Which hologram totes show the most rainbow colors?

ooo

May 4, 2012
Which hologram totes show the whole rainbow spectrum?

The fall 2015 market tote shows all colors of the rainbow, but thr current Taylor tote just looks a boring purple-green.

The prices online are crazy and if I'm paying $700 for a $350 retail bag, I want the whole frickin rainbow... not just a purpley green metallic bag.

The online photos on stores and ebay are frustrating. Somw photoa make the bag look magical, while plain photos of it sitting on a coffee table make it look like the boring green purple metallic look.

Which style number or season of bag shows the real entire colors of thr rainbow, not just purple green?

Which hologram totes show the whole rainbow spectrum?

The fall 2015 market tote shows all colors of the rainbow, but thr current Taylor tote just looks a boring purple-green.

The prices online are crazy and if I'm paying $700 for a $350 retail bag, I want the whole frickin rainbow... not just a purpley green metallic bag.

The online photos on stores and ebay are frustrating. Somw photoa make the bag look magical, while plain photos of it sitting on a coffee table make it look like the boring green purple metallic look.

Which style number or season of bag shows the real entire colors of thr rainbow, not just purple green?

There is an "obsessed with hologram" thread in the Coach forum which would probably be the best place to post this question. I'm sure someone there would be able to help you out. [emoji3]

I'm not familiar with the older hologram collection, but with the new one it's really hit or miss on the colors. When I went in the store some of the collection just looked purple-green, but others were more green/blue. My store did not have any true rainbow looking ones besides the wallet (the one I chose pictured seemed to be the only rainbow-looking one). However, it's very difficult to capture the true color of the collection on camera.

For example, this is the same hologram wallet but with different lighting:
1A.jpg 1B.jpg

I'm not familiar with the older hologram collection, but with the new one it's really hit or miss on the colors. When I went in the store some of the collection just looked purple-green, but others were more green/blue. My store did not have any true rainbow looking ones besides the wallet (the one I chose pictured seemed to be the only rainbow-looking one). However, it's very difficult to capture the true color of the collection on camera.

For example, this is the same hologram wallet but with different lighting:
View attachment 3626126 View attachment 3626127
I have this wallet and there is a good rainbow of colors throughout. Pictures I've seen generally don't look as pretty as the wallet does IRL.

I think last year's hologram had a better color shifting generally, but you still needed to pick a good one out in person due to a big variation in the appearance of the individual bags. Some had gorgeous colors and some just looked metallic purple.

Yeah, since they're not in stores anymore, I can't see them in person- so I'm solely dependent on online photos. And some online sellers seem to be throwing a lot of camera flashes at the bags since the other bags the same model don't look like that. Or maybe it just takes that much lightning for the hologram to be noticeable in person too.

Yeah, since they're not in stores anymore, I can't see them in person- so I'm solely dependent on online photos. And some online sellers seem to be throwing a lot of camera flashes at the bags since the other bags the same model don't look like that. Or maybe it just takes that much lightning for the hologram to be noticeable in person too.
I think the hologram might be more noticeable in person than in some photos. I ordered my wallet from Coach.com and was pleasantly surprised at the variety of colors I got. hologram wallet045.jpg hologram wallet030.jpg hologram wallet043.jpg

Reactions: katev
IMG_4901.JPG IMG_4902.JPG IMG_4905.JPG IMG_4906.JPG I have the 2015, original and I think this one shows more colors of the rainbow. It looks, purple, pink, green, yellow, orange. It depends on the light. I recently returned a newer version, small, crossbody double zipped pouch, because it was horrible, and cheap in my opinion. I've seen the newer version and compared them both. The colors are very muted and dark. The leather is cheap, cheap, cheap and thick. Not refined like the 2015 version. Also, the newer version has a cloth lining. The 2015 has the reversible, black leather on the inside. This is a clear example of coach trying to cash in on what became a big hit for them.

Here are some photos I took when I got engaged. My Fiancé gave me the ring attached to the bag. I had wanted this bag so bad and was so disappointed that it sold out. I was so shocked he got me the bag, it took me like 5 whole minutes to notice the ring. lol
You can see the variations in the colors. These pics were taken in very low light. In daylight the bag is yellow and orange and some pinks.

Reactions: whateve