Gonna have to cheat on Marc again...I need a timeless, classy, elegant work tote!

foxiyellow

May 19, 2007
Help me ladies..I dont know what to do. My thread about mbmj and work had def convinced me MBMJ is not cool for work.
Im looking for a tote that can fit easily over the shoulder and over a winter coat. Im not too keen on Coach but I have been looking and have found nothing!

What do you think about a Coach Legacy (non-C's, or any of that crap) in black?

do you like bags from MJ main line? i am not sure whether black blake can fit under thick winter coat, but it sure is one classy tote for upscale office environment. the following single handle hobo bags from MJ main line are also great.

Black Calf Leather Hobo
G2SM6aa0bd42-febf-40b9-9eb8-d9de4c3.jpg

Black Polina
polina1ig8.jpg

Black Capra Leather Satchel
b0d0_3.jpg

Black Blake
079d_1.jpg

(all photos taken from ebay)

Banana Republic and J Crew have some pretty nice Italian leather totes and satchels in the $200-$400 range, if you're willing to go non-designer. They're ultra conservative so they would be appropriate for any work environment. Unfortunately I think this season J Crew doesn't have any black or brown leather bags (probably because it's the summer). I've never gotten one so I don't know how they would hold up, though.

have you seen the fall 07 mbmj bags? some of the styles are a lot more classic than what he's had in previous years, and i think they're work appropriate. i work in a conservative nyc financial firm, and i know that i could wear these bags to work without upseting hr:

NMV02M1_mn.jpg

NMV02M1_an.jpg

NMV02M0_mn.jpg

my favorite is the last one. it's very big too, but rather pricey at $698.