Would MY essentials fit into your Classic Mini? *Request!

resplendent

Sep 5, 2014
Hello TPF'ers!

I have scoured most of the available videos on YouTube for "what fits" and reviews on the Classic Mini, but I am still having a hard time determining whether I could squeeze in *MY* essentials.

I am trying to play Tetris in my mind but I can't figure it out, and obviously the Chanel boutiques aren't going to let me start stuffing their bags in-store with all my things and potentially stretching them out.

1) GLASSES (w/ soft cover.) I need to carry sunglasses at all times. If not, then eventually when I reach 40 years old and beyond, I will probably need reading glasses so fitting some kind of glasses is a very essential item for me to consider a bag.
2) Small fat wallet (NOT card case, etc.) I hate switching wallets out because I will inevitably forget something I need so I need a complete compact wallet that helps me be consistent when I'm switching bags. I currently use the LV Victorine Wallet.
3) Change pouch. Such as Hermes Bastia which contains my earbuds, hairties, etc.
4) Thin key holder / Change pouch #2. I use an LV canvas key pouch (cle) for keys and extra cards/change.
5) Phone. Not too large, an iPhone 5S/SE or iPhone 6S size.
6) 2 lip products. (I usually need 1 stick/tube lip balm and 1 lipstick.)
7) Pen.
8) Thin pack of tissues.

Any takers?? Can be either Square Mini or Rectangular Mini but I do prefer the Square...

If not...then I will have to upsize to a Reissue 225 and put that on my shopping list...

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Edit: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...mini-flap-will-fit-my-essential-items.836000/ --> this is an old thread but it looks like this user has a wallet with similar dimensions as mine...plus the exact same Cle.

I think requiring the bag to fit glasses is my biggest hurdle, and the Boutiques will not let me play around in-store or buy and return for a full refund (I am in Canada.) Basically I am stuck with a store credit if I take something home and determine it may not work for me. Hence my request...

Last edited:
Hi, I can fit all but my sunglasses in my mini's, but I only use one coin purse (you mention two)...i also have a reissue 225 and m/l's, and tend to use these for work or when I need to carry more things. It's a shame they won't let you try in store, have you asked? I did this for my first mini (gently and stopping at the right moment). As you seem certain about your wallet choice you really need to try it. I switched to a card case and o coin purse when I started using minis and Celine trios on weekends, and still use these during the week regardless of my bag choice as I love the flexibility to easily swap between bags. Good luck!

IMG_0739.JPG The rectangular mini will be your best bet- it is much easier to work with, in my opinion. The first picture is with a rectangular mini and I could fit the phone (IPhone 6), pen (under the phone in the photo), 2 lip products (the lip product outside the purse could fit on top the phone and the other one is under the phone), folded up RayBan sunglasses, Bastia, and LV Rosalie wallet (don't have a Victorine). The LV cle wouldn't fit, but there is room next to the Bastia for a small set of keys. If I am really short of space in a mini then I have just put my keys in a soft pouch like sunglasses come in. For tissues, there is no space for a packet, but I often times just fold up one or two and place it in the slip pocket in the back or the outside rear pocket. The biggest hurdle is the glasses/sunglasses- I really couldn't fit them into the equation without taking most everything out. If you are able to use folded ones, however, then it can work. Also, the wallet might be an issue- with minis the wallet is often the big hurdle and the smaller the better.

IMG_0740.JPG Here is the square mini. Once I had the Rosalie wallet, the phone, and the Bastia inside, wasn't much room for anything else. You could add the pen and 2 lip products, and squeeze the keys in ( if in a pouch, not cle), but I couldn't fit the sunglasses in, even the folded kind

Thank you both SO much. You are very kind.

I don't think a Mini will work for my needs and I will turn my focus to the Reissues. You have saved me a lot of headache and guesswork. I am just *that* kind of person...not the most organized, have to carry those things...and prefer maximum-multi-use out of my bags, so once I have a system in place, I prefer to not have to think about what I have to sacrifice and work around.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

**Yes, I once did ask in the Boutiques here. They would not let me 'stuff' them (I wasn't going to streeeetch them!) but of course they want their products in the best condition going to their customers. It was both a hassle but also a reassurance that when I buy from them here, the bags have not been stressed.

