Artsy questions

Passerine123

Sep 21, 2014
I may be purchasing only one new premium designer bag this year (had a big splurge trip to Singapore :heart: and have some dental work ahead :amazed: ). I've been thinking about getting the Artsy MM empreinte in Raisin. A few questions -- I love the bag but the handle seems really stiff. Does it become more pliable? And how does Artsy hold up? And has anyone seen the Raisin color outside in natural light? It looks great in the store, but I'm worry that outside in natural light it might come off as too purple, too fuschia-ish or just not right. Any thoughts? Thanks!artsy raisin.PNG

I have purchased this bag, but exchanged it because the handle was SOOOO SO SO SO stiff. Half an hour wearing it inside the house and even my neck was hurting.
I'll upload some pictures for you. The last one portrays my shoulder after 30 minutes wearing it in the house with my things inside. I purposely tested it because even at the store I found it very stiff, but I had hopes it wouldn't be that bad.
The color is absolutely gorgeous, though, and goes very well with this style.

Attachments

• IMG_5045.JPG
    IMG_5045.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,366
  • IMG_5046.JPG
    IMG_5046.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,705
  • IMG_5052.JPG
    IMG_5052.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,357
I have purchased this bag, but exchanged it because the handle was SOOOO SO SO SO stiff. Half an hour wearing it inside the house and even my neck was hurting..."

Wow, thank you so much for your reply! The handle felt really stiff to me in the store, but I thought it would become more relaxed with time. I'm not buying a bag that's uncomfortable to wear. I guess Artsy just isn't the bag for me

I have the artsy in noir. For me, the strap was comfortable from the start. I did notice that it relaxed a bit more after a few uses. Have you looked into the Bagatelle? Same braided handle but a lot more comfortable and light from the start.

I may be purchasing only one new premium designer bag this year (had a big splurge trip to Singapore :heart: and have some dental work ahead :amazed: ). I've been thinking about getting the Artsy MM empreinte in Raisin. A few questions -- I love the bag but the handle seems really stiff. Does it become more pliable? And how does Artsy hold up? And has anyone seen the Raisin color outside in natural light? It looks great in the store, but I'm worry that outside in natural light it might come off as too purple, too fuschia-ish or just not right. Any thoughts? Thanks!View attachment 3645832

Reactions: Sonmi999
Wow, thank you so much for your reply! The handle felt really stiff to me in the store, but I thought it would become more relaxed with time. I'm not buying a bag that's uncomfortable to wear. I guess Artsy just isn't the bag for me
Have you thought about buying a preloved one? The handle would already be broken in. I still think about getting a preloved mono Artsy for this reason. The empreinte one is just too heavy for me.

I have both the monogram and the empreinte in noir. The empreinte's handle is definitely more pliable and softer than the vachette leather on the monogram canvas.

I love the artsy (clearly, I have two) but it just isn't that comfortable a bag to wear on the shoulder. It is more of a crook of the harm bag but if you like your hands free, you will love the look and yet find it impractical. The empreinte is also quite heavy so even less comfortable on the shoulder and it will crease quickly depending on how you wear it.

I have just purchased the monogram / black leather strap and the clasps are big enough for the arty larger rigs. It gives the artsy an awesome look, you can even wear it crossbody! My SA did warn me against using the strap with heavier bags but honestly, I don't think that's an issue, I never pack my artsy that much!

If you love this bag, go for it, the leather is beautiful, it smells wonderful and feels so luxurious yet fairly understated.

I have both the monogram and the empreinte in noir. The empreinte's handle is definitely more pliable and softer than the vachette leather on the monogram canvas.

I love the artsy (clearly, I have two) but it just isn't that comfortable a bag to wear on the shoulder. It is more of a crook of the harm bag but if you like your hands free, you will love the look and yet find it impractical. The empreinte is also quite heavy so even less comfortable on the shoulder and it will crease quickly depending on how you wear it.

I have just purchased the monogram / black leather strap and the clasps are big enough for the arty larger rigs. It gives the artsy an awesome look, you can even wear it crossbody! My SA did warn me against using the strap with heavier bags but honestly, I don't think that's an issue, I never pack my artsy that much!

If you love this bag, go for it, the leather is beautiful, it smells wonderful and feels so luxurious yet fairly understated.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated :heart: Would you by any chance have a photo of how your Artsy looks with the strap (which strap)? :flowers:

Thanks for your input, much appreciated :heart: Would you by any chance have a photo of how your Artsy looks with the strap (which strap)? :flowers:

The bandoulière strap I got is the new bandoulière monogram with black lining. The monogram goes with any of the LV leather colour.

For the artsy, the bandoulière hardware should be gold to match the bag's hardware. To go with the cerise I would pick the strap with the hot pink lining.

Here are a few shots of the monogram Artsy and the noir empreinte Artsy with the monogram Bandoulière in black. Hope it helps. For reference, I am 170cm tall.
noir artsy strap 5.jpg noir artsy strap 1.jpg noir artsy strap 4.jpg mono artsy strap 1.jpg strap clip.jpg

Last edited:
I was lusting after the Empreinte Artsy for a long time. I tried in on and it looked huge on me. I'm pretty petite and love large bags. It is a gorgeous bag but I wouldn't want it to cause shoulder pain all day. That kind of beauty isn't worth the pain imo.

I have the artsy in noir. For me, the strap was comfortable from the start. I did notice that it relaxed a bit more after a few uses. Have you looked into the Bagatelle? Same braided handle but a lot more comfortable and light from the start.

I second this. I have the Bagatelle and it's really comfortable and not terribly heavy, atleast compared to the Artsy I've heard. I have Artsy in DA and it's not a comfortable bag for shoulder carry at all.

Thanks, both. I've decided that despite the bag's attractiveness, it's not for me. I will probably go for a Montaigne instead. The GM is big enough to hold a laptop and the MM comes in a great selection of colors (but no longer in Galet, one of my favorite lighter neutral colors).

Do you have a picture ? I just ordered a strap for my Artsy Monogram and think it will really help.