Decisions...

Preference?

• Lilac Byrdie

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Pink Mikayla

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
I love a crossbody but I don't like that one. I'm going with the satchel, it's cuter. Does it come with a long strap? Whether it's practical totally depends on your lifestyle. I chase my kids around so cross body strap is a must for me.

I would say the Pink Mikayla for these 4 reasons:
  1. You're more likely to pair Pink with other colors than Purple.
  2. The bag is more versatile. You can use it as a hand carry bag and as a crossbody shoulder bag.
  3. It looks like it's bigger so you can carry more.
  4. You can wear it when you want to dress up and when you want to dress down.
But I also agree that it depends on what works for your lifestyle and what makes you happier to have in your bag collection.

Also, thanks for this thread because now I'm thinking about buying this bag. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: houseof999
I love a crossbody but I don't like that one. I'm going with the satchel, it's cuter. Does it come with a long strap? Whether it's practical totally depends on your lifestyle. I chase my kids around so cross body strap is a must for me.
Yes I should have shown the picture that the pink one DOES come with a strap as well!

I would say the Pink Mikayla for these 4 reasons:
  1. You're more likely to pair Pink with other colors than Purple.
  2. The bag is more versatile. You can use it as a hand carry bag and as a crossbody shoulder bag.
  3. It looks like it's bigger so you can carry more.
  4. You can wear it when you want to dress up and when you want to dress down.
But I also agree that it depends on what works for your lifestyle and what makes you happier to have in your bag collection.

Also, thanks for this thread because now I'm thinking about buying this bag. lol
Ha - yes. I had no idea this bag existed for some reason until today (and I'm a diehard KP fan!). And yes, it DOES come with a strap as well (the pink Mikayla).

Attachments

• IMG_6806.PNG
    IMG_6806.PNG
    288.1 KB · Views: 454
You know what's weird, on katespade.com, you can't see any feet on the bag but in the pic you posted and at nordstrom.com, you can.

Which leads me to say, since the makayla bag seems to have feet, you can feel more comfortable setting it down somewhere and know that the bottom will be a little more protected.

I would say the Makayla also but lavender is my favorite color. So I always try to get lavender bags. Especially since it isn't an easy color to find. I hope this helps.

I would personally prefer the Makayla because I love a pink bag and I feel it has a more sleek and classic shape than the Byrdie. I feel the Makayla would be a better investment because you may be more likely to reach for it for years to come. That of course also depends on your personal taste and lifestyle.

You know what's weird, on katespade.com, you can't see any feet on the bag but in the pic you posted and at nordstrom.com, you can.

Which leads me to say, since the makayla bag seems to have feet, you can feel more comfortable setting it down somewhere and know that the bottom will be a little more protected.
I emailed customer service to confirm which is correct. I hope it does have feet. I didn't even notice that discrepancy!

Me again. Customer service wasn't very helpful....
"
Dear Joelle,
Thank you for contacting kate spade new york.
We appreciate your interest in the Leewood Place Makayla in the color pink granite, and we understand you wanted to know if this item had feet. At this time, the Leewood Place Makayla does not have feet. Neither does the Leewood Place Mini Makayla. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we hope this information is helpful to you.
If you have additional questions or need assistance with anything else, please give us a call at 866-999-5283 in U.S. and Canada or 610-491-2028 international. For your convenience, we are available 24 hours, 7 days a week. "

I wrote them back and asked why Nordstroms says it has feet AND it shows a photo with feet but now that I'm back on Nordstroms, it doesn't show feet. Damn feet. We need feet! Who wants to put down a pink bag without feet? I love feet...:sad: Guys, I think we were duped with the photo of feet. Upon further research to 'upscale' sites such as 'House of Fraser', etc., there are no feet on the Makayla so any of you that thought it was good with feet, we are now officially footless. Don't know if it affects anyone's decision but I'm a little bummed. I don't want to buy it in black - I have a black Hayden and a black Jensen and wasn't really opting for another black KS bag. Poo.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 6.36.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 6.36.34 PM.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Me again. Customer service wasn't very helpful....
"
Dear Joelle,
Thank you for contacting kate spade new york.
We appreciate your interest in the Leewood Place Makayla in the color pink granite, and we understand you wanted to know if this item had feet. At this time, the Leewood Place Makayla does not have feet. Neither does the Leewood Place Mini Makayla. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we hope this information is helpful to you.
If you have additional questions or need assistance with anything else, please give us a call at 866-999-5283 in U.S. and Canada or 610-491-2028 international. For your convenience, we are available 24 hours, 7 days a week. "

I wrote them back and asked why Nordstroms says it has feet AND it shows a photo with feet but now that I'm back on Nordstroms, it doesn't show feet. Damn feet. We need feet! Who wants to put down a pink bag without feet? I love feet...:sad: Guys, I think we were duped with the photo of feet. Upon further research to 'upscale' sites such as 'House of Fraser', etc., there are no feet on the Makayla so any of you that thought it was good with feet, we are now officially footless. Don't know if it affects anyone's decision but I'm a little bummed. I don't want to buy it in black - I have a black Hayden and a black Jensen and wasn't really opting for another black KS bag. Poo.
Lol, that cracks me up but I'm glad I asked. It could still be ok (at least for me since i try to never put my bags on the floor). I guess you could get a purse hanger if your concerned about the bottom of the bag.

Reactions: jchiara
Lol, that cracks me up but I'm glad I asked. It could still be ok (at least for me since i try to never put my bags on the floor). I guess you could get a purse hanger if your concerned about the bottom of the bag.
Well I'm as tenacious as a crab - I went BACK onto the Nordstrom site and their black version has feet! I sent them photos of bloggers that are wearing the pink one with feet and sent them the Nordstroms black one with feet and basically said 'WTF'...(in a nice way). I'll get to the bottom of this yet. Pardon the pun. :smile: