Does Anyone Have An Oval Diamond Ring? Would Love Get Setting Ideas!

cgsprings

O.G.
Mar 2, 2007
I have a 1.6 C. Oval diamond with an unexciting setting. I'll try to post pics soon. Do any of you have an oval diamond of any size who can show pics to give me some ideas???? TIA!!!:confused1::search:

OK...I hope I did it right. One thing I've just learned that even if it works, it's sure hard to take a pic of a diamond! As you can see in the 2nd pic, it is a very high setting and I prefer a low setting. Anyway, if anyone has a suggestion for a great setting, I'd love to see it!:yes:

Attachments

• ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 1,593
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 1,291
I have an oval!!! I cannot photograph jewelry for the life of me but I tried!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC05461.JPG
    DSC05461.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 3,403
  • DSC05444.JPG
    DSC05444.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,682
  • DSC05438.JPG
    DSC05438.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 3,460
Reactions: Shelovesbling
I have an oval!!! I cannot photograph jewelry for the life of me but I tried!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
zacorey,
I luv your ring!!! It's is one of the few rings that are simple yet so detailed! My SO & I are engagement ring shopping but can't decide on anything. Most likely we will have it custom made. I'm looking at oval, princess, cushion cuts right now. May I ask what is the ct sz on the center & side?

zacorey,
I luv your ring!!! It's is one of the few rings that are simple yet so detailed! My SO & I are engagement ring shopping but can't decide on anything. Most likely we will have it custom made. I'm looking at oval, princess, cushion cuts right now. May I ask what is the ct sz on the center & side?

Hi twigski!

Thanks for the nice comments!!!:heart: Well~ my ring has changed a lot since I first got it! Originally it was the same oval diamond but had a baguette on each side. I had it redone to the 3 oval diamonds a few years later. Then I had a jeweler make a wedding band that fit right under the ring so I could wear them both together on one hand. I love the details he did to the ring. I had him put little diamonds where he raised the stones so when you see it on the finger you can see the little diamonds that raise the setting. He also did some scroll work. I went to several sites to get ideas and printed out rings I liked and worked from that. The center oval diamond is 2.4 and the side ovals diamonds are .70.

It's funny b/c I never went with my husband to pick out my stone!~ which I think a lot of girls do~ he went on his own and totally surprised me. I never thought I would wind up with an oval diamond~ it just never even crossed my mind. But~ I do really LOVE it. Not many people have it and it is so pretty. My husband said he picked it b/c it looked like a football to him!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

Let me know what you end up getting!!!:heart: Good Luck!!!

Here are 2 more pics of the sides~

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC05435.JPG
    DSC05435.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,415
  • DSC05433.JPG
    DSC05433.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 2,426
Zacory, I love the view of your wedding band snuggled up against the ering! The scroll work is so beautiful. Also, in addition to oval having the shape of a football (lol) I was told that oval is the rarest shape of diamond these days. Actually I was told that about a year ago but I won't be surprised if it's still true. Anyway, gorgeous ring and thanks for posting the pics!!

Zacory, I love the view of your wedding band snuggled up against the ering! The scroll work is so beautiful. Also, in addition to oval having the shape of a football (lol) I was told that oval is the rarest shape of diamond these days. Actually I was told that about a year ago but I won't be surprised if it's still true. Anyway, gorgeous ring and thanks for posting the pics!!

Thank you so much!!!:flowers::heart::flowers: I am so jewelry clueless so I don't know much about the rarity of the oval but that is so cool to know that it is rare. I've only come across one other woman with an oval diamond in all 10 years I've had the ring (so maybe it is rare?). I hope your ring comes out fabulous!!!:heart::heart::heart: Keep us posted!!!!