The best, worst and most dramatic handbag purchases?

cherrytongue

cherrytung.co
Feb 21, 2016
There's this YouTube tag by Lydia that has been going around lately. Instead of letting it stay on YouTube, I really want to share with you guys, and hear about your best, worst and most dramatic purchases.
Here are the questions:
1. How many luxury handbags do you own?
2. How do you store and organize your handbags?
3. What was the first bag that you purchased?
4. What is your newest handbag?
5. What is your most expensive bag?
6. What was your most dramatic handbag buying experience?
7. What is your favorite store to buy handbags?
8. What is your current favorite bag?
9. What is your least favorite bag?
10. What is your next handbag purchase?
11.What is your dream handbag?

I think this is a great way to learn about what works/ doesn't work for others, and use it as a guide for our own purchases. Here are my answers:
xxx no need to send our members to youtube to see your answers

Last edited by a moderator:
1. How many luxury handbags do you own? Lost count. Around 25? 30?
2. How do you store and organize your handbags? I have 3 closets for them. No particular organization, though. They just sit in their dustbags or hang from a hook.
3. What was the first bag that you purchased? First ever? Probably a Kipling backpack. 1st luxury bag was a Mulberry Antony.
4. What is your newest handbag? Longchamp Le Pliage Neo in Ruby, Small size.
5. What is your most expensive bag? AW Rocco in Petrol.
6. What was your most dramatic handbag buying experience? Haven't really had one because nothing comes to mind...
7. What is your favorite store to buy handbags? I mostly buy preloved.
8. What is your current favorite bag? Longchamp Roseau, largest size, black with SH.
9. What is your least favorite bag? I don't know if I can name one from my own collection...
10. What is your next handbag purchase? Probably a custom LP or a LPC Mini.
11.What is your dream handbag? At the moment, Celine Tie tote or LC Roseau Sakura. So lovely!

maybe 10 or 11 = "luxury"--
14 total

dustbags, filled with packaging tissue, stuffed inside--as easy-to-remove "shaper pillows"

near clothes/shoes/scarves in closet--to coordinate outfits visually

upon shelves--for good airflow

cheapie no name shoulder bag--beaten to threadbare status & replaced

1st "luxury" bag = Icon Los Angeles

Baseballism, vintage glove leather

Chanel

a few, received as gifts = caused screaming, wild hand flailing & running around excitedly

Also remember hurrying into deadly ponies store. After years planning NZ visit. Happily touching every single thing--even display racks. Because finally could.

was mulberry(before Coca/changes), hermes is nice--but not bag shopping much, now

am enjoying soft & squashy

whichever I donate to charity next

none planned

11. What is your dream handbag?

Hermione's charmed & bottomless clutch--from "Harry Potter, The Deathly Hallows part 1"--for carrying tons of books & a tent:
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/ph...-Hallows-hermione-granger-6554239-329-594.jpg

1. How many luxury handbags do you own? 24 total; half premier, half contemporary
2. How do you store and organize your handbags? The ones in current rotation are out. Others are in dust bags and/or boxes.
3. What was the first bag that you purchased? A pink vinyl bag as a kid; LV Reade from the collab with Robert Wilson for luxury
4. What is your newest handbag? Coach Neon Pink Dinkier
5. What is your most expensive bag? SLP SDJ, I think
6. What was your most dramatic handbag buying experience? A pre-order that showed up on multiple bloggers and other shopping sites months before I received mine that wound up being the wrong size when I finally received it.
7. What is your favorite store to buy handbags? LV, Saks, or Bulgari
8. What is your current favorite bag? Bulgari Serpenti Forever Card Holder
9. What is your least favorite bag? From my collection? My Tory Burch Tote. Not sure why. Just don't love it.
10. What is your next handbag purchase? Probably some form of work bag
11.What is your dream handbag? Hermes Kelly 15cm

Three (four if you count a WOC)

I stuff with an old sweatshirt or tshirt(s) depending on size of the bag, then in a dustbag

My first luxury is a Prada vitello daino (east west)

A Gucci WOC (strap really)

The Prada

I don't think I've ever had a dramatic buying experience... just a lot of agonizing in the store and standing there thinking for an hour, and then going oh what the heck and biting the bullet

I think Saks has great customer service and all luxury designers

My Gucci Disco

You know, sometimes I feel like my Prada can be kind of heavy and it can really weigh down my arm if I hold it in the crook of my elbow. The shoulder strap option is nice to have, but it's really a top handle in look (more boston/bowling bag-esque). I like totes to swing over my shoulder. But a classic top handle can really dress up an outfit vs a tote, like a good pair of heels vs flats

Haha, haven't really thought about it. Just bought the WOC a month ago!

