how do you store the earrings?

kewlada

Nov 18, 2016
hello! today i took out my earrings, planning to wear. and to my horror, i noticed the top left corner of the velvet holder and the box have white suspicious looking stuff!! i suspect it might be mold...
:sad:

it's not anywhere near the earrings but i do not know how to store the earrings if i am to throw the box away. so i'm seeking help here!

1) how do you store your earrings if you are not using their boxes?
2) will it be "safe" again if i just wipe off the "mold"?

i tried to do a search on the forum but could not find anything relevant. thanks in advance!

I use the "foam" pieces from various gift boxes for my post earrings - just stick them down into the foam. My hoops live in little fabric lined boxes. Hope this helps!

I bought a cute little jewelry box and I store my Chanel earrings in there. I do not throw the boxes away, I keep them in case I ever want to resell or just feel like reorganizing. There are also jewelry trays, I bought a few from Michael's, I use them for my bracelets but it could also be used for earrings.

Reactions: catfancier3
No. I usually remove the earrings from their box. If I need to, I store them on their own, in a little bit of foam, inside of their own little satin bag.

I bought a cute little jewelry box and I store my Chanel earrings in there. I do not throw the boxes away, I keep them in case I ever want to resell or just feel like reorganizing. There are also jewelry trays, I bought a few from Michael's, I use them for my bracelets but it could also be used for earrings.

I store them in a jewelery tray which is held in my dresser.

thank you all ! i'll look into purchasing such storage! thanks!

@kewlada I store my Chanel jewelry in velvet lined standing jewelry box with small compartments for them. I simply put them in each compartment that fit for whatever they are (earrings, rings, bracelets, etc.). Were you able to confirm what the white stuff is? reason I ask is... if it's mold, and it's humid where you live.. it might not matter too much even if you change how you wrap or store them but rather that you might need to have it near a dehumidifier for example or you might need some of those dehumidifier satchels in wherever you decide to be your storage unit (but not touching the items perhaps).

Just want to mention that as I'd hate to put the earrings into a different box/pouch and then find that the earring metal might then later be impacted by molding (if that's what it is). :smile:

@Vanana thanks! yea i reckon it might come back again. till date, i have not found out what it might be but i highly suspect it's mold as its humid in the country i live in. yup, i'll look into putting some small silicon or charcoal in my new storage space.

thank you so much for your insight (as always!!) :smile:

Reactions: Vanana
@Vanana thanks! yea i reckon it might come back again. till date, i have not found out what it might be but i highly suspect it's mold as its humid in the country i live in. yup, i'll look into putting some small silicon or charcoal in my new storage space.

thank you so much for your insight (as always!!) :smile:
No worries at all! I just want to check in to ensure your gorgeous Chanel goods remain gorgeous! :smile: heart breaking to see pretty things like them get mold on them. good luck and enjoy them!

Reactions: kewlada