Neverfull GM

Sandy1017

Jul 7, 2016
heeelllllllllpppp! I am so on the fence. I have the NF MM, and I am debating on selling it for the GM. I am wanting a big enough bag to use as a purse with my essentials as well as add my work necessities. I am a future teacher so I am gonna carry around a planner plus folders etc. I just want some opinions... any ladies with this bag can you please post pics with it in use as well as your opinions??? TIA!!

heeelllllllllpppp! I am so on the fence. I have the NF MM, and I am debating on selling it for the GM. I am wanting a big enough bag to use as a purse with my essentials as well as add my work necessities. I am a future teacher so I am gonna carry around a planner plus folders etc. I just want some opinions... any ladies with this bag can you please post pics with it in use as well as your opinions??? TIA!!
Here's a thread full of pics, most are MM, but there are several GM ones too https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/neverfull-club.134810/
The GM is, without a doubt, huge and sometimes borderline on overkill. I personally wear it because it fits my body the best, but to be honest the MM would be more practical in terms of being a purse/work tote. Not only is there a chance that the GM's size will swamp you, but it's very easy to overfill it and that weight can really cause those thin straps to bite into the shoulder.

Here's a thread full of pics, most are MM, but there are several GM ones too https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/neverfull-club.134810/
The GM is, without a doubt, huge and sometimes borderline on overkill. I personally wear it because it fits my body the best, but to be honest the MM would be more practical in terms of being a purse/work tote. Not only is there a chance that the GM's size will swamp you, but it's very easy to overfill it and that weight can really cause those thin straps to bite into the shoulder.
Thank you so much! Let me check on this thread you sent me!

Hello! I JUST got the GM on Monday! I have two other Neverfulls, both MM size, and in my opinion, the MM is the perfect size work bag (for carrying files, a slim computer, and daily essentials). Everything fits, but it's not so huge that things roll around in there. It keeps everything neat and tidy and there's still room to throw in a scarf or something on top.

I got the GM because I'm a mom, and in addition to all of the aforementioned stuff, I often have to carry jackets, Taekwon Do uniforms, water bottles, snacks, random and assorted art projects, and God knows what else. LOL. The GM is *perfect* for this. I was able to carry most things in my MM, but it was really stuffed and often things were spilling out the top. The GM holds everything comfortably. The downside of the GM, of course, is that it is a black hole. An awesome, glorious, cavernous black hole! :lol: Let me tell you something; this morning we couldn't find my daughter's jacket. Looked everywhere for it. A few hours later, I found it in my bag. Just, like, bunched up and lost in a corner of my Neverfull GM. A WHOLE JACKET! This bag is large, okay. Things SWIM in it. In the MM, things stay nice and tidy and upright; in the GM it's a floppy, chaotic free-for-all (but I love it).

Hope that helps. For the purpose you described, I recommend keeping your MM. :flowers:

I got my first Neverfull GM Tuesday. it's so big I can sleep in it!! I love it. I like the free space around my SLGs. I don't consider it a black hole when you can open it and see everything. In a smaller bag everything is stacked up on top of itself. In the GM I can put my hand on what I need quickly. No rooting around.

Hello! I JUST got the GM on Monday! I have two other Neverfulls, both MM size, and in my opinion, the MM is the perfect size work bag (for carrying files, a slim computer, and daily essentials). Everything fits, but it's not so huge that things roll around in there. It keeps everything neat and tidy and there's still room to throw in a scarf or something on top.

I got the GM because I'm a mom, and in addition to all of the aforementioned stuff, I often have to carry jackets, Taekwon Do uniforms, water bottles, snacks, random and assorted art projects, and God knows what else. LOL. The GM is *perfect* for this. I was able to carry most things in my MM, but it was really stuffed and often things were spilling out the top. The GM holds everything comfortably. The downside of the GM, of course, is that it is a black hole. An awesome, glorious, cavernous black hole! :lol: Let me tell you something; this morning we couldn't find my daughter's jacket. Looked everywhere for it. A few hours later, I found it in my bag. Just, like, bunched up and lost in a corner of my Neverfull GM. A WHOLE JACKET! This bag is large, okay. Things SWIM in it. In the MM, things stay nice and tidy and upright; in the GM it's a floppy, chaotic free-for-all (but I love it).

Hope that helps. For the purpose you described, I recommend keeping your MM. :flowers:
I am a mom too! So I think I would have to look at it in person to really see...if it's something I would like. Thanks for your input. And lol at your daughters jacket!!!!

Reactions: Summerfriend
I got my first Neverfull GM Tuesday. it's so big I can sleep in it!! I love it. I like the free space around my SLGs. I don't consider it a black hole when you can open it and see everything. In a smaller bag everything is stacked up on top of itself. In the GM I can put my hand on what I need quickly. No rooting around.
I like the idea of the space too! Ima have to check them out in person and see how it looks on me etc! Thanks so much!

I like the idea of the space too! Ima have to check them out in person and see how it looks on me etc! Thanks so much!
I found that the DE GM creates an optical illusion and looks smaller on than the same size Monogram Canvas. I'm 5'3" , curvy and run the risk of looking frumpy with a gigantic bag... the Mono was overwhelming. But in the DE... Magic! The darker canvas and trim make it disappear on the shoulder. Wouldn't trade it for a smaller one.

I keep wanting to like the MM size as it typically gets the pretty interior options but just tried it on again (for the 5th time) and know that it is too small for my work needs (I'm a nurse practitioner and take my work computer home every night to chart so need a lot of room). Also I'm nearly 5'7 and about 165lb so can pull off the GM. Hope that helps! Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: Sandy1017
I found that the DE GM creates an optical illusion and looks smaller on than the same size Monogram Canvas. I'm 5'3" , curvy and run the risk of looking frumpy with a gigantic bag... the Mono was overwhelming. But in the DE... Magic! The darker canvas and trim make it disappear on the shoulder. Wouldn't trade it for a smaller one.
Wow really!!? That is something to keep in mind!

I keep wanting to like the MM size as it typically gets the pretty interior options but just tried it on again (for the 5th time) and know that it is too small for my work needs (I'm a nurse practitioner and take my work computer home every night to chart so need a lot of room). Also I'm nearly 5'7 and about 165lb so can pull off the GM. Hope that helps! Good luck with your decision!
Thanks so much! And we are about the same height and weight! So I am ready to see how it looks on me, I really need to just go look at it in the store and really make my mind up. But yessss I can see why the GM suits your lifestyle way better!

I'm only 5'4 and 140 lbs and I have two GMs. Im not a larger person by any means but I fee like no matter what size you are - carry the bag you love.

I prefer the GM because I think it looks very nice cinched. But I also like that I have so much room for versatility. During the week I'll carry my essentials and cinch it in. Some days when im carrying folders to and from work I uncinch it. Its also a great shopping companion in the weekends. Not to mention a carry on option for traveling. But it's just my preference.

You have to try on what you like in the store and get what you love best

I'm only 5'4 and 140 lbs and I have two GMs. Im not a larger person by any means but I fee like no matter what size you are - carry the bag you love.

I prefer the GM because I think it looks very nice cinched. But I also like that I have so much room for versatility. During the week I'll carry my essentials and cinch it in. Some days when im carrying folders to and from work I uncinch it. Its also a great shopping companion in the weekends. Not to mention a carry on option for traveling. But it's just my preference.

You have to try on what you like in the store and get what you love best
Thanks I will do that!

Reactions: JanayC