Gucci Jordaan Loafer - Worth It?

Faith2

Jul 15, 2008
Hi everybody:
I have been thinking about purchasing the Gucci Jordaan loafers for some time and I am hesitating as I am not sure they are worth it given the huge price tag. I know they are classic and I assume I will be able to wear them for years to come. I checked the Gucci Princetown Mules thread but was hoping to get information specifically on the loafers. If you have some comments to share about Gucci's loafers I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I just bought a black pair yesterday! I love them! The Gucci "Frame" loafer is being discontinued and these are "taking over" that style. They differ from the popular Brixton style in that the back will not fold down to wear it as a slide option. One shoe SA pointed out that once one wears the Brixton folded down, it will eventually get dirty and you won't want to wear it unfolded as it'll show the dirt.

I got the Jordaan because they are a classic and look forward to wearing them for years. They're elegant and solidly built. I wear a 6 and bought this in a 6. The "Frame" ran a size large.

I also tried the Princetown 75mm high block heel mules. I think they're really pretty but they slid off my feet. Other mules don't, but they did.

The price tag is a gulp, but if you're looking for a prestigious super high quality shoe that'll look great for years, they're it.

Thanks you for the information. I'm trying to get passed the price tag. I have some time with respecting to buying them as I am on a waiting list to get them so in the meantime, I am trying to figure it out. Thanks again.

The red looks great. It's great to hear they are narrow as I tend to have issues with shoes being too wide. Thanks for sharing.

I have the Jordaan and the Brixton. Love them both, but the Jordaan is more resilliant.
IMO, the Jordaans are some of the best made shoes on the market. They are also extremely comfortable- I have narrow feet as well, especially in the heel, and these have been a perfect fit right out of the box.
I think they represent a good value- they are timeless and will last for years.

Info on the various types of loafer and their chronology post 129 here:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/horse-bit-loafers-addicts-club.879786/page-9

Jordaans are basically the 1970 last loafer revisited and renamed.

I don't have narrow or wide feet, mine are TTS
Very comfy

Here're mine in purple eel

DSC_0114_zpsheezciwn.jpg

DSC_0115_zpsarn6xc5w.jpg

The colours are beautiful.

It's great to hear that the shoe is well made and should last for many years. I know the style is classic. I'm thinking I should take the plunge but I'm still trying to get comfortable with the price. Given that I'm on a waiting list for them, hopefully by the time my name comes up I will be comfortable with the price.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: papertiger
Question on fit for you ladies - I have very narrow feet and can't wear the Brixton (the ones with the back that fold down - I might have gotten the name wrong but it's this style) because they're too wide. Do the Jordaans run narrower or is the fit similar? Thanks :flowers:

Question on fit for you ladies - I have very narrow feet and can't wear the Brixton (the ones with the back that fold down - I might have gotten the name wrong but it's this style) because they're too wide. Do the Jordaans run narrower or is the fit similar? Thanks :flowers:

The Jordaans might be a tad wider, but they are not as pliable, so they feel narrower to me. The Brixton is a soft, glovelike leather, lots of give, so a bit more slippage in the heel. Try the Jordaan and see if it works for you.

Jordaans seem to hug the back of my heel better (I have to make sure I don't walk out of shoes). The front seems the same (they are made on the same last so that sounds right)