Official Hermes Belt Thread

Hermès size Waist circumference cm to in ... just measure your waist or where you want the belt to hit you... this info is on their website under the belt kits size guide link...
70cm - 27.5"
75cm - 29.5"
80cm - 31.5"
85cm - 33.5"
90cm - 35.4"
95cm - 37.4"
100cm - 39.4"
105cm - 41.3"
110cm - 43.3"
115cm - 45.3"
120cm - 47.2"

Hello,
I want to buy a belt for my hubby, he wears size 32 pants, i will need some help to know which size belt and thickness to buy, TIA!

I wear size 32 pants and wear Hermes belt size 95. As for thickness, I prefer the 32 mm straps (they look good with both suits and jeans). To me the 42 mm straps look more casual and they do not fit through the belt loops on some of my dress pants anyway.

Reactions: papertiger
I wear size 32 pants and wear Hermes belt size 95. As for thickness, I prefer the 32 mm straps (they look good with both suits and jeans). To me the 42 mm straps look more casual and they do not fit through the belt loops on some of my dress pants anyway.

My ideal size is now 33; my 90 straps are still ok, but my 95s are now ideal on the innermost hole.
If you get black/gold I would suggest the gold buckle is the best; silver goes well with black, but less well with gold.
The 32 is versatile for both formal/casual wear.
I would like a 42 strap for jeans etc, but I thought the buckle was too clumsy.

My ideal size is now 33; my 90 straps are still ok, but my 95s are now ideal on the innermost hole.
If you get black/gold I would suggest the gold buckle is the best; silver goes well with black, but less well with gold.
The 32 is versatile for both formal/casual wear.
I would like a 42 strap for jeans etc, but I thought the buckle was too clumsy.

Thanks for the input!
So i guess 32 mm is more universal fit for formal and casual wear.

He is 32 but more towards 31 so 90 cm should be fine or im safer with 95?

Im thinking to get the black/gold but silver guillochée buckle, he is not very fond of gold buckle, but you guys telling me silver not very nice combo? Im choosing this because it is Hermes signature color, maybe im better off blue/black and silver?

Also, which belt leather most durable? Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Louis74
Thanks for the input!

Im thinking to get the black/gold but silver guillochée buckle, he is not very fond of gold buckle, but you guys telling me silver not very nice combo? Im choosing this because it is Hermes signature color, maybe im better off blue/black and silver?

For a durable leather, I would go for togo.

Black/gold with a silver buckle is a very nice combo (I have a beautiful black/gold Cape Cod belt with silver buckle, which I love). I personally prefer silver buckles as I only wear silver-tone watches or jewelry (silver works better with my skin tones).

Reactions: papertiger
Hi all! I am sure I can find my answer in one of the 226 pages here, but I don't have time to look through it all.
If I go into the Hermes store, can they put together a belt for me? I am getting confused with the words "belt kit".
Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the input!

He is 32 but more towards 31 so 90 cm should be fine or im safer with 95?

I know my hubby gets the most use out of his black/chocolate strap, and he went with a silver buckle which he prefers.

Hi all! I am sure I can find my answer in one of the 226 pages here, but I don't have time to look through it all.
If I go into the Hermes store, can they put together a belt for me? I am getting confused with the words "belt kit".
Thanks in advance!
It is much easier to do in the store, especially the first time. You can try them on, see them in person and compare colors. Sometimes it is nice to see the buckles on the straps you are considering.

Reactions: cafecreme15