Fabric Logo Bags (summer 2017?)

Ryan

O.G.
Feb 8, 2006
Hi there

I know these logo bags might not be everyone's taste, but I LOVE what I've seen - so 70s vintage feeling (at least to me). Does anyone know what other colors or styles this fabric comes in? I'm having trouble finding information. I'm just seeing them start to sprout up on Instagram (see attached, not my pic) and I'd love to get a sense of what's available.

Thank you!

Ryan

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 10.48.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 10.48.35 AM.png
    591.1 KB · Views: 617
I was told by a Dior SA that in the US only bigger stores (NYC and such) will be carrying this style. The large tote bag is actually quite light and comes with a strap ($2800, if I recall correctly). The convertible clutch below is a bit long and there was a vintage one listed on eBay for 1/4 the price!

I'm not such a big fan of the CD font, I wish they updated it which is why I decided against getting the tote bag...but I do love the pouch which comes in different sizes.

IMG_1491146799.878441.jpg

IMG_1491146824.702779.jpg

My personal favorite...

IMG_1491146843.903456.jpg

These new monogram bags have a black embroidery added on top of the Dior monogram print, which I think was not present to Dior monogram from the past.

I believe SF will get these, if not I'm sure your SA can transfer in pieces that you're interested in.

I was told by a Dior SA that in the US only bigger stores (NYC and such) will be carrying this style. The large tote bag is actually quite light and comes with a strap ($2800, if I recall correctly). The convertible clutch below is a bit long and there was a vintage one listed on eBay for 1/4 the price!

I'm not such a big fan of the CD font, I wish they updated it which is why I decided against getting the tote bag...but I do love the pouch which comes in different sizes.

View attachment 3654400

View attachment 3654401

My personal favorite...

View attachment 3654402
I totally agree with you about the logo. If they updated it to the new CD, or even the CD from Parfums Christian Dior, then I would be in total love.

I do like how they are made better than the ones in the past, because they use thicker leathers, have thick saddle-like stitching, and have suede lining.

I totally agree with you about the logo. If they updated it to the new CD, or even the CD from Parfums Christian Dior, then I would be in total love.

I do like how they are made better than the ones in the past, because they use thicker leathers, have thick saddle-like stitching, and have suede lining.

As you know I've been loving Maria's take on Dior but the one thing I can't stand with the bags are the lack of consistency with the usage of a Font style! Between the lady Dior, J'adior bags, and now the Monogrammed bags, they all feature different Font styles.

I just don't think I'll warm up to the "CD" font - I get it, vintage blah blah but it doesn't even seem like a reinterpretation of designs from the past but more like a straight up re-issue.

*Also, I LOVED the Oblique style Monogram released in the Fall 2016/Cruise 17. I wish they'd do more of that still.

View attachment 3654999

View attachment 3655004

Last edited:
As you know I've been loving Maria's take on Dior but the one thing I can't stand with the bags are the lack of consistency with the usage of a Font style! Between the lady Dior, J'adior bags, and now the Monogrammed bags, they all feature different Font styles.

I just don't think I'll warm up to the "CD" font - I get it, vintage blah blah but it doesn't even seem like a reinterpretation of designs from the past but more like a straight up re-issue.

*Also, I LOVED the Oblique style Monogram released in the Fall 2016/Cruise 17. I wish they'd do more of that still.

View attachment 3654999

View attachment 3655004
I agree. There isn't much consistency. I like the font Maria uses on a lot of her bags only on the J'ADIOR bags. It doesn't work as well when it's just for the name "DIOR".

I really like this one. It has the traditional Christian Dior font with a large block-letter one that sort of blends in with the design of the lock.
Dior Fall 2017 bag.jpg

Reactions: OneMoreDay
I agree. There isn't much consistency. I like the font Maria uses on a lot of her bags only on the J'ADIOR bags. It doesn't work as well when it's just for the name "DIOR".

I really like this one. It has the traditional Christian Dior font with a large block-letter one that sort of blends in with the design of the lock.
View attachment 3655620

I do like that as well. I really just wish that they'd update the monogram like the Oblique I mentioned earlier, it's just way too vintage derived (see, I don't like ALL of Maria's designs). [emoji23]

Also with the upcoming release of the C'est Dior bags, it will feature yet another type of font!!! Lol.

I'll definitely be getting the Dior pouch though (but I will have to learn to get over that awful CD Font

IMG_1491261559.858594.jpg

I do like that as well. I really just wish that they'd update the monogram like the Oblique I mentioned earlier, it's just way too vintage derived (see, I don't like ALL of Maria's designs). [emoji23]

Also with the upcoming release of the C'est Dior bags, it will feature yet another type of font!!! Lol.

I'll definitely be getting the Dior pouch though (but I will have to learn to get over that awful CD Font

View attachment 3655745
Yeah I wish she updated that logo. Just because it was an actual logo design from Dior's past doesn't mean it was great.

View attachment 3655745

Just flip the CD logo inward when you carry it so all you'll see is the plain monogram? LOL

Yeah I wish she updated that logo. Just because it was an actual logo design from Dior's past doesn't mean it was great.

Agree, like if I take an item of clothing from the 80s and pair it with other items from the 80s and style it like it was done in the 80s that's just what it will look like.

I do love the accessories line but the monogram line could use some freshening up and modernizing.

Reactions: averagejoe