I want to get my first Damier Azur bag...Help me decide please....

Justluvabag

Aug 25, 2016
Hi all,
I have the Speedy 30 in DE and Mono and absolutely love them, but for the few days of summer that we get here in the U.K, I would love a DA bag. Any help choosing with mod shots would be fab. I don't own a Neverfull and not sure it is me, however would consider. So, I'm deciding between Speedy 30, Favorite MM and neverfull. As it won't be used that much it's just for the change on nice days was thinking a small crossbody but not sure. What do you think? And what do you have, if anything in DA.
Also, does it get really dirty quickly?
My sisters and friends don't care about bags so no one to ask who 'understands'

Hi all,
I have the Speedy 30 in DE and Mono and absolutely love them, but for the few days of summer that we get here in the U.K, I would love a DA bag. Any help choosing with mod shots would be fab. I don't own a Neverfull and not sure it is me, however would consider. So, I'm deciding between Speedy 30, Favorite MM and neverfull. As it won't be used that much it's just for the change on nice days was thinking a small crossbody but not sure. What do you think? And what do you have, if anything in DA.
Also, does it get really dirty quickly?
My sisters and friends don't care about bags so no one to ask who 'understands'
l personally will go for small DA. Because this bag get dirty like no man business. Plus you only really enjoy it in the summer, the UK don't get a lot of summer. You have to be very careful when you use it if you want to keep it nice for a long time. I wouldn't spend too much on DA. Also the resale is not very attractive and fast compared to monogram and DE.

I purchased the Neverful pm in DA last year to use as a small summer bag. It's absolutely perfect- such a fun bag to carry plus it has a small pouch that can be used as a wristlet. My bag is a year old and looks new - it's my only DA piece so I can't give a lot of insight on how DA ages. (Mine spent the winter in a dust bag in my closet.). I'll be interested to see what you decide!

What about a pochette accessories in azure to use crossbody? Not as expensive as the favorite since you won't be using it except in summer. You could also use a pochette in another bag.
I was thinking about doing this too! Living in Minnesota we don't get a lot of summer either, so it would be hard to justify a larger purchase in Azur.

DA is such a beautiful canvas. I have a Favorite MM and a NF MM in DA. If I had to choose between the 2 I would choose the Favorite. Love the crossbody and also love that it can be worn with just the gold chain for a dressier look. I love the NF as well, but the Favorite gets a lot more use. Can't wait to see what you decide!

I purchased the Neverful pm in DA last year to use as a small summer bag. It's absolutely perfect- such a fun bag to carry plus it has a small pouch that can be used as a wristlet. My bag is a year old and looks new - it's my only DA piece so I can't give a lot of insight on how DA ages. (Mine spent the winter in a dust bag in my closet.). I'll be interested to see what you decide!

I have the PM Neverfull as well and it makes me laugh when we say it's a 'small' bag as it really isn't but I guess compared to the MM and GM it is. The PM is such a great size, I think it's actually is more flattering than the larger sizes.

Thanks so much for your help and ideas. Think I'm swaying towards Favorite MM. But, will head to a store and try them on. Was thinking of the NF as you get an extra pouch with it. The Felicie would be too small. I have it in the monogram.

I can fit a clemence wallet, kindle, sunglasses, reading glasses, toiletry pouch, purse hook, da pouch (that came with the bag) filled with a package of Kleenex and mints in the PM with room to spare. As 4Purse mentioned, it's really not a small bag. I just traveled to St. Martin and even put my iPad in it. Once I got here I realized the benefit of using the pouch as a wristlet at night. Good luck with your decision!