Is this normal wear and tear for PM reverse?

Missydora

O.G.
Jan 3, 2014
Wondering if any one has the same thing happen on their PM as me. And if so, is this normal or do you think it will get worse over time? If you ladies have the PM you will know where I mean. There's a stitch on the left and right hand side of the inside flap. This particular stitch helps join the flap to the lower part of the bag and also it seems to be bent back a lot when opening the flap, I'm wondering if it's this that's causing almost like stress cracks on the stitch hole. Should I be concerned about it. I don't hold the bag by the flap either, which I think would cause extra stress on those stitches or do i over fill my bag so it's heavy, as I do hold the bag by the handles at times. At the moment I know I can live with it as it is. But should it get worse I don't think so, if crack travels to the side towards the glazing. Should I leave it. Hope for best. Attach some photos to illustrates. Doesn't look as bad from a distance. But zooming in it kinda looks like it could be a problem in the future. Thanks for any helps and thoughts about it :smile:Screenshot_2017-03-19-19-23-35.jpg Screenshot_2017-03-19-19-22-13.jpg

I would bring it in to show to my SA. LV is usually very good at exchanging bags quickly, even if the problem is currently microscopic. Better safe than sorry.

I would bring it in to show to my SA. LV is usually very good at exchanging bags quickly, even if the problem is currently microscopic. Better safe than sorry.

First picture crack scares me a bit. It will get worse. Correct LV is very good at taking care of that sort of thing quickly. Taker it in.
Thanks both for your input really appreciate your thoughts and how's to go about it. I don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill if this is normal. But I kind of deep down know but in denial that it might be a bigger problem in the long run. I don't want to stop using the bag in fear it will get worse or start getting paranoid about it. That will spoil the enjoyment. I will phone customer support in the morning see what they say and take bag in to the store too. Long drive to the store tommorow. :sad:

I would personally take it in and have LV take a look. The canvas itself is cracking along the flap's flex points and it would be reasonable to assume that the problem will only get worse.

Definitely bring it in to talk to your SA. I honestly think that looks like it will worsen over time.

I would personally take it in and have LV take a look. The canvas itself is cracking along the flap's flex points and it would be reasonable to assume that the problem will only get worse.
Thanks for your honesty. I've just dug out receipts to take to store later on. It sad to think I've only had the bag 60 days in which I've only used it no more than 30 of that, as i rotate my bags. Wasn't expecting something like this to happen so quick. I'm thinking this is not repairable as it's the canvas. I love this bag. I hope they are able to exchange for exact same one. It's out of stock at the moment. I don't mind waiting. Just hope I get a good customer service. A bit worried, looked at the reviews for this store I'm going to and it's kind of more on the bad side of recently.

Thanks for your honesty. I've just dug out receipts to take to store later on. It sad to think I've only had the bag 60 days in which I've only used it no more than 30 of that, as i rotate my bags. Wasn't expecting something like this to happen so quick. I'm thinking this is not repairable as it's the canvas. I love this bag. I hope they are able to exchange for exact same one. It's out of stock at the moment. I don't mind waiting. Just hope I get a good customer service. A bit worried, looked at the reviews for this store I'm going to and it's kind of more on the bad side of recently.
Sorry about this, it doesn't look good. Can you go to another store?

Sorry about this, it doesn't look good. Can you go to another store?
I'm afraid it's our nearest store. The next one is 3 hrs away in London. I suppose it's pot luck on the day getting a nice sympathetic SA. I can only be polite and explain the problems. It will actually be my 1st time ever, go to a store and deal with a problem on a luxury handbag. Got a fair few in my collection over 23 years. Don't actually know what to expect?? This will be an experience .

I'm afraid it's our nearest store. The next one is 3 hrs away in London. I suppose it's pot luck on the day getting a nice sympathetic SA. I can only be polite and explain the problems. It will actually be my 1st time ever, go to a store and deal with a problem on a luxury handbag. Got a fair few in my collection over 23 years. Don't actually know what to expect?? This will be an experience .
I wish you get an awesome SA :smile: Please keep us updated!

Reactions: LL777 and Missydora
I have had four bags of the PM Reverse and all of them have the same stitching like yours. Mine were made in Paris, maybe that's the reason...?
I have noticed, that the bags which are made in USA are better in the quality. Here in Europe have all the MP Reverse issues with the corners (they are not even). I´m now waiting since December 2016 of a PM Reverse in a better condition... still waiting, cause all the bags have the same problem with the corners :sad:
I wish you all the best :smile:

The first pic is quite scary i think!
Cant remember mine being like this, but will check when i get home. Have had it under "microscope" several times due to everyones problems, think i would have caught this! Good luck:smile:

I have had four bags of the PM Reverse and all of them have the same stitching like yours. Mine were made in Paris, maybe that's the reason...?
I have noticed, that the bags which are made in USA are better in the quality. Here in Europe have all the MP Reverse issues with the corners (they are not even). I´m now waiting since December 2016 of a PM Reverse in a better condition... still waiting, cause all the bags have the same problem with the corners :sad:
I wish you all the best :smile:

The first pic is quite scary i think!
Cant remember mine being like this, but will check when i get home. Have had it under "microscope" several times due to everyones problems, think i would have caught this! Good luck:smile:

Hopefully u will get a nice and sympathetic SA. Kindly update us ya. Best of lucks!
Thank you ladies for your support. I really need it.. :sad:I was doing last minute pack the bag to original state. And I notice the glazing on left hand side edge corner part of the glazing is coming off exposing small bit of the canvas. It was there before but not this size at the time I just thought it was glue not exposed canvas. I think this will only get worse because of the clasp from the strap is hitting it, when wearing cross body this don't happen on the right hand side because the side pockets pertrudes outwards, so the clasp don't hit the side parts..
Im feeling really deflated to be honest, just would like them to either fix it or replacement. Here's some photo's. Hope you see what I see and I'm not seeing things. Taking the bag to the store in a few hours time. I need a lot of luck I feel. Will update later on what they say. 2017-03-20 13.27.04.jpg 2017-03-20 13.28.01.jpg 2017-03-20 13.28.18.jpg

Thank you ladies for your support. I really need it.. :sad:I was doing last minute pack the bag to original state. And I notice the glazing on left hand side edge corner part of the glazing is coming off exposing small bit of the canvas. It was there before but not this size at the time I just thought it was glue not exposed canvas. I think this will only get worse because of the clasp from the strap is hitting it, when wearing cross body this don't happen on the right hand side because the side pockets pertrudes outwards, so the clasp don't hit the side parts..
Im feeling really deflated to be honest, just would like them to either fix it or replacement. Here's some photo's. Hope you see what I see and I'm not seeing things. Taking the bag to the store in a few hours time. I need a lot of luck I feel. Will update later on what they say. View attachment 3639939 View attachment 3639940 View attachment 3639941
Wow :sad: It looks like it will get worse with time. I hope they can solve your problem! Sending good vibes :smile: