Suggestions for a wallet like this one . . .

Cherielyne

Nov 11, 2015
Hi there TPFers!
I'm so excited to finally be starting my journey into the world of LV. I have a purse and a pochette coming my way and I'm now in search of a wallet.
Thing is, I already have a favorite wallet that I've had for years and years. I've looked online, in store and through the pre-loved market and I haven't really seen anything myself to match up to what I love about my favorite wallet.
I'm hoping you LV veterans can lead me to one that I just cant seem to find.
What I love about it: - large open space in the middle ( large enough to fit an Iphone 6, or keys )
- front pocket ( that can fit an Iphone 6 also )
- fits bills length ways
- has a zip top that doesn't open up like a book, though not adverse to button closures
- love the wristlet, so handy
I'm not keen on using a pochette accessories bc I'm not fond of the form factor.
I'm hoping this isn't a hopeless cause! New , pre-loved, vintage, things you've used for a wallet that have given you the same usage I'm wanting, all welcome!
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 562
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 583
  • P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 595
Your wallet reminds very much of a LV wallet that was discontinued a few years ago. It was called the Astrid. You could look at the second hand market for one. I still regret not purchasing it, it looks so similar to the Coach wallet you have.

Reactions: Puglet Lover
Your wallet reminds very much of a LV wallet that was discontinued a few years ago. It was called the Astrid. You could look at the second hand market for one. I still regret not purchasing it, it looks so similar to the Coach wallet you have.
I agree with you about the astrid, but that pocket in the front looks bulky. What have you used in the meantime, that's slightly similar?

I agree with you about the astrid, but that pocket in the front looks bulky. What have you used in the meantime, that's slightly similar?
I can't go past the Zippy, l just love it. I just saw a couple of preloved Astrid's on ebay for approx $400.00.

Another option for you could be the Zippy Organiser - it's bigger than the standard Zippy

Omg thats my favorite wallet too! I have it in the same color. Mine's about 3 yrs old now and already showing signs of wear :sad: So now it just sits in my drawer.
I dont know if LV has the same wallet style.. will try to look up Astrid too.
I've sold my DE Zippy bec it is too big and heavy i find. Currently i'm switching between my Empreinte Curieuse and Adelle wallets.

Hi there TPFers!
I'm so excited to finally be starting my journey into the world of LV. I have a purse and a pochette coming my way and I'm now in search of a wallet.
Thing is, I already have a favorite wallet that I've had for years and years. I've looked online, in store and through the pre-loved market and I haven't really seen anything myself to match up to what I love about my favorite wallet.
I'm hoping you LV veterans can lead me to one that I just cant seem to find.
What I love about it: - large open space in the middle ( large enough to fit an Iphone 6, or keys )
- front pocket ( that can fit an Iphone 6 also )
- fits bills length ways
- has a zip top that doesn't open up like a book, though not adverse to button closures
- love the wristlet, so handy
I'm not keen on using a pochette accessories bc I'm not fond of the form factor.
I'm hoping this isn't a hopeless cause! New , pre-loved, vintage, things you've used for a wallet that have given you the same usage I'm wanting, all welcome!
Thanks for looking!

Would love to see your new bag and pochette when it arrives!

If you love the wallet you have so much, why not keep it? You could try one of the other options suggested but it seems like the coach fits your needs.

Welcome to the lv world!

Reactions: Annabel Lee
Omg thats my favorite wallet too! I have it in the same color. Mine's about 3 yrs old now and already showing signs of wear :sad: So now it just sits in my drawer.
I dont know if LV has the same wallet style.. will try to look up Astrid too.
I've sold my DE Zippy bec it is too big and heavy i find. Currently i'm switching between my Empreinte Curieuse and Adelle wallets.
Thats so cool Keribelle! I think I've had and used it for a good 6/7 years.
You've hit on my hang up on the zippy, besides the zip in the middle, the heft. I do like that a wristlet/dragonne could be added.

Would love to see your new bag and pochette when it arrives!

If you love the wallet you have so much, why not keep it? You could try one of the other options suggested but it seems like the coach fits your needs.

Welcome to the lv world!

Thanks snibor! That's my plan until I find or can hack something to be like it. Its funny you say that because that's exactly how I feel. I want exactly what I want. Id rather be happy using what I love than go through all of a brands wallet collection, just to have that brand. I've off and on looked around for a wallet of this same style in different brands, just for a backup, but so far no luck for me at least.

Reactions: snibor
Cherielyne, you may want to check out this wallet.......

https://www.rissetto.com/shop/new-arrivals/clingy-wallet-in-washed-lambskin/

I have one of these and it's beautiful, kind of a cross between a clutch and a wallet. My iphone 6s fits in the center compartment even with a folding case on it with room to still zip it up comfortably. The only thing it doesn't have that your Coach has is the outside slip pocket but as I said your phone will fit easily on the inside and also be secure.

Cherielyne, you may want to check out this wallet.......

https://www.rissetto.com/shop/new-arrivals/clingy-wallet-in-washed-lambskin/

I have one of these and it's beautiful, kind of a cross between a clutch and a wallet. My iphone 6s fits in the center compartment even with a folding case on it with room to still zip it up comfortably. The only thing it doesn't have that your Coach has is the outside slip pocket but as I said your phone will fit easily on the inside and also be secure.

I love the Wood color. Reminds me of a grittier Madewell. Thanks for the great suggestion!