Speedy B 25 epi leather pros and cons

Aug 14, 2012
Greetings!!

I am strongly considering the speedy b epi leather. Can anyone who has this bag tell me what the like and dislike? Also if anyone passed/ returned this bag. Can you tell me why?

I couldn't find much when I tried to search for reviews. Any information is helpful.

Thanks in advance!

I had one in Epi Denim and it got lumpy after one wear! I made a post about it here. You're not able to reshape the bag because the lining floats inside the bag and is smaller then the leather shell. So no matter how much you stuff it, it will get lumpy. I had to fight with LV to exchange and they eventually gave me a return, but it was a very frustrating situation.

Here's pics of the lumps:

IMG_1491068113.316748.jpgIMG_1491068130.624195.jpgIMG_1491068144.606379.jpg

Reactions: MissK_Marie
Greetings!!

I am strongly considering the speedy b epi leather. Can anyone who has this bag tell me what the like and dislike? Also if anyone passed/ returned this bag. Can you tell me why?

I couldn't find much when I tried to search for reviews. Any information is helpful.

Thanks in advance!

I love the epi speedy and I think you should definitely try one out at the store to see if you love it! But I would keep a few minor things in mind to help you get a great bag.

I just recently got the marine rouge empreinte speedy and the denim epi speedy, and while I love the look of the epi leather, I find it hard to get the zipper past the edge of my bag. After I fully unzip the bag, when I try to zip it back up, both sides of the zipper would get stuck on corners. The leather would get pushed together so tightly in that area that it is a tad difficult (and quite annoying) to try and rezip! Especially when you are in a hurry trying to pay at the store!

I end up not zipping the bag open fully, past the top edge of the bag and down the side, so the opening is basically the same size as the canvas speedies! That's why I use my empreinte one more, as it zips open and close without any problems, allowing me to use the extra wide mouth opening!

And I agree with the above poster! My bag has a little lump on the back, that only gets more defined with use. Nothing you can do about it, it's just the way the bag is structured.

So just make sure you check your bag for lumps to make sure they are minimal, and also look to see if your zipper gets stuck at the corner when trying to zip it closed. If those two things don't bother you or you find one without those minor issues, then you'll LOVE the epi speedy!! Such a classic and beautiful bag! Totally worth adding to your collection! :smile:

Reactions: MissK_Marie
It's not a bag designed to keep a structured shape... that's why I m puzzled by @frenchyo8 's post. Of course the bag will show that kind of wavering - just like it does in Empreinte or canvas!

But if you are okay with that, Épi is a fantastic leather and this bag looks super sharp! I love this update!

I was VERY excited about this bag while I waited for it to be released. I'm a huge Speedy B lover and I also love the look of Epi leather. That said, when I saw it IRL and tried it on, I decided to pass. In my opinion, this is a GREAT bag to be hand carried, but not over the shoulder and even less crossbody. It sticks out a lot from the body and the leather will get indentations pretty quickly, because the Epi leather is very stiff and structured, whereas the Speedy is a slouchy bag.
I'll attach some mod shots and a picture of the bags before I put them on my shoulder. For reference, I'm 5'1 1/5" and around 110 pounds. The strap was on the shortest setting.

Attachments

• IMG_4483.jpg
    IMG_4483.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 3,376
  • IMG_4484.jpg
    IMG_4484.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3,445
  • IMG_4485.jpg
    IMG_4485.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 2,561
  • IMG_4486.jpg
    IMG_4486.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 2,467
  • IMG_4487.jpg
    IMG_4487.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 3,035
Reactions: LVoe4DB
Is the indentation typical for epi leather? Or just this particular one. (Also considering picking up the alma epi as well)
It depends on the style. Most vintage Speedy bags in Epi leather I see around have some indentation. I believe the Bandoulière version will have even more. However, the Alma in Epi doesn't age like this, because it's a structured bag. I have an Alma BB in Epi and, right after I purchased this bag, I used it for weeks straight barely rotating with other bags and it still looks like it just came from the store.

It depends on the style. Most vintage Speedy bags in Epi leather I see around have some indentation. I believe the Bandoulière version will have even more. However, the Alma in Epi doesn't age like this, because it's a structured bag. I have an Alma BB in Epi and, right after I purchased this bag, I used it for weeks straight barely rotating with other bags and it still looks like it just came from the store.

Thank you! The alma has been on my list for quite some time so I know I'll definitely be getting that.

Is there a reason you think speedy b will have more than the old epi speedy?

Thank you! The alma has been on my list for quite some time so I know I'll definitely be getting that.

Is there a reason you think speedy b will have more than the old epi speedy?
I think she said that because the old Epi Speedy was not a cross-body/shoulder bag. It was only hand carried, and so the new one will get an indentation as it conforms to your body when it is used with the strap. But I don't see this as a major issue; these bags are made to be used!

Last edited:
I think she said that because the old Epi Speedy was not a cross-body/shoulder bag. It was only hand carried, and so the new one will get an indentation as it conforms to your body when it is used with the strap. But I don't see this as a major issue; these bags were meant to be used!

Good point!! Thank you! I LOVE the look of the epi speedy, so I'm definitely leaning toward getting it.

I appreciate everyone's help!

Good point!! Thank you! I LOVE the look of the epi speedy, so I'm definitely leaning toward getting it.

I appreciate everyone's help!
Plus, it's kind of a bonus that the bag conforms to your body because it makes it much more comfortable to use cross body or even just on the shoulder. Good luck deciding!

It's not a bag designed to keep a structured shape... that's why I m puzzled by @frenchyo8 's post. Of course the bag will show that kind of wavering - just like it does in Empreinte or canvas!

But if you are okay with that, Épi is a fantastic leather and this bag looks super sharp! I love this update!

I can help clear this up!

I didn't mean to confuse anyone. All I'm saying is that I was not aware that this bag was designed to "not keep a structured shape". That's all, if I had known I would not have purchased it. So I thought I would mention it to the OP.

My Epi Denim Neverfull looks brand new and keeps her shape really well, and that's what I was comparing her too. Same for all of my other Speedys once they are stuffed and stored they regain their original shape.

I couldn't get past the lumps, but if that's how it's meant to be that's fine, but not for me (hence I requested an exchange within my 30 day purchase period).

I can help clear this up!

I didn't mean to confuse anyone. All I'm saying is that I was not aware that this bag was designed to "not keep a structured shape". That's all, if I had known I would not have purchased it. So I thought I would mention it to the OP.

My Epi Denim Neverfull looks brand new and keeps her shape really well, and that's what I was comparing her too. Same for all of my other Speedys once they are stuffed and stored they regain their original shape.

I couldn't get past the lumps, but if that's how it's meant to be that's fine, but not for me (hence I requested an exchange within my 30 day purchase period).

That makes sense. Thank you for your help!