Food Having a dinner party for fifteen people this weekend?

Docjeun

Sep 15, 2012
What would you suggest?
The only problem I have is that two are vegetarians.
I would like to have a main dish, a few other dishes to compliment and a starter plate and a dessert.
I'm kind of at a loss and in a big hurry to decide, thank you in advance who ever replies.

is there a certain type of cuisine you'd like to stick to? is this a more formal dinner or casual? if casual, lasagna is an option, and a vegetarian version would be perfect. i know a lot of people who stick with pasta dishes when they're entertaining, but i'm a meat and potatoes kind of girl, so i've done things like beef tenderloin and sides for a crowd.

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
is there a certain type of cuisine you'd like to stick to? is this a more formal dinner or casual? if casual, lasagna is an option, and a vegetarian version would be perfect. i know a lot of people who stick with pasta dishes when they're entertaining, but i'm a meat and potatoes kind of girl, so i've done things like beef tenderloin and sides for a crowd.
Those are good ideas but I would like something a little more formal.
More than likely I will go with meat dishes for most of the group, but not sure about the others.
Thank you so much for your response, I appreciate it.

With so many people the easiest imo is to plan things that can be roasted in the oven. A nice piece of meat or a big fish. For the vegetarians you can do a roast celeriac or something with pumpkin, there are lots of recipes around. For a starter you cannot go wrong with soup. A nice veloutee, or a cold vichyssoise type soup depending on the wheather. A couple of side dishes and for dessert something you can make in advance. Like blancmange, crème caramel or merengue (I am very into old fashioned desserts). Add some fresh cream and berries on the day and you're ready to go.

Reactions: Docjeun
Those are good ideas but I would like something a little more formal.
More than likely I will go with meat dishes for most of the group, but not sure about the others.
Thank you so much for your response, I appreciate it.

totally understand! i also like risotto, which is very easy to make vegetarian or vegan.

Reactions: Docjeun
With so many people the easiest imo is to plan things that can be roasted in the oven. A nice piece of meat or a big fish. For the vegetarians you can do a roast celeriac or something with pumpkin, there are lots of recipes around. For a starter you cannot go wrong with soup. A nice veloutee, or a cold vichyssoise type soup depending on the wheather. A couple of side dishes and for dessert something you can make in advance. Like blancmange, crème caramel or merengue (I am very into old fashioned desserts). Add some fresh cream and berries on the day and you're ready to go.
Great ideas, thank you.