Hello TPF'ers!

I have scoured most of the available videos on YouTube for "what fits" and reviews on the Classic Mini, but I am still having a hard time determining whether I could squeeze in *MY* essentials.

I am trying to play Tetris in my mind but I can't figure it out, and obviously the Chanel boutiques aren't going to let me start stuffing their bags in-store with all my things and potentially stretching them out.

1) GLASSES (w/ soft cover.) I need to carry sunglasses at all times. If not, then eventually when I reach 40 years old and beyond, I will probably need reading glasses so fitting some kind of glasses is a very essential item for me to consider a bag.
2) Small fat wallet (NOT card case, etc.) I hate switching wallets out because I will inevitably forget something I need so I need a complete compact wallet that helps me be consistent when I'm switching bags. I currently use the LV Victorine Wallet.
3) Change pouch. Such as Hermes Bastia which contains my earbuds, hairties, etc.
4) Thin key holder / Change pouch #2. I use an LV canvas key pouch (cle) for keys and extra cards/change.
5) Phone. Not too large, an iPhone 5S/SE or iPhone 6S size.
6) 2 lip products. (I usually need 1 stick/tube lip balm and 1 lipstick.)
7) Pen.
8) Thin pack of tissues.

Any takers?? Can be either Square Mini or Rectangular Mini but I do prefer the Square...

If not...then I will have to upsize to a Reissue 225 and put that on my shopping list...

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Edit: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...mini-flap-will-fit-my-essential-items.836000/ --> this is an old thread but it looks like this user has a wallet with similar dimensions as mine...plus the exact same Cle.

I think requiring the bag to fit glasses is my biggest hurdle, and the Boutiques will not let me play around in-store or buy and return for a full refund (I am in Canada.) Basically I am stuck with a store credit if I take something home and determine it may not work for me. Hence my request...

All you describe is almost exactly what I could comfortably fit into my 225. :smile: Highly recommend that size of reissue!

Reactions: resplendent
The answer is NO! What you describe will NOT fit in a rectangular mini. I am ridding of mine for this reason, and have found them to be useless because of it. My minimal needs for a bag are: 1)sunglasses, very slim and with cloth case, 2) compact card case with room for cash, etc 3) iphone 7+, 4) earbud case 5) 2 compact lipglosses. 224 is a tiny bit better than the rectangular mini, but the 225 is comfortable and nicely will fit these items with being able to double chain and add keys etc without overloading. It's not a very large bag either, and can go into evening if necessary. I hope I am saving you a headache and some $$. :smile:

***Also, I found myself buying different sunglasses and lip products and figuring out which cards I need or don't need to size down to a tiny card case, therefore spending MORE money just to make this tiny bag work. And then the mess of changing around everything to go from medium size to tiny bag, when I really don't want to spend the time changing my wallets around all the time as I carry a very compact one anyway. Lastly, going to the counter to buy something and having to take everything out to get to your stuff and re-engineer right there at the counter to get it all back in, whyyyyyyyyy do this!? TO ME, it seemed like such a hassle and took the fun out of carrying them :smile:***

Tracey, your comments have been definitely helpful. :smile:

All you ladies have been incredibly helpful. I am now thinking of Reissue 225 or 226 at this time. :smile: And I was even going to sell my WOC to replace with a Mini...but I have thought of new ways of using the WOC in conjunction with a M/L flap + (225 or 226) combo.

So it looks like my collection of Chanel basics will be complete at WOC + Classic Flap + Reissue.

One of these days I will do an in-depth pictorial review on here, as well as a YouTube explanation of why I chose these three and I hope to return the favours. :heart::flowers:

that stuff won't all fit in the mini square. it's not an everyday bag and holds minimal stuff. you need a bigger bag option or fewer items inside:smile: i have a square and previously a rect. - of the two the square fits more, imo, but not long items (like glasses)