A Chanel classic flap

1. How many luxury handbags do you own? Lost count. Around 25? 30?
2. How do you store and organize your handbags? I have 3 closets for them. No particular organization, though. They just sit in their dustbags or hang from a hook.
3. What was the first bag that you purchased? First ever? Probably a Kipling backpack. 1st luxury bag was a Mulberry Antony.
4. What is your newest handbag? Longchamp Le Pliage Neo in Ruby, Small size.
5. What is your most expensive bag? AW Rocco in Petrol.
6. What was your most dramatic handbag buying experience? Haven't really had one because nothing comes to mind...
7. What is your favorite store to buy handbags? I mostly buy preloved.
8. What is your current favorite bag? Longchamp Roseau, largest size, black with SH.
9. What is your least favorite bag? I don't know if I can name one from my own collection...
10. What is your next handbag purchase? Probably a custom LP or a LPC Mini.
11.What is your dream handbag? At the moment, Celine Tie tote or LC Roseau Sakura. So lovely!
I also have a Longchamp Le Pliage Neo! I'm thinking about getting a new one too. It's so lightweight and convenient with the zipper on top. :heart:

I have 8 right now.

I purchased a glass display cabinet from ikea and display them in there! (with their dustbags on though :/)

My first bag was the Gucci Sukey. I think I was around 18 then.

Gucci Soho Disco in black.

My Celine Trapeze! I don't know if I'll ever spend that much on a bag again.

Nothing really dramatic, but when I purchased the Soho Disco back in November, I panicked after making the purchase through Harrods.com because of so many bad experiences I read about! (This was when it literally just went out of stock on Selfridges). Glad to say everything went smoothly.

Don't have a favorite store, but I tend to buy directly from the boutiques instead of department stores like Saks, Neimans, etc.

Even though I rarely reach for it, my Fendi 2jours is hands down my favorite bag of all time. My most current used one is the disco.

Probably the LV Neverfull. Nothing wrong with the bag, but it's just sitting at the bottom of my closet waiting for attention. As I grow older, I've become very minimalistic and don't bring enough stuff that would make me use the Neverfull. Everything I need fits into the Disco.

Oh gosh! I don't even know. I'm at a point in my life where I have other goals to acquire. BUT, if I could, it would probably be the Chloe Faye in the small size.

No dream handbag for me. Plenty that I like, but nothing I consider a HG right now.

Can't wait to read others!

Always too many but always room for just one more
Hobos flat in dust-bags
Structured bags upright, stuffed and in dust-bags on shelves, current rotation on top of piano
Other bags as best holds their shape
Can't remember, possibly could have been a Trussardi shoulder bag
Hermes Bolide
Hermes
On the point of giving up on BV completely and then finding the perfect BV hobo
Hermes or Gucci with trusted SAs
Each for a different purpose
None, it would be gone!
None planned
The one I'm carrying at any given time (see 8)

1. How many luxury handbags do you own? 9 luxury, 3 bad weather bags
2. How do you store and organize your handbags? In their dust bags (stuffed) and placed on shelves in the closet.
3. What was the first bag that you purchased? A leather bag in Italy, sold in the open market in Catania. No name brand, but it was of amazing quality.
4. What is your newest handbag? A Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Hobo, Medium, Pacific Blue
5. What is your most expensive bag? Valextra New Madison Work Tote.
6. What was your most dramatic handbag buying experience? Having the delivery man bring my handbag to the neighbor's house. Thank goodness for honest neighbors!
7. What is your favorite store to buy handbags? That's hard to say. I've had my best experiences at Valextra and at Ralph Lauren.
8. What is your current favorite bag? Ralph Lauren Soft Ricky. I can't put it back!
9. What is your least favorite bag? I don't know. I like them all.
10. What is your next handbag purchase? I don't have any in my sights at the moment.
11.What is your dream handbag? Ralph Lauren Ricky in an exotic skin.

maybe 10 or 11 = "luxury"--
14 total

dustbags, filled with packaging tissue, stuffed inside--as easy-to-remove "shaper pillows"

near clothes/shoes/scarves in closet--to coordinate outfits visually

upon shelves--for good airflow

cheapie no name shoulder bag--beaten to threadbare status & replaced

1st "luxury" bag = Icon Los Angeles

Baseballism, vintage glove leather

Chanel

a few, received as gifts = caused screaming, wild hand flailing & running around excitedly

Also remember hurrying into deadly ponies store. After years planning NZ visit. Happily touching every single thing--even display racks. Because finally could.

was mulberry(before Coca/changes), hermes is nice--but not bag shopping much, now

am enjoying soft & squashy

whichever I donate to charity next

none planned

11. What is your dream handbag?

Hermione's charmed & bottomless clutch--from "Harry Potter, The Deathly Hallows part 1"--for carrying tons of books & a tent:
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/ph...-Hallows-hermione-granger-6554239-329-594.jpg

