Gucci Small Marmont Matelasse in Nude / Balenciaga Small City Comparison Pics

fayden

latest obsession :
O.G.
Nov 18, 2005
So I've been obsessing over the nude color and really wanted it in the small size. I found out that the nude size small is a Gucci exclusive only to the website and of course the website was out of stock. I ordered the mini just to see if I could possibly live with the mini size, but I couldn't even fit all my essentials in there. The mini is a definite no for me. I sent it back.
I called Gucci to see if they could possibly track one down for me in the small and they told me my best bet was to keep checking the website to see if anyone returned one.
Last Friday I'm checking the website first thing in the morning and it said "Find In Store". I plugged in my Atanta zip code, nothing. I plugged in my old New York zip code and I got a hit. Someone returned one at the Flag Ship store! Woo hoo!
Made a phone call and got it shipped to me in Atlanta.
So here she is.
I'm also including a modeling pic. I'm 4 feet 11 and I think it's the perfect size.
I also included comparison pics to my Balenciaga Small City and my J.Crew Signet bag which is the same size as the Gucci Disco Bag. I didn't like the Disco bag personally because of the very big G logos. Not a fan of huge logos like that. But I do love the size so I settled for a J.crew Signet which amazingly enough, the leather is very nice. It's soft and grainy and is holding up well. I also paid a fraction of the cost, $128.
Now that I have my new bag, I just read someone's thread that the glazing is coming off at the zipper line. Anyone else have this issue? I haven't used mine yet. But now I'm worried it will happen to mine also. If that's the case, maybe I will return it...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 2,499
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 2,470
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 3,418
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 2,908
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 1,792
Congratulations! Your persistence paid off :smile:
The size and colour are perfect for you.
I've been using my mini black & white Marmont camera bag regularly for several months and it's still in perfect shape - no problems with the glazing or anything else.
Enjoy your lovely new bag :heart:

Congratulations! Your persistence paid off :smile:
The size and colour are perfect for you.
I've been using my mini black & white Marmont camera bag regularly for several months and it's still in perfect shape - no problems with the glazing or anything else.
Enjoy your lovely new bag :heart:

Awesome! Glad you have not had any issues with your bags, I think I will keep her, will wait for the weekend to take her out. This is my first Gucci bag in more than 10 years. I've always been a Balenciaga gal, and Chanel boy's are another favorite of mine, but I can only afford one. LOL!

Reactions: Straight-Laced
Love it! And I'm so glad you were able to find it! I've been deciding b/t this color and the red. Now that I know how hard it is to find this one, I think I'll go for the red. It's really beautiful, enjoy it!!

Love it! And I'm so glad you were able to find it! I've been deciding b/t this color and the red. Now that I know how hard it is to find this one, I think I'll go for the red. It's really beautiful, enjoy it!!
I saw the red in person, it's a really nice red too, that would have been my second choice, but right now the Gucci website has the nude in stock, so maybe they got a few more in or someone returned one! Good luck!

I saw the red in person, it's a really nice red too, that would have been my second choice, but right now the Gucci website has the nude in stock, so maybe they got a few more in or someone returned one! Good luck!
Oh, NICE!! Thanks for the heads up! Now I really have to make a decision between the colors!