Gabrielle-What are your thoughts??

Meowwu

Apr 11, 2016
I checked out my local Chanel store tonight to see what they received from the new collection. Not surprising, not much stuff is left (although I was told that there is stil a mini available). While there, everyone in the store were looking and asking for iridescent leather. I noticed that the new Gabrielle purses, which Chanel spent lots of money advertising for, were sitting on display cases forgotten or otherwise.

To be honest, I am very surprised. I saw on Instagram that Gabrielle purses are very popular in Europe. Why aren't they as popular in N. America? Or was it just the west coast customers?

What are you thoughts on Gabrielle?

I know Chanel is trying to make the Gabrielle bag the new bag.....I've heard they want to make it as big as the Boy bag. However, they rolled out this new silhouette in the midst of the so black and iridescent leather, which was a mistake in my humble opinion. The current looks for this bag are pretty plain and not really eye catching or that functional. And to top it off, the Gabrielle seems to have a creasing problem and the double straps are a bit awkward. It may take a few season to catch on.

i haven't seen it in person but i've seen it on many celebrities, both US and European. i like it, personally, but the double handle doesn't look right for that bag. i think the price point is quite good, tbh. the bottom looks really stiff and study... what is the base??

Reactions: Meowwu
I know Chanel is trying to make the Gabrielle bag the new bag.....I've heard they want to make it as big as the Boy bag. However, they rolled out this new silhouette in the midst of the so black and iridescent leather, which was a mistake in my humble opinion. The current looks for this bag are pretty plain and not really eye catching or that functional. And to top it off, the Gabrielle seems to have a creasing problem and the double straps are a bit awkward. It may take a few season to catch on.

Agreed. Weird timing lol. They would have done better for the line had they toned down on the Black on black and iridescent options.

i haven't seen it in person but i've seen it on many celebrities, both US and European. i like it, personally, but the double handle doesn't look right for that bag. i think the price point is quite good, tbh. the bottom looks really stiff and study... what is the base??

The bottom is actually leather as well. It's quite stiff and hard but I don't know if they will hold up well or if they'll soften over use. The only one that I thought looked good is the backpack style which has awesome price. However, the backpack would start looking slouchy once you put anything heavy in it and it's really an open bag since there's no lid or seal.

It can be worn cross body though (lands just on/below my hip).
IMG_6573.PNG

i don't find the shape appealing and the bottom is goung to scratch so easily. not a fan..

Yikes. I didn't know that the bottom would be so prone to scratch. I'd think that the hard box leather was part of the design to prevent severe scratching. I guess not. Lol.

Yeah, it's really not that appealing in person, especially when the whole line was sitting noticed in the store. :shocked:

SA showed me various styles in the Gabrielle today and I must say, not a fan. The chain with 4 hardwares are odd, the crinkled leather quilting and smooth hard base is just too much going on.
The only style that I thought was pretty cute was the drawstring version with a cute cc pull, but not cute enough for me to contemplate buying.

SA showed me various styles in the Gabrielle today and I must say, not a fan. The chain with 4 hardwares are odd, the crinkled leather quilting and smooth hard base is just too much going on.
The only style that I thought was pretty cute was the drawstring version with a cute cc pull, but not cute enough for me to contemplate buying.
I saw on Instagram a lady whose drawstring backpack was creased (badly) due to the packing while she did a reveal post. Does this mean that the smooth leather portion creases easily?

The crease didn't come out a couple of pictures later either. :shocked:

Yikes. Are you still getting it then? I think out of all the purses in the line the drawstring/backpack is probably the best choice but the combination of thin chains and non closing top is still worth ponder over.
Sorry - I meant that is the kind of vibe I am getting from the Gabrielle, that it's is a mix of a knapsack and a bucket bag. I am not in the market for this bag, this just my opinion of it.