Florentine Satchel

Valeriee

O.G.
Jul 6, 2011
I saw the Florentine satchel in a youtube video on the weekend and I feel in love with the bag. Does anybody know whether it is possible to get any sort of deal on this bag? Also, which size would you recommend for somebody who is petite. I was thinking perhaps the small. How small is the mini? Thank you in advance for your help.

I saw the Florentine satchel in a youtube video on the weekend and I feel in love with the bag. Does anybody know whether it is possible to get any sort of deal on this bag? Also, which size would you recommend for somebody who is petite. I was thinking perhaps the small. How small is the mini? Thank you in advance for your help.
The mini is NOT a tiny handbag. I have several of the mini Florentine Satchel. I'd call it a good medium sized handbag. The base is wide, so it holds a lot.
I also have the small Florentine satchel. It's a great size, just a little larger than the mini. The small is a generous sized handbag. It's heavier than the mini, but the advantage of the small is the top has more room to fold over so the handles are easier to carry. Also the zipper on the small is a little longer so the top has a bigger opening.

Either is a good choice. Do you have any other Dooney bags that are a good size for you so I could compare?

As for deals, the Dooney outlets often have 40% off and they may be able to ship some colors. Just be sure to ask about
return. Also I Love Dooney often has discounts.... keep checking for colors and prices.

The mini is NOT a tiny handbag. I have several of the mini Florentine Satchel. I'd call it a good medium sized handbag. The base is wide, so it holds a lot.
I also have the small Florentine satchel. It's a great size, just a little larger than the mini. The small is a generous sized handbag. It's heavier than the mini, but the advantage of the small is the top has more room to fold over so the handles are easier to carry. Also the zipper on the small is a little longer so the top has a bigger opening.

Either is a good choice. Do you have any other Dooney bags that are a good size for you so I could compare?

As for deals, the Dooney outlets often have 40% off and they may be able to ship some colors. Just be sure to ask about
return. Also I Love Dooney often has discounts.... keep checking for colors and prices.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I do not have any other Dooney bags for size comparison. Would you, or perhaps anybody else reading the thread, be able to take a photo of the interior of the bags to show me how much they can hold? I saw some Youtube videos on size comparisons, but they didn't really show the interior of the bags. Without this, the dimensions themselves, are only somewhat useful. Also, is there a link to the Dooney outlet? I live in Canada and we don't have any Dooney outlets here. I would have to buy online. The official Dooney site does not seem to have a link to its outlet. I am quite a petite person, and I commute to work via public transportation, so perhaps the small would be too heavy for me, since it is more like a medium sized bag in general . Any opinions on this?

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I do not have any other Dooney bags for size comparison. Would you, or perhaps anybody else reading the thread, be able to take a photo of the interior of the bags to show me how much they can hold? I saw some Youtube videos on size comparisons, but they didn't really show the interior of the bags. Without this, the dimensions themselves, are only somewhat useful. Also, is there a link to the Dooney outlet? I live in Canada and we don't have any Dooney outlets here. I would have to buy online. The official Dooney site does not seem to have a link to its outlet. I am quite a petite person, and I commute to work via public transportation, so perhaps the small would be too heavy for me, since it is more like a medium sized bag in general . Any opinions on this?

I'm in Canada too and I have to buy online. The small holds what a typical medium sized bag would. It's slightly heavy but I wouldn't say it's ridiculous. If you don't carry a lot you could probably get away with the mini.

I don't know if the outlets will ship to Canada. They way you order from the Dooney outlets is by phone. There is a list of outlets in the location section at the bottom of the main Dooney site. You can call any outlet, see if they have what you are looking for, ask for the price and the return policy info, and find out if they will ship to Canada. Good luck.
The only online Dooney outlet is I Love Dooney. I don't know if they ship to Canada.

I don't know if the outlets will ship to Canada. They way you order from the Dooney outlets is by phone. There is a list of outlets in the location section at the bottom of the main Dooney site. You can call any outlet, see if they have what you are looking for, ask for the price and the return policy info, and find out if they will ship to Canada. Good luck.
The only online Dooney outlet is I Love Dooney. I don't know if they ship to Canada.
This is very helpful! Thank you. I will call around to several outlet locations from the website and see whether anyone will be willing to ship to me. Do you know how much cheaper they are from the outlet than from the actual boutique and online store?

This is very helpful! Thank you. I will call around to several outlet locations from the website and see whether anyone will be willing to ship to me. Do you know how much cheaper they are from the outlet than from the actual boutique and online store?
Prices in the Dooney outlets vary. Florentine handbags are 'usually' 30-40% off retail prices. But, not every color and style is available and some colors/styles aren't shippable. It changes all the time. Some outlets will even send you photos of a bag, so you can see the condition. Sometimes that's helpful. Just be sure to ask them to tell you about any defects. Just because a bag is in plastic from the stock room doesn't mean it's in perfect condition. This is a fact of life, no matter what store you buy in.

Prices in the Dooney outlets vary. Florentine handbags are 'usually' 30-40% off retail prices. But, not every color and style is available and some colors/styles aren't shippable. It changes all the time. Some outlets will even send you photos of a bag, so you can see the condition. Sometimes that's helpful. Just be sure to ask them to tell you about any defects. Just because a bag is in plastic from the stock room doesn't mean it's in perfect condition. This is a fact of life, no matter what store you buy in.[/QUOTE
Great advice! Are the Florentines from the outlet "outlet versions" or are they exactly the same as the boutique versions?

Great advice! Are the Florentines from the outlet "outlet versions" or are they exactly the same as the boutique versions?

Hello I need some help. I have a Natural Colored Russel from Dooney and Bourke. I have owned it less than 3 months. It has rain spots on it. Im unable to find any information on removing these or at least making them fade. Any suggestions??View attachment 3634621

I recently read that someone wiped down their entire bag with water which ended up blending the water spots. I would do more research before trying.
I think some rehabbers even dunk the entire bag in water and let it dry out, then condition it.

Perhaps this will help.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/dooney-rehab-thread.811268/page-2

I recently read that someone wiped down their entire bag with water which ended up blending the water spots. I would do more research before trying.
I think some rehabbers even dunk the entire bag in water and let it dry out, then condition it.

Perhaps this will help.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/dooney-rehab-thread.811268/page-2

I have seen some YouTube videos recently of people doing this to their Louis Vuitton vachetta leather. They say it blends in the water spots and it keeps a nice even golden honey patina. The bags looked great. It made me think I should be able to do this to my Florentine bags.

I have seen some YouTube videos recently of people doing this to their Louis Vuitton vachetta leather. They say it blends in the water spots and it keeps a nice even golden honey patina. The bags looked great. It made me think I should be able to do this to my Florentine bags.
I once tried it on the natural vachetta leather handles of a Dooney that got stained. Wiping the handles with water didn't blend in the water marks on the rest of the handles. Didn't cause any further damage, just didn't make the original water marks go away. Maybe others had better luck.

I once tried it on the natural vachetta leather handles of a Dooney that got stained. Wiping the handles with water didn't blend in the water marks on the rest of the handles. Didn't cause any further damage, just didn't make the original water marks go away. Maybe others had better luck.

That's good to know LJ. Thanks for the info. I'm sorry it didn't work on your bag.