My THIRD Pochette Metis Infrarouge... ugh!

LVorDie

Marc Jacobs LV Denim Obsessed
Jun 6, 2014
You guys.... what.is.going.ON with LV quality? I've done 2 other reveals on the PM IR. Both had canvas glaze lifting/peeling and I had to return them. I was just over the whole situation , so I just gave up on the only bag that got me truly excited in a while.
Then...Last week, I decided to order it online at midnite praying to my fairy godmother that third time would be a charm.
Picked it up at the store and...... this.

The lock is not centered. [emoji17] sigh.
See the pics... I'm not crazy right?

Give up on this bag or give it a 4th try? How far do you go for a bag you love? [emoji162][emoji173]️IMG_1489808116.797906.jpgIMG_1489808127.818097.jpgIMG_1489808139.019592.jpgIMG_1489808148.831260.jpgIMG_1489808160.200511.jpgIMG_1489808177.405614.jpg

Just doesn't seem like you'll be happy regardless. Not every pattern will align to your liking. To truly tell if the lock is off-center, you have to measure from seam to seam. Have you done that?

It's a gorgeous bag, but very expensive. It's okay to have buyer's remorse; just don't pick some arbitrary reason out of the air to not keep it. And don't wear it out before returning it.

This doesn't really seem that 'off' to me- when the flap is down and the lock/latch is closed, do you notice an issue?

Hey Baglady777! You can tell a bit... LV usually lines things up pretty well, so it's off a bit. I am glad you seem to not see it! when I opened it, my husband noticed immediately. It took me a second, then I really saw it.

Thank you for taking the time to give your take on my post. I'm always grateful to have this (usually) judgement-free zone where we can talk about these things with each other.

Thanks again for your feedback! [emoji177][emoji120][emoji120]

Just doesn't seem like you'll be happy regardless. Not every pattern will align to your liking. To truly tell if the lock is off-center, you have to measure from seam to seam. Have you done that?

It's a gorgeous bag, but very expensive. It's okay to have buyer's remorse; just don't pick some arbitrary reason out of the air to not keep it. And don't wear it out before returning it.

Hi JazzyMac! Ha, I wish I had more "buyers remorse", lol, I'd have more in my back account than my bag collection .

Thanks for your feedback!

there is nothing wrong with this lock that i see. there are serious quality issues with bags, like glazing and peeling and then there is just plain being overly picky and fussy for nothing. return the bag if you dislike it again and move on from it.

Thanks for taking the time to give your take on this! Cheers!

Reactions: Bags_4_life
I am still looking for a Pochette Metis that has the flap canvas centered! I had one ordered in and it was not straight and now waiting again as no one has stock.

I feel you CharmyPoo. You have every right to expect the canvas, lock etc to be centered visually. I've heard of a few people who had your same issue who are getting replacements. I wish you the best of luck in getting the bag you love asap! [emoji162][emoji177]

I feel you CharmyPoo. You have every right to expect the canvas, lock etc to be centered visually. I've heard of a few people who had your same issue who are getting replacements. I wish you the best of luck in getting the bag you love asap! [emoji162][emoji177]

I really don't think we are being too picky on this one. The design just doesn't look right when the canvas isn't centered.