Love at first sight but not sure we're meant to be. Should I keep my new Pallas?

MissGuided

Apr 27, 2016
Last weekend I was in the LV store to buy a coin purse. While I was waiting for my SA to wrap my coin purse I saw a beautiful bag in the display case. It was the Pallas. I like a bag with a shoulder strap and it felt really comfortable on my shoulder. The main thing I liked (beside the way it looked) are the two side pockets. I love my totally because of the side pockets so I thought this bag would be very practical for me as well as gorgeous. The size of this bag seems pretty perfect too. I already have the Adele wallet in raisin so it felt like it was meant to be. I bought it in raisin.

This bag was stolen from my car. We were followed when we left the store and my car was burglarized at the next stop. I'm glad no one was hurt but the situation really shook me. My first instinct was "hell no, some creeps are not keeping me from my new love" so I went back and purchased another to be shipped home. (I really recommended having your bag shipped to your house now). Insurance is mostly going to cover the expense.

So my replacement bag arrived yesterday and I've only looked in the box once. I read some reviews that mentioned that Pallas has a tendency to bulge out on the sides and after what happened with my car being broken into, I'm not even sure I'm going to enjoy carrying it.

Should I keep it or should I return it? Does anyone that has the Pallas have any pros or cons I should think about?

I'm so sorry that happened to you. That is really traumatic. I think the new Pallas is a beautiful bag and I considered getting it. It is comfortable and practical with the side pockets. I had the old style Pallas and ended up selling it because I wasn't using it much. All of that said, I personally would select a different bag. I think you'll always have a bad memory associated with that bag. I once had my LV sunglasses stolen and got them back and could never wear them again because of the association. Anyway, just my thoughts but you prob have a bit of time to decide before your exchange period is up.

Last weekend I was in the LV store to buy a coin purse. While I was waiting for my SA to wrap my coin purse I saw a beautiful bag in the display case. It was the Pallas. I like a bag with a shoulder strap and it felt really comfortable on my shoulder. The main thing I liked (beside the way it looked) are the two side pockets. I love my totally because of the side pockets so I thought this bag would be very practical for me as well as gorgeous. The size of this bag seems pretty perfect too. I already have the Adele wallet in raisin so it felt like it was meant to be. I bought it in raisin.

This bag was stolen from my car. We were followed when we left the store and my car was burglarized at the next stop. I'm glad no one was hurt but the situation really shook me. My first instinct was "hell no, some creeps are not keeping me from my new love" so I went back and purchased another to be shipped home. (I really recommended having your bag shipped to your house now). Insurance is mostly going to cover the expense.

So my replacement bag arrived yesterday and I've only looked in the box once. I read some reviews that mentioned that Pallas has a tendency to bulge out on the sides and after what happened with my car being broken into, I'm not even sure I'm going to enjoy carrying it.

Should I keep it or should I return it? Does anyone that has the Pallas have any pros or cons I should think about?

That's horrible! I'm so sorry that your bag was stolen! I'm like the post above, I wouldn't want to have the same bag due to the bad memory. But if you love it and won't think about it like that, then definitely get what your heart wants!!

Your story is so scary! Were you in the car when he bag was stolen? Or when you say your bag was stolen at the next stop, did you leave the bag in your car and then head to somewhere else?

Wow! This has been happening at our local store as well - people shop, put the bag in their car, and go to dinner or do more shopping. The thieves follow them the whole way and break into the cars. So insane.

Regardless, I love the Pallas!

I'm so sorry this happened to you, and very glad you are OK. I also have to say, I admire your attitude about not letting the thieves spoil this purchase for you!

I wouldn't take this as a sign the Pallas was not "meant to be." Don't look for reasons not to like it. Instead, maybe set it aside, or return it for now, and take a breath. Give yourself some time to process the whole thing. Then decide if you still want the Pallas. Just a suggestion. Take care of yourself.

OMG this is so scary, I'm assuming you weren't in the car when it happened, right?

I am so scared of things getting stolen from my car, I tell my hubby all the time.

