Advice for my 1st repair/issue - Odean PM

3Wonders

Feb 23, 2017
I pulled my Odean out tonight after reading about it being discontinued. I purchased online Nov 2015 and have used it maybe four times. I was shocked to see this cracking on the end/varnish. The bag has been stored in its bag and treated with over-cautious love. I called 1-866 and got a less than friendly SA who was clearly reading verbatim from her script. She couldn't give me any options, saying I need to get it to a store to be assessed. I am 3+ hours from a store so I will likely need to mail it in with a note. She said if they do deem it eligible for repair it would be 6-8 weeks but couldn't give me any options available. What are your thoughts? Do you think this is normal (only on one side and the rest of the bag is pristine). Will I have to pay for a repair? And just last week my NF DE RB came with a crack in the strap - still waiting for that assessment. Sorry for the rant it's just frustrating that the quality and customer service for LV seems to be on the decline but prices continue to upswing. What should I expect for a repair? How does this process work? Thanks for your insights/advice! IMG_0388.JPG

I pulled my Odean out tonight after reading about it being discontinued. I purchased online Nov 2015 and have used it maybe four times. I was shocked to see this cracking on the end/varnish. The bag has been stored in its bag and treated with over-cautious love. I called 1-866 and got a less than friendly SA who was clearly reading verbatim from her script. She couldn't give me any options, saying I need to get it to a store to be assessed. I am 3+ hours from a store so I will likely need to mail it in with a note. She said if they do deem it eligible for repair it would be 6-8 weeks but couldn't give me any options available. What are your thoughts? Do you think this is normal (only on one side and the rest of the bag is pristine). Will I have to pay for a repair? And just last week my NF DE RB came with a crack in the strap - still waiting for that assessment. Sorry for the rant it's just frustrating that the quality and customer service for LV seems to be on the decline but prices continue to upswing. What should I expect for a repair? How does this process work? Thanks for your insights/advice! View attachment 3635890

Unfortunately repairs are all unique so there isn't really much they can tell you on the phone without seeing the item in person. I've taken 10 items (all vintage or preloved) in for repair at lv over the last 3 years or so, I had a wonderful sa (who has since left) who would do some repairs for free or a reduced charge. I live in London so big repairs were sent to Paris, small repairs done in store, but they would sometimes say it would take 8 weeks but be back in 5 weeks. As I say, all repairs are unique so although they have a procedure, they need to see the item in real life to be able to fully advise you.

Hope this is helpful, I know it's difficult if you're not able to pop into a store conveniently.

Reactions: fabuleux
I have no idea how the custome service of LV works. I think it would be easily to send pics at mail to the service and they can look at the issue. Why must the customer get into a store? And when they see what the problem is, they can decide how to get next way. If the customer send it in LV or not and if LV exchange it or not, or if they repair it and maybe for what price. I don´t understand how LV customer service makes it so complication, not all customers live near a store. I hope you found a solution. Good luck.

I have no idea how the custome service of LV works. I think it would be easily to send pics at mail to the service and they can look at the issue. Why must the customer get into a store? And when they see what the problem is, they can decide how to get next way. If the customer send it in LV or not and if LV exchange it or not, or if they repair it and maybe for what price. I don´t understand how LV customer service makes it so complication, not all customers live near a store. I hope you found a solution. Good luck.
The reason Louis Vuitton wants to see the product before committing to a repair and issuing a quote is because people would not be straightforward about the repairs in electronic communications. It's not difficult to understand!

Reactions: Bags_4_life
The reason Louis Vuitton wants to see the product before committing to a repair and issuing a quote is because people would not be straightforward about the repairs in electronic communications. It's not difficult to understand!
If I found it difficult to understand or not is my opinion.Of course that LV want to see the issues, but I think it is no problem to see it on pic with email. I have a good experience with a different label, since emails submitted photos. There must also be a solution for customers who do not live around the corner.

If I found it difficult to understand or not is my opinion.Of course that LV want to see the issues, but I think it is no problem to see it on pic with email. I have a good experience with a different label, since emails submitted photos. There must also be a solution for customers who do not live around the corner.
You can always mail in your item if you don't have a store nearby. And if you have a relationship with an SA, they sometimes let you text / email them photos and may give you an approximate quote.

And yes... it's your opinion... but that doesn't mean I have to consider your opinion equal to mine if I find it uninformed.

You can always mail in your item if you don't have a store nearby. And if you have a relationship with an SA, they sometimes let you text / email them photos and may give you an approximate quote.

And yes... it's your opinion... but that doesn't mean I have to consider your opinion equal to mine if I find it uninformed.
Yes, that is right. So you can see, now your information can help the thread starter. My post was only a opinion and my idea to help the TS. I don´t work at LV (like you?).

Pictures sometimes can't convey the exact things we need them to say.

All repairs vary. It's frustrating they can't tell you more over the phone, but customer service doesn't do any decision regarding repairs so telling you general info is all they can do.

Have you contacted the nearest boutique to see if they can start the process with you?

I think if lv allowed emails to be sent, it would open a can of worms. Copying photos from an eBay item you're thinking of buying to find out how much it would cost to repair?? If you don't want to go ahead and even buy the item lv would have used time and resources for a job that doesn't happen. I know not all repair quotes are taken forward but imagine how many more quotes requests they could get if they accepted them by email?
Just my thought. It's really worth getting lv to repair the item for you if you're happy with their price (which for some items like reliving a cosmetic pouch is near the cost of a new item!!!). However I've been delighted with the results, they make the items look new again, even something that was 20 years old!

*Update* Thanks All! I did make the 3+ hour venture to my LV store. I was so nervous with anticipation and excitement (partly thinking I would be disappointed again). The SA was wonderful! I'm not sure why I was worried about pleading my bag issue or being charged. The SA looked it over for a hot second and said she would send it off for revarinishing and it will be done in 6-8 weeks for pick-up. When I asked if it could be shipped back to me (since I am not close) she said, of course. I asked what the shipping would cost me and she said, nothing. (o: I think I just got a crabby SA when I called the 866 number - next time I will hang up and try again as this has been the exception so far. For those of you that are in close proximity to a boutique(s), you are lucky!! It was a tad overwhelming and in hind sight, I should have stayed longer and looked more closely at all of the lovelies. Next time (o:

Reactions: Kathleen37