Help me pick large or small Frivole earrings?

Loubies89

Jun 12, 2014
Hi all! I'd love your thoughts on which earrings I should get. I've always loved the YG frivole earrings, though to be honest the new mini ones are a little too mini for me! I would love a pair I can wear often, which makes me lean towards the small ones. But I know we have members that say they wear their large frivoles all the time! I also plan to get the vintage alhambra MOP earrings, so that might be a reason to get the large frivoles as the small ones will be similar in size.

In terms of daily jewelry, I wear the vintage alhambra YG with diamonds pendant most days!IMG_1490922697.753872.jpg
Small frivole

IMG_1490922716.348475.jpgIMG_1490922726.459170.jpg
Large frivole!

Would love your thoughts!

I always like to see a balance of large Pendant/smaller earrings or small Pendant/larger earrings.

Taking into consideration that you will be purchasing the VA MOP earrings, the large Frivole will give the size diversity you seek.

The small Frivole looks lovely on your fine features and are a tad bit larger than the VA earrings.

The MOP earrings also come in a Magic size, if you do choose to get the small Frivole and still feel you need size diversity in your collection.

Reactions: Loubies89
They are both gorgeous on you. I really like the small ones on you...they seem to suit you better. You can't make a bad choice here.

I was surprised by how much I liked the small ones as I tend to be very into large jewelry! If I had unlimited funds I'd probably get both [emoji5][emoji33] as I think the small is such an excellent daily choice! Thank you for your comments [emoji173]

I think I really like the small on you. The small have a great presence without being overwhelming.
They really look so beautiful on you and you wear them so well!!
Presence is such a good word! I also love the 3 dimensional quality of the frivole!! Thank you for your kind words [emoji173][emoji173]

I always like to see a balance of large Pendant/smaller earrings or small Pendant/larger earrings.

Taking into consideration that you will be purchasing the VA MOP earrings, the large Frivole will give the size diversity you seek.

The small Frivole looks lovely on your fine features and are a tad bit larger than the VA earrings.

The MOP earrings also come in a Magic size, if you do choose to get the small Frivole and still feel you need size diversity in your collection.

You're absolutely right about balance and thinking ahead! Since I am planning to get the VA MOP it does make more sense for my collection to get the large!

I prefer the large on you but I am biased because I am wearing mine right now!!
You see more of the flower with the large.
I can see the front part of the omega clip on the small which I wish wasn't the case.

Omg, once you pointed out the front part of the omega clip on the small, I can't stop looking at it! You are my inspiration for getting the large frivole! And your VCA collection is TDF. Do you wear a necklace when you wear your large frivole?

I was surprised by how much I liked the small ones as I tend to be very into large jewelry! If I had unlimited funds I'd probably get both [emoji5][emoji33] as I think the small is such an excellent daily choice! Thank you for your comments [emoji173]

Presence is such a good word! I also love the 3 dimensional quality of the frivole!! Thank you for your kind words [emoji173][emoji173]

You're absolutely right about balance and thinking ahead! Since I am planning to get the VA MOP it does make more sense for my collection to get the large!

Omg, once you pointed out the front part of the omega clip on the small, I can't stop looking at it! You are my inspiration for getting the large frivole! And your VCA collection is TDF. Do you wear a necklace when you wear your large frivole?
Great question about the necklace.
Today I wore my earrings without a necklace. Just two perlee bracelets (signature and peeled d'or).
There are times when I will wear a 20 motif with my earrings. I also have the frivole multistation necklace and have worn them together and allowed the jewelry to really shine.
Ex: fitted black jacket with slim pants and heels or ankle boots. Hair pulled back.
It's a beautiful set.
I love all sizes of the frivole earrings and agree that the small are great for everyday but if you like large earrings I'll bet that will enjoy this size a lot.
You really can't go wrong because one can easily justify either size.

Reactions: Mali_ and Loubies89
I love the large and am also one of the ladies who wears them as everyday earrings (trying to buy more subtle earrings as these are my smallest pair!)

I like both on you, but as TGG mentioned you can see the omega clip on the small and that would bother me. But size-wise you can pull of either!

I usually wear them with a 10-motif and/or scarf:

IMG_1490961638.408150.jpg

IMG_1490961648.599261.jpg

I love the large and am also one of the ladies who wears them as everyday earrings (trying to buy more subtle earrings as these are my smallest pair!)

I like both on you, but as TGG mentioned you can see the omega clip on the small and that would bother me. But size-wise you can pull of either!

I usually wear them with a 10-motif and/or scarf:

View attachment 3651821

View attachment 3651822

BBC, I L[emoji173]️VE how the large Frivole look with your 10-motifs. Just the right balance [emoji1360]

Reactions: Mali_ and BBC
I prefer the large on you but I am biased because I am wearing mine right now!!
You see more of the flower with the large.
I can see the front part of the omega clip on the small which I wish wasn't the case.
I've run into this too! I wasn't sure if it was just my ear lobes or what. They were the MOP Butterfly earrings. I wanted them to go with my BTF ring, but I could see the omega clip when I tried them on. Needless to say, I did not leave the shop with them.
@Loubies89 I really like the small ones on you, but if you can see the omega clip, I'm going to vote for the large. They're both gorgeous on you though! :heart:

Reactions: Loubies89