My advice would be to return it, I have this bag and I'm thinking of selling her. She's beautiful, but doesn't get as much use as my other bags. Plus you'll always have that association and will lose money if/when you sell.

That's horrible! I'm so sorry that your bag was stolen! I'm like the post above, I wouldn't want to have the same bag due to the bad memory. But if you love it and won't think about it like that, then definitely get what your heart wants!!

Your story is so scary! Were you in the car when he bag was stolen? Or when you say your bag was stolen at the next stop, did you leave the bag in your car and then head to somewhere else?
We watched on the surveillance cameras afterwards. We were followed from the LV store for several miles. Initially we were gong straight back to the hotel but decided to stop at a store where my husband likes to shop for just a minute. I thought about staying in the car, but my husband was nice enough to hang out with me at LV so I thought I'd hang out with him at his store. A few minutes after we entered the store the car that followed us into the parking lot circled the parking lot and backed in right next to my car. Then someone got out and broke the glass and grabbed my bags. It happened super fast and then they drove away. We were in t he store for 12 minutes. Looking back, it was the perfect situation for the criminals and really dumb of us. We're from a small city and I'd never hreard of this. The police said its common.

I'm so sorry this happened to you, and very glad you are OK. I also have to say, I admire your attitude about not letting the thieves spoil this purchase for you!

I wouldn't take this as a sign the Pallas was not "meant to be." Don't look for reasons not to like it. Instead, maybe set it aside, or return it for now, and take a breath. Give yourself some time to process the whole thing. Then decide if you still want the Pallas. Just a suggestion. Take care of yourself.
I think that's a great suggestion to return it for now until I have time to process a while. Then buy it again if I still want it.

OMG this is so scary, I'm assuming you weren't in the car when it happened, right?

I am so scared of things getting stolen from my car, I tell my hubby all the time.

My advice would be to return it, I have this bag and I'm thinking of selling her. She's beautiful, but doesn't get as much use as my other bags. Plus you'll always have that association and will lose money if/when you sell.
Good point and thanks for chiming in.

Reactions: frenchyo8

+1 exactly!

I'm so sorry this happened to you but I would give yourself time to recover and then seriously treat yourself! Really glad insurance is covering most of it for you.

First, I'm sorry your car got broken into and your Pallas stolen. The part that bothers me the most is being watched and followed.

I have had the Pallas since it was released in 2013. I really still love this bag. I think its stunning in the new raisin color! My only con to the bag is the big inside pocket can get into the way sometimes when trying to put something in the bag. It is a little more slouchy these days but still stands upright. I personally would have more upsetting memories knowing that I was watched and followed, more than associating the bag itself being stolen from you and now it may give bad memories. If you love the bag, you love the bag and keep. But, if you have any reservations about it's function or durability that's different. I'll admit that I love the outside pockets to put my keys in, and agree it fits very comfortable on the shoulder. But, in the end you want something you'll wear and love.

We watched on the surveillance cameras afterwards. We were followed from the LV store for several miles. Initially we were gong straight back to the hotel but decided to stop at a store where my husband likes to shop for just a minute. I thought about staying in the car, but my husband was nice enough to hang out with me at LV so I thought I'd hang out with him at his store. A few minutes after we entered the store the car that followed us into the parking lot circled the parking lot and backed in right next to my car. Then someone got out and broke the glass and grabbed my bags. It happened super fast and then they drove away. We were in t he store for 12 minutes. Looking back, it was the perfect situation for the criminals and really dumb of us. We're from a small city and I'd never hreard of this. The police said its common.
So terrible that someone would do this. Really really sorry.

This is just purely aesthetic reason. I saw someone carrying the Pallas today and I thought to myself "I'm glad I didn't purchase that bag." It was because the sides were bulging like you mentioned. I had tried it on the store at one point and liked it. In the end I got the Caissa clutch which I'm totally enamoured with currently. But you should return and maybe sit on the mo et for a bit. Let yourself get back from the shock of what happened.

May I know where did it happen?