Official Hermes Belt Thread

Hermès size Waist circumference cm to in ... just measure your waist or where you want the belt to hit you... this info is on their website under the belt kits size guide link...
70cm - 27.5"
75cm - 29.5"
80cm - 31.5"
85cm - 33.5"
90cm - 35.4"
95cm - 37.4"
100cm - 39.4"
105cm - 41.3"
110cm - 43.3"
115cm - 45.3"
120cm - 47.2"

Thanks for the input!
So i guess 32 mm is more universal fit for formal and casual wear.

He is 32 but more towards 31 so 90 cm should be fine or im safer with 95?

Im thinking to get the black/gold but silver guillochée buckle, he is not very fond of gold buckle, but you guys telling me silver not very nice combo? Im choosing this because it is Hermes signature color, maybe im better off blue/black and silver?

Also, which belt leather most durable? Thanks!

90 should be fine
It's called a kit because the belt and strap are completely separate
Once you have a selection of belts and straps you have many combinations available to you
You can always buy extra different belt straps but you cannot buy the buckles without buying a belt strap
The gold/silver hardware choice is personal preference.
Despite what I said about silver with gold/tan tone straps you could argue that it looks more modern.

On the web site you can see the different combinations when you make selections.

Two pics below for you
The tapered black belt is actually indigo; the real black belt is box and over ten years old.
Scratches are not a problem; you are more likely to scratch a bag than a belt.
So just go for the colour and texture that you prefer.
I would have been more careful with the gold buckle if I'd thought about scratches - a brushed finish is more durable

Attachments

• IMG_4793.JPG
    IMG_4793.JPG
    308.9 KB · Views: 1,658
  • IMG_4794.JPG
    IMG_4794.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 1,518
Hi all! I am sure I can find my answer in one of the 226 pages here, but I don't have time to look through it all.
If I go into the Hermes store, can they put together a belt for me? I am getting confused with the words "belt kit".
Thanks in advance!

I just realised that I included responding to your question replying to miso5oup post 4520
hope it helps

Hi all, could someone please clarify for me.
Have the 32mm belts changed recently.
SwiftyTK's post above refers to the change but I am not aware of it, and being an avid belt lover hope that it isn't going to be too much of a difference.
Thanks in

Left is the old women's 32mm
Middle is the new 32mm design I received today
Left is the old men's 32mm

So the middle one seems to have the same shape as the old men's belt BUT they have moved the buckle hole closer to the end of the strap to give it a shorter tail.

Attachments

• IMG_5918.JPG
    IMG_5918.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,303
I don't know where my actual comment went...

So the middle one seems to have the same shape as the old men's belt BUT they have moved the buckle hole closer to the end of the strap to give it a shorter tail.

Attachments

• IMG_5918.JPG
    IMG_5918.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,297

Hi Swifty thanks for posting the comparison shots.
I also asked my SA about this and was told that they were changing, but I didn't really understand her answer and when this change may happen.
Your pictures have helped clarify a lot.
My DH bought a belt this week which was a 100 but was too long to fit into the insides of the belt box, so it is slightly longer than his other 100 which does. It seems to have a longer tapered end.
Fit wise seems to be the same.
Congrats on your lovely belt collection.
:hugs:

Reactions: zita3000

Thanks for this. My SA also told me about the change to the "women's" belt from square edged to short tapered - but shorter than the men's; however, your photo is great for showing the differences IRL for what she could only try to describe in words......

Good to know! I was in between buying a LV one and a hermes one. I asked my SA if I could take it to a cobbler to punch more holes if I needed and he said it would void the warranty. Thats why I got excited when I read that hermes will do it. Thank you for the response.

They will definitely punch holes for you at the store. I have had it done to several of my belts. Just make sure you call the store to make sure their "repair" guy is there to do it.

Good to know! I was in between buying a LV one and a hermes one. I asked my SA if I could take it to a cobbler to punch more holes if I needed and he said it would void the warranty. Thats why I got excited when I read that hermes will do it. Thank you for the response.

You're welcome! :smile:

They will definitely punch holes for you at the store. I have had it done to several of my belts. Just make sure you call the store to make sure their "repair" guy is there to do it.

Not sure if it's different in other countries but I had the holes punched by a local SA in Singapore. [emoji5]