dry my skin was, he would say that was aging and wasn't because of the RetinA as I had been using it for years and my skin would have adjusted to it by now.</snip>
Girl you need a new doctor. What an ass.

and I like their stuff. I use the buffet and Vitamin c at night and the buffet any hyluronic (sorry, butchered that) acid in the day. Noticable improvement and I'm over 50.

Girl you need a new doctor. What an ass.

and I like their stuff. I use the buffet and Vitamin c at night and the buffet any hyluronic (sorry, butchered that) acid in the day. Noticable improvement and I'm over 50.

It's not just one derm, every derm I've ever seen over the past 15 yrs always recommends RetinA regardless of what I'm there complaining about - they recommend it for adult acne, dryness, aging, hyper pigmentation etc etc
When I tell them I'm on it already and I think that's what's causing my dry skin they all say after all these years my skin would have adjusted to it. They either reduce the strength or tell me to use less often but to keep using it.
When I would say I'm stopping it they would tell me not to, it's the gold standard in what really can improve skin and just tell me to moisturize more etc
I only mention all of this for anyone who has tried retinA or retinol before and didn't like it because it dryness or irritation give the 2% retinoid a try you may be surprised how different your skin reacts to it, I was!

Basically your skin may react differently to retinoids than it did to retinols

It's not just one derm, every derm I've ever seen over the past 15 yrs always recommends RetinA regardless of what I'm there complaining about - they recommend it for adult acne, dryness, aging, hyper pigmentation etc etc
When I tell them I'm on it already and I think that's what's causing my dry skin they all say after all these years my skin would have adjusted to it. They either reduce the strength or tell me to use less often but to keep using it.
When I would say I'm stopping it they would tell me not to, it's the gold standard in what really can improve skin and just tell me to moisturize more etc
I only mention all of this for anyone who has tried retinA or retinol before and didn't like it because it dryness or irritation give the 2% retinoid a try you may be surprised how different your skin reacts to it, I was!

Basically your skin may react differently to retinoids than it did to retinols

I feel for you. Seriously. I'd be in jail right now because I'd have beat a few of them to death. Your poor skin and wow *hugs*

I feel for you. Seriously. I'd be in jail right now because I'd have beat a few of them to death. Your poor skin and wow *hugs*

Did you use a difference brand VitC before the ordinary and how do you compare them?
I've only used a VitC serum never a cream before so I wasn't thrilled with it (I prefer a serum for daytime under make up) but I think if I use at night it could work maybe??

Did you use a difference brand VitC before the ordinary and how do you compare them?
I've only used a VitC serum never a cream before so I wasn't thrilled with it (I prefer a serum for daytime under make up) but I think if I use at night it could work maybe??
I use the ordinary at night. It's too crunchy for makeup to go over. I actually have a sample of the Ole Henriksen serum and it just sucks right in and is smooth.

I just read their new $7 foundations are delayed 2 weeks because they are now changing the bottle.
It was originally a stopper top but they got so many requests for a pump top that they are changing the packaging based on customer feedback
I have high hopes for this foundation, I'll definitely try it

Yes, I think I read mid April on their Instagram post. Really Ree has a review of the coverage foundation. She's 1.2N which is one of the shades I was going to order but she is much paler than I am so I'm rethinking which colors I will order. Victoria Health has the full ingredients list posted and there are quite a few silicones which I'm kind of disappointed about but I'll still give them a try.

Coverage ingredients:

Aqua (Water), Coconut Alkanes, Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Caprylyl Methicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Sucrose Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polysilicone-11, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Dimethicone/ Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain +/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.

Serum ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Caprylyl Methicone, Coconut Alkanes, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Coco Caprylate/Caprate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Cetyl Diglyceryl Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Alumina, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain +/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Aluminum Hydroxide, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.