Riveting reveal: Swagger Shoulder Bag

popartist

Oct 23, 2016
So I am fairly new to buying Coach, got my first one early last year and did my first FP boutique purchase during the last SAS late last year. Now both boutique and outlet SAs are beginning to recognize me! :smile: So even though I essentially got the PCE 30% discount early with a price match on the Western Rivets Edie about ten days ago, I was still excited to get called about the actual PCE and did not want the opportunity to go to waste. Before getting the notice, I was browsing La Baie while visiting Montreal last weekend and a new bag caught my eye - the black Swagger Shoulder Bag with ombre rivets. It also filled a gap in my bag repertoire for a smaller bag suitable for evening pursuits, but also met my requirement for being pretty roomy, it fits more than a Dinky. So when I did get the call, I knew the black Swagger Shoulder Bag would be the one, paired with a matching small ombre rivets wallet that I was already planning to get. Only thing was whether to get the ombre rivets bag I was originally eyeing or the same bag in glovetanned black leather. After spending some time with both in the store yesterday, I stuck with my initial attraction and got the black Swagger Shoulder Bag with ombre rivets, along with the wallet! It is a pretty spacious bag for its type, width is close to 3 inches (they have it wrong on the Coach website), with a magnetic button back pocket that will fit a cell phone easily and another slip pocket in the front that will fit things like a pack of tissues in addition to the roomy main compartment. I will be mostly wearing it with the strap doubled on the shoulder but you can lengthen it to hang lower from the shoulder or even crossbody - but crossbody will likely only work well if you are on the short side, like me, I'm 5'2 and it hit my side at just the right spot so it may sit too high up if you are taller. It really is meant for shoulder wear. Anyway, without further ado, the photos...

Waiting to be unwrapped...
IMAG1471.jpg

There was a lot of padding and plastic wrap on this bag, took a good 5+ minutes to get it all off. But once I did...tada!
IMAG1472.jpg

Nice gunmetal hardware
IMAG1474.jpg
Back slip pocket
IMAG1475.jpg

Flap up - back side is leather lined.
IMAG1480.jpg
Another story patch that shows that the serial numbers on the creed are back.

IMAG1488.jpg

Interior main compartment is lined with smooth leather!

IMAG1489.jpg

Bag with stuff in it (including keys in zip pocket) - still room for more!

IMAG1500.jpg

Bag with lengthened strap

IMAG1492.jpg

Side view with hang tags:
IMAG1493.jpg

Last edited:
LOVE! I've really been interested in this bag. The bandana rivets version caught my eye a few months ago, but I missed out on it. The smooth leather one just seemed to be lacking something so i never got it. I'm so happy to see another rivet version! This one is even nicer with the pebbled leather! It's on my list of bags to check out for PCE. Congrats on this beauty and the matching wallet!

I had liked the bandana rivets one too, but it didn't seem to be as versatile as far as the type of occasions it can be used for. I felt the same as you about the smooth leather one, which is why I passed on it. I was originally going to get the wallet in fatigue color to go with my Edie, but got the black instead with this bag, plus I can use it fine with all my other bags.

So I am fairly new to buying Coach, got my first one early last year and did my first FP boutique purchase during the last SAS late last year. Now both boutique and outlet SAs are beginning to recognize me! :smile: So even though I essentially got the PCE 30% discount early with a price match on the Western Rivets Edie about ten days ago, I was still excited to get called about the actual PCE and did not want the opportunity to go to waste. Before getting the notice, I was browsing La Baie while visiting Montreal last weekend and a new bag caught my eye - the black Swagger Shoulder Bag with ombre rivets. It also filled a gap in my bag repertoire for a smaller bag suitable for evening pursuits, but also met my requirement for being pretty roomy, it fits more than a Dinky. So when I did get the call, I knew the black Swagger Shoulder Bag would be the one, paired with a matching small ombre rivets wallet that I was already planning to get. Only thing was whether to get the ombre rivets bag I was originally eyeing or the same bag in glovetanned black leather. After spending some time with both in the store yesterday, I stuck with my initial attraction and got the black Swagger Shoulder Bag with ombre rivets, along with the wallet! It is a pretty spacious bag for its type, width is close to 3 inches (they have it wrong on the Coach website), with a magnetic button back pocket that will fit a cell phone easily and another slip pocket in the front that will fit things like a pack of tissues in addition to the roomy main compartment. I will be mostly wearing it with the strap doubled on the shoulder but you can lengthen it to hang lower from the shoulder or even crossbody - but crossbody will likely only work well if you are on the short side, like me, I'm 5'2 and it hit my side at just the right spot so it may sit too high up if you are taller. It really is meant for shoulder wear. Anyway, without further ado, the photos...

Waiting to be unwrapped...
View attachment 3631333

There was a lot of padding and plastic wrap on this bag, took a good 5+ minutes to get it all off. But once I did...tada!
View attachment 3631334

Nice gunmetal hardware
View attachment 3631335
Back slip pocket
View attachment 3631336

Flap up - back side is leather lined.
View attachment 3631337
Another story patch that shows that the serial numbers on the creed are back.

View attachment 3631338

Interior main compartment is lined with smooth leather!

View attachment 3631340

Bag with stuff in it (including keys in zip pocket) - still room for more!

View attachment 3631350

Bag with lengthened strap

View attachment 3631351

Side view with hang tags:
View attachment 3631358
Omg! I love it! Congrats on a great looking bag!

Congrats on this beautiful set - very pretty with the rivets. I didn't realize they give out Coach bottled water (it's been way too long since I visited Coach :sad:). Enjoy!

Congrats on this beautiful set - very pretty with the rivets. I didn't realize they give out Coach bottled water (it's been way too long since I visited Coach :sad:). Enjoy!

I went to the Coach House NYC flagship, so I don't know if the water is particular to only there or not, but it is offered pretty freely there. Was also offered coffee or tea, but that was the first time I was offered that. I sometimes go browse at the Time Warner Center store across town and I have never seen them offer water to anyone there.

Reactions: Iamminda

I went to the Coach House NYC flagship, so I don't know if the water is particular to only there or not, but it is offered pretty freely there. Was also offered coffee or tea, but that was the first time I was offered that. I sometimes go browse at the Time Warner Center store across town and I have never seen them offer water to anyone there.
I haven't shopped at Coach FP in awhile, but I've gotten bottled water labeled Coach in Las Vegas Coach stores. Most different brands there have their own labeled water.