~*~Neverfull Club!~*~

I Love My NF so much and even more now. I went on a business trip out of country for two days this week and decided I will try to only bring NF, no carry on luggage. And I was amazed I managed! In my MM DE Rose Ballerine NF I have:

Laptop, charger, passport, small Gucci blooms wallet, 4 key holder, mini pochette, toiletry 26 (inside my change of clothes), phone charger, makeup, glasses in hard case, my toiletry things, tangle teezer and gloves.

IMG_1489041945.380042.jpg

Super bummed. Just received my NF MM DE in rose ballerine and the strap has a crack in it ): This is my first NF DE - it is sooo much more stiff than my mono. The handles feel like plastic. Is this normal? If so, do they become less 'plastic-like'? It is lovely but I am seriously questioning the comfort and durability of the treated leather on the DE. Any words or advice or encouragement? I am awaiting a call back from LV on an exchange. It seems like the quality is declining on the popular bags although, again this is my first DE NF.
crack.jpg

I just wanted to share something I recently purchased from Fashionphile. It's a preloved Epi Neverfull MM in Indigo. I bought it because it was relatively inexpensive ($600) compared to others I've seen, it comes with the pouch accessory AND it is returnable.
Well I received it today and while it's not in perfect shape it IS in really good condition and aside from some white rubbing (which I can fix with leather dye!), it actually looks to only need a little extra cleaning! I'm excited that I took a chance on this beauty.
I imagine and keep telling myself the previous owner must have been in Cirque Du Soleil or on Broadway because of the glitter inside[emoji92] I have zero doubt that after a little TLC this bag will shine and become one of my favorites!
I know some people dislike preowned and are grossed out and that's ok. I look at it like buying a home that's not new or a used car. And if some cleaning will save me that much money then I'm all for it! Some pics...
IMG_1489165508.303374.jpgIMG_1489165522.157067.jpgIMG_1489165532.356897.jpg

Super bummed. Just received my NF MM DE in rose ballerine and the strap has a crack in it ): This is my first NF DE - it is sooo much more stiff than my mono. The handles feel like plastic. Is this normal? If so, do they become less 'plastic-like'? It is lovely but I am seriously questioning the comfort and durability of the treated leather on the DE. Any words or advice or encouragement? I am awaiting a call back from LV on an exchange. It seems like the quality is declining on the popular bags although, again this is my first DE NF.
View attachment 3628444

Sometimes bag issues are a close call or simply a personal preference but sometimes issues are just plain unacceptable and are inexcusable. You have the latter ....

View attachment 3628444

I have the same bag bought in late January and I also was surprised by the stiff plastic like handles. They are very uncomfortable in the beginning but I stuck with it and have used my bag everyday since purchase and I believe my handles have gotten "softer" or I've just gotten used to it. They def hurt if bag is very heavy and I carry it in my hand. I saw a lady out with DE neverfull yesterday and her handles were all soft and laying down so I guess they get softer with time as mine still stands up on there own. I didn't exchange for a vachetta NF only cuz I really wanted this bag to be super carefree.

I have the same bag bought in late January and I also was surprised by the stiff plastic like handles. They are very uncomfortable in the beginning but I stuck with it and have used my bag everyday since purchase and I believe my handles have gotten "softer" or I've just gotten used to it. They def hurt if bag is very heavy and I carry it in my hand. I saw a lady out with DE neverfull yesterday and her handles were all soft and laying down so I guess they get softer with time as mine still stands up on there own. I didn't exchange for a vachetta NF only cuz I really wanted this bag to be super carefree.

The treated leather handles are always stiff at first. They'll end up softening up & you'll love the feel of them. Enjoy[emoji5]

Reactions: 3Wonders
Hi Ladies!

I plan on making my first LV purchase this weekend and I anticipate that I will be going to buy it in-store as opposed to online. One of my reasons for this is so that I have the opportunity to inspect the bag for potential flaws prior to purchase. The nearest LV store, for me, is over an hour away and thus, I don't have the luxury of a quick return if there are any flaws/defects. I've watched several videos and have followed this thread for quite some time, but would love further guidance on some things I should be looking for when inspecting. Thus far, I know to look for:
- aligned canvas along seams
- consistent stitching
- no exposed threading on bag base/corners
- no cracks in treated leather (for DE)

Is there anything else I should watch out for? Thanks! :smile:

Reactions: 3Wonders