Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
No good news ladies, there is no bag that I want at the moment , or let's say we weren't offered anything [emoji23]thou I saw big boxes left and right.. I guess it's not meant to be this trip...

But I have a picture of me and Mr. Michel Coste together inside the store like the celebrities .. I told him thou I didn't get the bag at least I have a picture with him.. and he said tmuch better [emoji23][emoji23][emoji51]
You were lining up with Michel Coste ? Are you going back to try it another time ?

I think a "ticket" System would also be more fair. The last time I've been there (didn't queue) i saw so many People doing this.. sooo rude.

This kind of professional line sitters and line cutters (joining a friend or family) is rampant at the H sale in NYC. Being paid to wait in line at sample sales is a thriving business in NYC.

I feel like some people would abuse the ticket system if they are tight on money. Such as standing in line early in the morning then selling their ticket number to someone else. I think that soliciting would ruin the experience of standing in line for other people. Can you imagine strangers coming up to you telling you to buy their ticket number?

Personally, I am fine with waiting in line then waiting some more for my appointment. My mentality for shopping at fsh is, "if it's meant to be, it will happen". Waiting in line is part of the memory when you score. I feel much more fulfilled when I go through all these obstacles to finally be presented a bag :biggrin: Any other ladies feel this way?

I feel like some people would abuse the ticket system if they are tight on money. Such as standing in line early in the morning then selling their ticket number to someone else. I think that soliciting would ruin the experience of standing in line for other people. Can you imagine strangers coming up to you telling you to buy their ticket number?

Personally, I am fine with waiting in line then waiting some more for my appointment. My mentality for shopping at fsh is, "if it's meant to be, it will happen". Waiting in line is part of the memory when you score. I feel much more fulfilled when I go through all these obstacles to finally be presented a bag :biggrin: Any other ladies feel this way?
I tell myself that too. Even though I didn't score on my last trip, I said to myself maybe it's not meant to be. And even for my upcoming trip, if I get offered a bag then it's meant to be, if not then I'm bummed but oh well. It makes the bag extra special when you go through all the obstacles to finally get it.

Honestly I agree with you. My first time that I bought a bag at fsh I lined up to get my bag. It was the old system. The line was inside and not so long as it is now. I had completely struck out the prior trip. I lined up for several days on this trip before I was offered a bag that I loved (I was rejected several days and I turned down two that were not right for me.) I spent maybe an hour each day on this so it didn't ruin my trip and I go to Paris fairly often so it wasn't a once in a lifetime trip or anything. Nothing will ever match the exhilaration of finding that bag. It was an incredible experience and a wonderful memory. The ladies who were standing in line behind me were from another part of the world but we bonded and they cheered for me on my way out with my big orange bag. It was just incredible. I'll never forget it. I have a relationship with a SA and I don't have to wait in line now and of course it's always awesome to visit fsh and to get a bag or anything else for that matter. But I think the thrill of the hunt that first time really added to my experience.

I'm not sure if I would wait under the current system. I probably would. It's a very individual decision. It depends on your access to bags at your home store, your plans for your Paris trip, how frequently you come, etc. But as you say the key thing is to not count on getting a bag and to make sure you have a good attitude and don't let it spoil your vacation if you aren't successful. I had fun on all of my attempts whether I was successful or not. They are all good memories. I just felt lucky to even be there to try.

Sorry to hear that. Do you mind detailing how your appointment went? What you asked for/what the SA's response was?

No worries, I'm prepared.. with bag or without.. but it's better if with bag right!![emoji51]

So we lined up at 8am infront of the store 12 people ahead of me .. but I didn't look the opposite side. Before 10am line is all the way at the YSL boutique and the side entrance line is almost in the front door..the people infront of me is getting more and more family or friends of friends started coming in.. by the time the door opens I think I'm 25th already...

Door opened ... and I believed they let people in more at the side entrance rather than the front.. but not sure because i don't recognized the people anymore from where we are standing before the door opens.

Got an appointment for 2:15, then at the end we end up going there at 4:10 .. when my DH got the text and saw the name of the SA I already have the feeling that I won't get any... but infairness she took down our request birkin 30 or Kelly 32 in neutral color and also I saw a lot of Constance on the display so I asked for Constance and she ask me what color I already have.. then she went away for like 10-15 minutes and when she came back and said that she doesn't have anything that I wanted at this time .. and asked me until when I'll be here and I said we are leaving in the morning but i still smiled at her and I said maybe next time I'll be back here in Paris...

No worries, I'm prepared.. with bag or without.. but it's better if with bag right!![emoji51]

So we lined up at 8am infront of the store 12 people ahead of me .. but I didn't look the opposite side. Before 10am line is all the way at the YSL boutique and the side entrance line is almost in the front door..the people infront of me is getting more and more family or friends of friends started coming in.. by the time the door opens I think I'm 25th already...

Door opened ... and I believed they let people in more at the side entrance rather than the front.. but not sure because i don't recognized the people anymore from where we are standing before the door opens.

Got an appointment for 2:15, then at the end we end up going there at 4:10 .. when my DH got the text and saw the name of the SA I already have the feeling that I won't get any... but infairness she took down our request birkin 30 or Kelly 32 in neutral color and also I saw a lot of Constance on the display so I asked for Constance and she ask me what color I already have.. then she went away for like 10-15 minutes and when she came back and said that she doesn't have anything that I wanted at this time .. and asked me until when I'll be here and I said we are leaving in the morning but i still smiled at her and I said maybe next time I'll be back here in Paris...
They actually had Constance on display? Is it possible to buy the display?

Honestly I agree with you. My first time that I bought a bag at fsh I lined up to get my bag. It was the old system. The line was inside and not so long as it is now. I had completely struck out the prior trip. I lined up for several days on this trip before I was offered a bag that I loved (I was rejected several days and I turned down two that were not right for me.) I spent maybe an hour each day on this so it didn't ruin my trip and I go to Paris fairly often so it wasn't a once in a lifetime trip or anything. Nothing will ever match the exhilaration of finding that bag. It was an incredible experience and a wonderful memory. The ladies who were standing in line behind me were from another part of the world but we bonded and they cheered for me on my way out with my big orange bag. It was just incredible. I'll never forget it. I have a relationship with a SA and I don't have to wait in line now and of course it's always awesome to visit fsh and to get a bag or anything else for that matter. But I think the thrill of the hunt that first time really added to my experience.

I'm not sure if I would wait under the current system. I probably would. It's a very individual decision. It depends on your access to bags at your home store, your plans for your Paris trip, how frequently you come, etc. But as you say the key thing is to not count on getting a bag and to make sure you have a good attitude and don't let it spoil your vacation if you aren't successful. I had fun on all of my attempts whether I was successful or not. They are all good memories. I just felt lucky to even be there to try.

DH know now all the struggles I've been through every time I come here by myself, he was shocked how many people getting in line for the bag.. he just told me I'm so lucky from my previous trip that I got bag each time I come here.. and I should treasure each one of them..

I like the challenge of getting it... I'm with you !!