Which bag to get in France?!? (Mini? Jumbo? ML?)

akakai

O.G.
Apr 28, 2011
Hi everyone, I've been lurking on this forum for quite a while and only got into Chanel very recently. Little did I know that I'd be this hooked and I just can't stop!!! First bag I got is a black bowler from 2016 that I got pre-loved with rhodium hw. It fits quite a bit and looks pretty casual. I originally got it thinking it's more like bag that I can use often, it has the CCs but looks a bit unique. Not to mention it was a great deal compared to other classic flaps. At the time I had zero interest in ever getting a classic flap bag. After getting this bowler, however, I became enamored with the look and feel of Chanel aesthetic and quality. It's such a pleasure to use it just feeling the leather and the quality of the hw. I then decided I wanted another piece that's more versatile, something that could transition into a clutch. So naturally, I became curious about the WOC. As it happens, when I dropped by my local store to check it out, they had the combination I wanted-- Classic woc in black caviar leather with gold hardware... I love both of my Chanel's so much that I'm already trying to decide on my next one. Luckily, I have a trip to France coming up in a few months, I am for sure going to get a bag while I'm there, no doubt about that! What can't decide on is which one I should get?!? I'm currently deciding either mini rectangular or classic flap in ML, or a jumbo. While I think ML is the most classic size in a way, I do think it's about the same size as the bowler I have. I'm also wondering if I would use the jumbo as a day bag enough to justify the purchase... and my issue with the mini rectangular is really because I just got a WOC... not sure if getting a mini would be too similar to my recent purchase... also I do think that if I get a mini I'd eventually want to get either jumbo or ML and vice versa... please help me decide on what bag I should get in France!!! Below is a pic of the bowler. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4933.JPG
    IMG_4933.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,224
Your Bowler bag looks awesome on you! Congratulations also on finding the WOC of your dreams. Have you thought of looking at a Reissue for your next bag? They are lightweight and can be worn cross body or on the shoulder.
How exciting you're going to France soon. It will be exciting to see what stock they have on hand. I hope you enjoy the experience of visiting Chanel in France! Can't wait to see what makes your heart skip a beat - don't forget to post pics!

Reactions: BagLadyT and akakai
A trip to France is always lovely!

With how it's cheaper still to get it there. And they have so much inventory backstock (way more than others in Europe or the world).

I suggest you try the Jumbo as it fits more. I love the ML most but as I age, I seem to be bringing more stuff which overflows in there.

Or you know... u may consider 2 bags hehe. While in France ya know

Your Bowler bag looks awesome on you! Congratulations also on finding the WOC of your dreams. Have you thought of looking at a Reissue for your next bag? They are lightweight and can be worn cross body or on the shoulder.
How exciting you're going to France soon. It will be exciting to see what stock they have on hand. I hope you enjoy the experience of visiting Chanel in France! Can't wait to see what makes your heart skip a beat - don't forget to post pics!

Thank you for your feedback! I didn't know that Reissue can be worn cross body! I used to prefer Reissue over having the CC logo, but lately I am really starting to like the CCs... haha... I do wonder though, if rectangular mini will be easier to get in France? Given that they are usually in demand and hard to get a hold of... If that's the case, I might snatch up the mini first and wait to get the larger sizes in a classic combination... my only gripe is that the jumbo and ML are so much more affordable in France...I feel like I'd almost get a better deal if I got a larger size...

Reactions: More bags
A trip to France is always lovely!

With how it's cheaper still to get it there. And they have so much inventory backstock (way more than others in Europe or the world).

I suggest you try the Jumbo as it fits more. I love the ML most but as I age, I seem to be bringing more stuff which overflows in there.

Or you know... u may consider 2 bags hehe. While in France ya know

I know! I would love to get a rectangular mini and a jumbo!!!! (I feel like I almost have to because of the discounts) although I dont think my hubs will be too excited by that idea...lol... I want a mini in a fun color like red...and jumbo in black or beige caviar leather...gah!!! there's this green/gold jumbo chevron this season that I am also in love with... I think I will call ahead closer to my trip, and depending on what they have I will make my decisions on the spot... it will be a difficult decision for sure...Are rectangular minis hard to get a hold of in the States

If you are looking for a bag to carry your things on a day to day basis, get the Jumbo. You can wear the Jumbo cross body, which I love. The Classics can be difficult to find,at times, in the states but if you are persistent you will find a mini at a later date.

If you are looking for a bag to carry your things on a day to day basis, get the Jumbo. You can wear the Jumbo cross body, which I love. The Classics can be difficult to find,at times, in the states but if you are persistent you will find a mini at a later date.

Is it difficult to find classic pieces in black caviar in France? I'm trying to gauge how difficult to get rectangular mini vs classic medium or jumbo in France compared to here... I think I will be super tempted to get a seasonal piece just out of the fear of missing out. Also, do you know how long SAs are willing to put a piece on hold?

Akakai, we have the same dilemma & same thinking! OMG [emoji4]. I will follow this post to get tips. Please update us/me, as to what you've decided. I'm going to Paris in June & it will be my first ever Chanel bag. My dilemma is M/L vs Mini. It's sooo expensive here in Canada [emoji30]. Anyway, good luck to us [emoji4]

Akakai, we have the same dilemma & same thinking! OMG [emoji4]. I will follow this post to get tips. Please update us/me, as to what you've decided. I'm going to Paris in June & it will be my first ever Chanel bag. My dilemma is M/L vs Mini. It's sooo expensive here in Canada [emoji30]. Anyway, good luck to us [emoji4]

Haha yep! Good luck to us! I'm hoping by then fall release should also be available so we will get a good selection! Do you know if classic flaps in neutral colors are hard to find in the States? I used to think classics are easier to find but I'm not sure if that's true at all.

Reactions: luvlux64
ok... so I was thinking about this again, I am leaning towards getting an ML and a mini rectangular in lamb... I know jumbo is more practical, but I don't think I will be using such a fancy bag for running errands. I plan to use my classic flap as a dinner bag or a bag I wear out to nice brunches and luncheons. As for lamb, I hear it's more durable than what people give it credit for. Also bc I am planning to get my ML in black, I figure it's the best color to get in lamb because it's a bit more forgiving. As for the mini rectangular, I am waiting for a blue red, also thinking that the small bag would be easier to take care of if it's in lamb. BUT, however, I noticed on ebay that most pre-loved bags are in lamb... anyone know why that might be? Also, does Jumbo have more resell value than ML? hmmm....

Reactions: luvlux64