Yoogi's - incorrect date code

mrsinsyder

O.G.
Mar 8, 2013
Hi all,

I bought a Celine Phantom on Yoogi's. I love the bag, but after taking some photos of it today for insurance purposes, I've noticed that the date was misrepresented by Yoogi's (it's a 2012, not 2014). It's not the end of the world, but it does make the bag twice as old as I expected it to be, and I just feel a bit... deceived isn't quite the right word, but I'm sure you all understand. I don't have the best eyes, and the date code on their site is still hard for me to read.

Here's my item, in case you wanted to look
https://www.yoogiscloset.com/celine...-leather-medium-phantom-luggage-tote-bag.html

I guess they will offer to return it, but I don't really want to :sad: (I know at least someone will say either return it or suck it up, yeah, I get it.)

Now that I've written this post out I don't even know what I'm asking you all for, I think I'm just venting to people who care, LOL. Thanks for being supportive purse friends :flowers:

I empathize when someone receives something that's less than described.

But not being a Celine expert, my questions are objective (and possibly ignorant) but I did look at the listing.

I read the description and I don't see that it's described as 2014 (or 2012 for that matter). So I'm assuming that the date code is shown in the last picture. But that picture (to me) is dark and hard to read.

I guess my "issue" with your complaint (though not criticizing your disappointment) is that I don't see the bag being misrepresented. Perhaps you could argue that it wasn't represented either.

How much loss in value does the bag have being 2 years older than you'd expected?

I empathize when someone receives something that's less than described.

But not being a Celine expert, my questions are objective (and possibly ignorant) but I did look at the listing.

I read the description and I don't see that it's described as 2014 (or 2012 for that matter). So I'm assuming that the date code is shown in the last picture. But that picture (to me) is dark and hard to read.

I guess my "issue" with your complaint (though not criticizing your disappointment) is that I don't see the bag being misrepresented. Perhaps you could argue that it wasn't represented either.

How much loss in value does the bag have being 2 years older than you'd expected?

Hey! It's probably not easy to see on the page because you have to tab through, but it's on another part of the description.

Value isn't a big deal; I doubt it'll resell it anytime soon. Just disappointed is all :doh:

IMG_7705.jpg

Ah, thanks. I've never used Yoogi's so I didn't see that.

In that case, it's definitely misrepresented.

What do you have to lose to contact them and express your concerns with their error?

Ah, thanks. I've never used Yoogi's so I didn't see that.

In that case, it's definitely misrepresented.

What do you have to lose to contact them and express your concerns with their error?

I did, they just responded.

They gave me the option to return, which I don't think I want to do. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did, they just responded.

They gave me the option to return, which I don't think I want to do. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
While I'm generally not an advocate of partials, I wonder whether it would be warranted in this case. Clearly the bag is older than advertised.

I wonder if you were to return and they relisted if they'd list with the correct dates. So often, I see listings that were returned as SNAD and when relisted, they had the same description as was there pre-dispute.

While I'm generally not an advocate of partials, I wonder whether it would be warranted in this case. Clearly the bag is older than advertised.

I wonder if you were to return and they relisted if they'd list with the correct dates. So often, I see listings that were returned as SNAD and when relisted, they had the same description as was there pre-dispute.
They actually went back and changed the description on the link! I'm glad you asked the question earlier and I took the screenshot :biggrin:

And I do agree - I think a partial would have been a nice gesture. I emailed them back and mentioned that there are no comparable Celines on their site right now, and would they be able to offer any other solution?

While it could have been an oversight, and probably was, it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. What's to say they won't just do this and hope the client doesn't feel like bothering to return it?

Sneaky, sneaky!

Did they at least admit their error?

They did. Their reply:
Hi mrsinsyder,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your patience as our merchandising team reviewed your concern.

We can confirm that the Celine Navy Blue Pebbled Calfskin Leather Medium Phantom Luggage Tote Bag was manufactured in 2012. We truly apologize for our typographical error and any disappointment it has caused. Should you wish to return the item we will happily provide you with a UPS prepaid and insured shipping label for the return shipment of the item.

Again, we apologize for our oversight. If you have any additional quesitons please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you,

Client Services, Yoogi's Closet

I did call and spoke with someone who seemed sympathetic but couldn't help me. She said the client services manager would get back with me tomorrow.

I've sold a lot to Yoogis over the years. They've misrepresented a few of my items in the listings. They over stated the retail value of a diamond Tiffany pendant and a Chanel WOC, got the age incorrect on a Chanel flap, and darkened the color of the leather on that same Chanel in the photos. None of these are mistakes. You tell them how much you paid and what year you bought your item when you ask for a quote. They don't care. I called to tell them the diamond listing was off. Didn't bother them at all. I'm sorry they were dishonest with you.

Reactions: mrsinsyder
I've sold a lot to Yoogis over the years. They've misrepresented a few of my items in the listings. They over stated the retail value of a diamond Tiffany pendant and a Chanel WOC, got the age incorrect on a Chanel flap, and darkened the color of the leather on that same Chanel in the photos. None of these are mistakes. You tell them how much you paid and what year you bought your item when you ask for a quote. They don't care. I called to tell them the diamond listing was off. Didn't bother them at all. I'm sorry they were dishonest with you.
That's very interesting - and NOT in a good way.

Yoogi's may have nice items but there are honest resellers who list items accurately. I prefer doing business with those types of sellers.

Funny you say this, because when I was comparing the pics today, I noticed how much darker and even the interior was on the Yoogis picture.

I more than likely won't return my Phantom, but I don't think I'll be shopping with Yoogis anymore (or I'll be prepared to return the item right after receipt!)

I think you should press a little more and ask for a partial refund as compensation for their error, or at least a store credit. In many luxury brands, a couple of years does make a difference in the resale market pricing. So in theory, they asked for and obtained the market price for a 2014 bag rather than a 2012--this is not just a "my bad" situation. They cost you a little.

Yoogis does not offer free returns. Unlike Fashionphile, you have to pay postage to return an item. Since they are offering to cover your return postage, that may be (to them) a bit of a concession based on their mistake. It's not the same as a partial but it is money out of their pockets.

To the poster above who feels they have willfully misrepresented items, I haven't actually seen that with Yoogis. Normally their descriptions are dead on and they don't try to hide flaws in their pictures. I usually feel very secure that they address any condition issues. And you are incorrect - when you fill out their form for consignment it doesn't ask for original retail price or how much you paid for the item. It only asks for date code, age in years, condition, pictures and accessories. The retail price can also be based on the market. Prices in Japan and Hawaii run higher than Europe and the US.