Iridescent purple bag question

hi guys. Does anyone know if the purple iridescent color for 2017 the same as last years purple iridescent with rainbow hardware ?

I am sure someone knows more than me, but here is what I know, as I am on the waitlist for it in the M/L flap. It is actually called metallic purple and it is lambskin, whereas the previous bags were called iridescent, so I think it is a little different. I am anxiously waiting to see this color in person. :heart:

Reactions: revitalise
I am sure someone knows more than me, but here is what I know, as I am on the waitlist for it in the M/L flap. It is actually called metallic purple and it is lambskin, whereas the previous bags were called iridescent, so I think it is a little different. I am anxiously waiting to see this color in person. :heart:
Is it the same purple that comes in the mini

I can't wait to see it! Do you find the color changes at all depending on the lighting?
DM it is metallic lambskin (so must be very careful with it). It does change color a bit toward the gray side when you turn it. However, if you compare it to the 16C purple with the rainbow hardware, you would notice the following:
(as MrsL pointed out) the 16C turns from teal to charcoal to a more silver purple (the purple color itself is a slightly "toned down" purple vs. a "jewel rich" purple (wow I so hope this actually still sound like English :P)
This season's I find changes more from a "silver purple -with charcoal hint" to a more rich vibrant "jewel purple" purple

Which is to say - if you don't mind lamb metallic as a material and can care for it, and you're a true purple fan - you might actually prefer this season's because the purple is very primary and then it comes with a bit of iridescent effect for fun too. it's gorgeous for sure! but not the same IMO as the 16c if you're comparing and looking for exact.

It's more like a gorgeous cousin but not sibling :smile:

hope this helps!

DM it is metallic lambskin (so must be very careful with it). It does change color a bit toward the gray side when you turn it. However, if you compare it to the 16C purple with the rainbow hardware, you would notice the following:
(as MrsL pointed out) the 16C turns from teal to charcoal to a more silver purple (the purple color itself is a slightly "toned down" purple vs. a "jewel rich" purple (wow I so hope this actually still sound like English :P)
This season's I find changes more from a "silver purple -with charcoal hint" to a more rich vibrant "jewel purple" purple

Which is to say - if you don't mind lamb metallic as a material and can care for it, and you're a true purple fan - you might actually prefer this season's because the purple is very primary and then it comes with a bit of iridescent effect for fun too. it's gorgeous for sure! but not the same IMO as the 16c if you're comparing and looking for exact.

It's more like a gorgeous cousin but not sibling :smile:

hope this helps!
You are so helpful and generous with your detailed descriptions, as always. Thank you, Vanana. I didn't realize that metallic lambskin would be more delicate than my classic lamb flap.....hmm, thank you for telling me. It is good information to have.

I do love purple and was bummed to pass on the dark purple mini this past summer, but I didn't love the caviar on that one or the thick stitching.

I also really love metallics in general, so this may be a winner for me. I will wait until I see it in person. I was also considering the metallic turquoise mini in lambskin, but now I am thinking I should stick to caviar for metallics (dark charcoal and/or silver). Major life decisions, right? :smile::heart::heart: