Help with Store Credit

Kcano22

Oct 16, 2014
Hi! I'm kind of the new on the LV thread i usually around others, like Celine TBH, I only own 3 LV (neverfull, speedy and My holy grial a Monogram Tuffetage W Bag), it was a xmas gift from my husband and i really love it, 'cause it's so different an at the same time elegant/outstanding (at least to me) and i also like the fact that it's just not a common bag. The problem it's that the handles are melting in the inside, like the glue at the end of the handle, anyway i contacted my SA in order to find out if it's possible to fix it, and she told me that the store wants to take it back and give me store credit for the amount of the value that I payed for the bag (a little over 5k), and here's my dilemma and why I started this thread, I need advice, Don't know if to get a couple of different bags or something different not that common as it is the W. I really appreciate advice and what would you get with that amount. Just little info besides the 2 others LV my also big bags are own a YSL Sac du jour the large one, A celine luggage, a Celine belt, A celine Phantom in canvas, and a Chanel Deuville.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi! I'm kind of the new on the LV thread i usually around others, like Celine TBH, I only own 3 LV (neverfull, speedy and My holy grial a Monogram Tuffetage W Bag), it was a xmas gift from my husband and i really love it, 'cause it's so different an at the same time elegant/outstanding (at least to me) and i also like the fact that it's just not a common bag. The problem it's that the handles are melting in the inside, like the glue at the end of the handle, anyway i contacted my SA in order to find out if it's possible to fix it, and she told me that the store wants to take it back and give me store credit for the amount of the value that I payed for the bag (a little over 5k), and here's my dilemma and why I started this thread, I need advice, Don't know if to get a couple of different bags or something different not that common as it is the W. I really appreciate advice and what would you get with that amount. Just little info besides the 2 others LV my also big bags are own a YSL Sac du jour the large one, A celine luggage, a Celine belt, A celine Phantom in canvas, and a Chanel Deuville.

Thanks
Since this was such a special bag (gorgeous for sure!), I would probably look at similar items in the LV collection so the replacement bag remains as special as the original! Good luck!

Totally agree with fabuleux! You should absolutely get another more special bag. Have you thought about the Capucines? It's a modern classic that will look great for years! That would definitely use up your entire store credit.

Since your collection has many larger bags, would you consider the Petite Malle? That's a fabulous piece and you could use it for a clutch/evening bag!

Keep us updated with your decision and good luck choosing!! Such a fun dilemma to have! :smile:

Since this was such a special bag (gorgeous for sure!), I would probably look at similar items in the LV collection so the replacement bag remains as special as the original! Good luck!
I spend my weekend online and I have been thinking about getting a cappucine or maybe going for a twist, which I have my eye on since last year. But still not sure, they are both so different.

Totally agree with fabuleux! You should absolutely get another more special bag. Have you thought about the Capucines? It's a modern classic that will look great for years! That would definitely use up your entire store credit.

Since your collection has many larger bags, would you consider the Petite Malle? That's a fabulous piece and you could use it for a clutch/evening bag!

Keep us updated with your decision and good luck choosing!! Such a fun dilemma to have! :smile:
Thank you for the idea, I've been seeing the cappucines and are so lovely, but at the same time and completily different i saw a twist and i really love how it looks, and still could get another small bag. I have to check the forum to see reviews on both hangsbags. and Of course i will keep you post :amuse:

The Capucines is a great idea! Have you thought about the City Steamer? I don't see a lot of people with it. GL deciding!
HI! What a nice bag, i saw but didn't know the name. it's so much fun, the only problem it's that where i live there's no LV store, so i have no way to try in on :sad: or to see in person, and my SA advice me to make a choose before i arrive to USA so she can make sure to have the bag ready waiting for me since i will only would be in the country for a couple of days.