Hermes Question: got sold a used belt??

cherrytongue

cherrytung.co
Feb 21, 2016
I'm not see if this happened to any of you, but I just purchased a belt from Paris yesterday that I did not check closely before paying (as I really trusted my SA) and later found out about the deep scratches on the belt! I only tried it once, so it is impossible that I did the scratches on my own. It's impossible for me to go back to Paris now, but would it be possible for me to speak to an SA in London about this issue? Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you!IMG_1489819827.465692.jpgIMG_1489819838.400870.jpgIMG_1489819849.545269.jpg

The pictures are not showing the scratches very well, as they look much worse in person. The scratches are so deep that I can feel the indent with my fingertips. These are not surface scratches... what should I do?

Is it barenia?
This leather will develop patina and while it does show scratches, vintage barenia is gorgeous.
This may have happened when someone tried the belt on...I understand it sucks to get something with sogns of use when you paid for new...but as in your situation theres no way around it, give it some time and they will probably fade into the general patina.

I have purchased two H belts that already had signs of wear:

1) a Gentle belt in gorgeous indigo box bought at my local H store, which already had a few scratches that could not be buffed out by the H spa. I decided to keep the belt because it was pretty rare and I knew that I would put a few scratches in it myself eventually.

2) a Kouture Barenia strap purchased from H.com, which came wrapped in completely wrinkled tissue paper. The Barenia was not pristine either (fine scratches and uneven color). But I kept it because it was the last one if these straps available in my size and the patina will even out eventually.

But it sucks to get such expensive items in less than pristine condition.

leuleu, just too many negative H narratives from friends, tPFers and even myself personally!
Still love some of their items ~ how can anyone seriously not adore H bags, belts and CDCs?
Totally OT for this H belt thread BUT will say that am no longer running to H throwing wads of cash on their counter. :amazed:
Hope Hermes won't become like Vuitton.

Reactions: VigeeLeBrun
I have purchased two H belts that already had signs of wear:

1) a Gentle belt in gorgeous indigo box bought at my local H store, which already had a few scratches that could not be buffed out by the H spa. I decided to keep the belt because it was pretty rare and I knew that I would put a few scratches in it myself eventually.

2) a Kouture Barenia strap purchased from H.com, which came wrapped in completely wrinkled tissue paper. The Barenia was not pristine either (fine scratches and uneven color). But I kept it because it was the last one if these straps available in my size and the patina will even out eventually.

But it sucks to get such expensive items in less than pristine condition.

Yes, exactly my thoughts. I'm expecting a new belt paying the new item price, not something that has obvious signs of wear. I'm thinking this might either be a returned item, or a sample belt that has been tried on many times. Either way, it does leave a bitter taste in my mouth as I was expecting a new item. [emoji27]