I also have around 10 bags! As much as I like structured bags, soft bags just fit my body more :smile:

Reactions: remainsilly
1. How many luxury handbags do you own? 24 total; half premier, half contemporary
2. How do you store and organize your handbags? The ones in current rotation are out. Others are in dust bags and/or boxes.
3. What was the first bag that you purchased? A pink vinyl bag as a kid; LV Reade from the collab with Robert Wilson for luxury
4. What is your newest handbag? Coach Neon Pink Dinkier
5. What is your most expensive bag? SLP SDJ, I think
6. What was your most dramatic handbag buying experience? A pre-order that showed up on multiple bloggers and other shopping sites months before I received mine that wound up being the wrong size when I finally received it.
7. What is your favorite store to buy handbags? LV, Saks, or Bulgari
8. What is your current favorite bag? Bulgari Serpenti Forever Card Holder
9. What is your least favorite bag? From my collection? My Tory Burch Tote. Not sure why. Just don't love it.
10. What is your next handbag purchase? Probably some form of work bag
11.What is your dream handbag? Hermes Kelly 15cm
Oh no, it's the worst when they mess up your order after all those anticipation :sad: My dream is also Hermes Kelly, but in 28 cm :smile:

I have 8 right now.

I purchased a glass display cabinet from ikea and display them in there! (with their dustbags on though :/)

My first bag was the Gucci Sukey. I think I was around 18 then.

Gucci Soho Disco in black.

My Celine Trapeze! I don't know if I'll ever spend that much on a bag again.

Nothing really dramatic, but when I purchased the Soho Disco back in November, I panicked after making the purchase through Harrods.com because of so many bad experiences I read about! (This was when it literally just went out of stock on Selfridges). Glad to say everything went smoothly.

Don't have a favorite store, but I tend to buy directly from the boutiques instead of department stores like Saks, Neimans, etc.

Even though I rarely reach for it, my Fendi 2jours is hands down my favorite bag of all time. My most current used one is the disco.

Probably the LV Neverfull. Nothing wrong with the bag, but it's just sitting at the bottom of my closet waiting for attention. As I grow older, I've become very minimalistic and don't bring enough stuff that would make me use the Neverfull. Everything I need fits into the Disco.

Oh gosh! I don't even know. I'm at a point in my life where I have other goals to acquire. BUT, if I could, it would probably be the Chloe Faye in the small size.

No dream handbag for me. Plenty that I like, but nothing I consider a HG right now.

Can't wait to read others!
Glass display is what I'm planning to do in my next apartment. Is there a reason why you prefer boutiques instead of department stores? I heard department stores have really good rewards?

Always too many but always room for just one more
Hobos flat in dust-bags
Structured bags upright, stuffed and in dust-bags on shelves, current rotation on top of piano
Other bags as best holds their shape
Can't remember, possibly could have been a Trussardi shoulder bag
Hermes Bolide
Hermes
On the point of giving up on BV completely and then finding the perfect BV hobo
Hermes or Gucci with trusted SAs
Each for a different purpose
None, it would be gone!
None planned
The one I'm carrying at any given time (see 8)
Haha I completely agree with your 1. I consider 10 (which is what i have) as too many, but I'm still constantly looking at other bags. Currently, the LV pochette metis is on my bag radar :P

Reactions: papertiger
1. How many luxury handbags do you own? 9 luxury, 3 bad weather bags
2. How do you store and organize your handbags? In their dust bags (stuffed) and placed on shelves in the closet.
3. What was the first bag that you purchased? A leather bag in Italy, sold in the open market in Catania. No name brand, but it was of amazing quality.
4. What is your newest handbag? A Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Hobo, Medium, Pacific Blue
5. What is your most expensive bag? Valextra New Madison Work Tote.
6. What was your most dramatic handbag buying experience? Having the delivery man bring my handbag to the neighbor's house. Thank goodness for honest neighbors!
7. What is your favorite store to buy handbags? That's hard to say. I've had my best experiences at Valextra and at Ralph Lauren.
8. What is your current favorite bag? Ralph Lauren Soft Ricky. I can't put it back!
9. What is your least favorite bag? I don't know. I like them all.
10. What is your next handbag purchase? I don't have any in my sights at the moment.
11.What is your dream handbag? Ralph Lauren Ricky in an exotic skin.
I'd be terrified if the delivery man brings my bags to my neighbors! I'm actually expecting a package delivery right now, for my vintage Kelly 28... it says "Item presented to import Customs" for quite a while now, and I'm just waiting for the system to update, or for the delivery man to knock on my door! I'm travelling to London tomorrow and I'm really hoping to get the bag before leaving :sad: