Diamond Eternity Bands, High Carat

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
O.G.
Mar 31, 2012
I have a 5 stone diamond ring that totals 2.59tcw
Years ago, I decided I wanted to make the ring an eternity and started collecting loose diamonds. Then when I had them all, I realized I probably won't wear it so I sold two, and made a pendant out of one.

I still have five loose stones sitting around and am now back to coveting a large eternity band. Does anyone have something above 5 carats? Do you wear it often? I feel like mine would be huge at at least 6.5tcw (size 7.5 finger)

I'd wear it on days I don't feel like wearing my e-ring and w-band. It would be a substitute for both.

But I'm also leery of wearing something that big, and my style is very relaxed - jeans, Tee's, boots, sneakers. I mean I live in flip flops during the summer. Would you guys do it? Or, should I just sell off the rest of the diamonds?

Here's a couple of pics of it currently.

my ring.jpg

pic1.jpg

Reactions: cdtracing
Wear it! It doesn't matter what your wardrobe is IMO. I don't have large diamonds but I use my Hermes Birkin with tees jeans and Converse tennis shoes.

Please enjoy it!
I'm also a converse girl.. :drinks:
I don't wear it now because it irks me that it's not an eternity. But at the same time, I'm still wondering would I wear it if it were an eternity.

I'm confused, you have loose diamonds? What is the ring you posted cauz that is gorgeous! But I agree wardrobe doesn't matter

Thank you, The ring I posted is what it looks like now, it's a 5 stone. But I want to make it into an eternity and was buying up loose diamonds to make it into one.

I love your ring as is!:hbeat:

Have you tried on a large eternity ring? They seem like they would be uncomfortable to wear for an extended period of time since the stones would rub your adjacent fingers IYKWIM. They just look so thick and stick out so much from the finger that it doesn't look comfortable. I wear a Tiffany Etoile wedding band that can give my pinky finger a small callus when I used to wear it all the time. And the diamonds on that ring are teeny tiny compared to your ring.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :smile:

Thank you, The ring I posted is what it looks like now, it's a 5 stone. But I want to make it into an eternity and was buying up loose diamonds to make it into one.

Ah ok. I love the ring now. I don't think I'd add to it. It's gorgeous as is. And there is no guarantee you'll wear it more. Is there some reason you don't wear it? Have you discussed with a jeweler maybe a redesign you'd like better? You said you may not even wear it more if you make it into an eternity. Perhaps a different design?

But I must say I love it as is.

Reactions: BPC
I love your ring as is!:hbeat:

Have you tried on a large eternity ring? They seem like they would be uncomfortable to wear for an extended period of time since the stones would rub your adjacent fingers IYKWIM. They just look so thick and stick out so much from the finger that it doesn't look comfortable. I wear a Tiffany Etoile wedding band that can give my pinky finger a small callus when I used to wear it all the time. And the diamonds on that ring are teeny tiny compared to your ring.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :smile:

This... definitely try one on 1st! Even smaller prong set eternity bands or 3/4 annoy me to no end rubbing against my other fingers. I'm also sure I'd ruin it eventually trying to carry in 10 grocery bags on one hand so I don't make 2 trips... They're so pretty on others I always desire one but know for me it won't work.

I've tried a couple on, but the tcw was either less, or they weren't with round stones. I can't seem to find them in a very high carat weight for rounds, but I haven't been actively looking either.
I have no doubt it would cut into the sides of my finger, but I'm pretty sure I'd be OK with it, especially since it wouldn't be a piece I'd wear daily.

snibor makes a good point though, maybe I just want a different design. A mix or rounds and other cuts set in a bezel possibly.. Oh man, I just don't know.. ugh...

Reactions: snibor
I've tried a couple on, but the tcw was either less, or they weren't with round stones. I can't seem to find them in a very high carat weight for rounds, but I haven't been actively looking either.
I have no doubt it would cut into the sides of my finger, but I'm pretty sure I'd be OK with it, especially since it wouldn't be a piece I'd wear daily.

snibor makes a good point though, maybe I just want a different design. A mix or rounds and other cuts set in a bezel possibly.. Oh man, I just don't know.. ugh...

You'll figure it out after you look more and maybe talk to a jeweler. I had this big diamond necklace that was pretty, but it was such a large design I never could wear it. Eventually I had the diamonds made into 2 rings. Much more wearable.

Good luck. That ring is a beauty!!

Reactions: BPC
Look into a 3/4 eternity band...looks like a full eternity but no diamonds on the underside, just top and sides. Down the road you can resize it, too.
My thing is - would it just be too big? Like ostentatious big? Especially for someone as casual as me. I just don't want it to look tacky.. ya know?

The ring you have already looks like it covers most if not all of top part of your finger. Why add when you won't see it? I think it's a beauty now.
Thank you. I just prefer the look of eternity rings. I have pave bands that I adore, specifically because the diamonds go all the way around. I dunno, just prefer them I guess.

My thing is - would it just be too big? Like ostentatious big? Especially for someone as casual as me. I just don't want it to look tacky.. ya know?
It's not too big. (and DEF NOT tacky ) There is something classic about an eternity band. Even high carat bands. I am a jeans and tee shirt, boots or sneakers girl and I wear my high carat solitaire with everything. Makes me happy. And that's exactly what diamonds should do :smile: