Which two Kellys would be the perfect everyday choice?

Which Kellys should I choose?

• Rouge Grenat and Gold

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Rouge Grenat and Etoupe

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Rouge Grenat and BBK

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
Etoupe! have both gold and etoupe and find etoupe easier to match. Box can have beautiful patina but personally dont like how easily scratches show and you cant carry it in the rain.

You already have RG? Love it like RH!

Reactions: eternallove4bag
Etoupe! have both gold and etoupe and find etoupe easier to match. Box can have beautiful patina but personally dont like how easily scratches show and you cant carry it in the rain.

You already have RG? Love it like RH!
No, I don't have Rouge Grenat yet. I plan to buy the bags from a reseller. I have a budget set for $14-17k new each(I'm assuming GHW is costlier with resellers. I saw RG had a similar vibe to RH, which is what I like!
If I go with a BBK, I'll be going the pre-loved route, because I'm not paying $20K for it new . I'm hoping $10K would get me an excellent used BBK, but like you said, it scratches easily and I can't wear it in the rain.. I live in Florida(where it seems to rain quite a bit), I wonder if that would be a problem.

I'm still so undecided about which two Kelly's I should choose.
I'm leaning towards Gold and BBK, or RG and BBK. So indecisive!! Etoupe is nice, but I don't love it any more than Gold.

No, I don't have Rouge Grenat yet. I plan to buy the bags from a reseller. I have a budget set for $14-17k new each(I'm assuming GHW is costlier with resellers. I saw RG had a similar vibe to RH, which is what I like!
If I go with a BBK, I'll be going the pre-loved route, because I'm not paying $20K for it new . I'm hoping $10K would get me an excellent used BBK, but like you said, it scratches easily and I can't wear it in the rain.. I live in Florida(where it seems to rain quite a bit), I wonder if that would be a problem.

My dear, you can get an excellent pre-loved BBK with GHW for $7K, maybe less, unless you need perfection (and honestly, if you want to use the bag, you don't want a perfect box calf bag. I have one, my Rouge H K, and I rarely carry it because it panics me - I have actually thought of buying a SECOND one that has marks on it, so I feel fine carrying it every day).
If you're budgeting around 30-35K for two bags, you can get the gold and black preloved and have all three. As someone with red, black, and gold Kellys, that's all you need IMO :heart: although at some point you might get a blue or a purple :P
Etoupe to me always looks nice in photos and when I try it on I find it

I don't have my BBK 28 anymore (a wonderful tPFer has it, and I have my new black Togo K32 SO), but I have had box calf caught in the rain many times and as long as you wipe it off, nothing bad has happened so far. There is a conditioning technique you can use to waterproof box as well. Living in Florida your biggest issue for any expensive bag is humidity/mold when you store the bags, but as long as it's a dry room you will be fine :biggrin:

I did wear my BBK casually when I had it - the "how to wear a Kelly casually" thread is super helpful here. I find all my Kellys versatile that way, especially in 28.

My dear, you can get an excellent pre-loved BBK with GHW for $7K, maybe less, unless you need perfection (and honestly, if you want to use the bag, you don't want a perfect box calf bag. I have one, my Rouge H K, and I rarely carry it because it panics me - I have actually thought of buying a SECOND one that has marks on it, so I feel fine carrying it every day).
If you're budgeting around 30-35K for two bags, you can get the gold and black preloved and have all three. As someone with red, black, and gold Kellys, that's all you need IMO :heart: although at some point you might get a blue or a purple :P
Etoupe to me always looks nice in photos and when I try it on I find it

I don't have my BBK 28 anymore (a wonderful tPFer has it, and I have my new black Togo K32 SO), but I have had box calf caught in the rain many times and as long as you wipe it off, nothing bad has happened so far. There is a conditioning technique you can use to waterproof box as well. Living in Florida your biggest issue for any expensive bag is humidity/mold when you store the bags, but as long as it's a dry room you will be fine :biggrin:

I did wear my BBK casually when I had it - the "how to wear a Kelly casually" thread is super helpful here. I find all my Kellys versatile that way, especially in 28.

Wow this is amazing advice. Thank you, @QuelleFromage