Quality Control Fail: What is going on with repairs? GRRR.

Greentea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
This Speedy is 12 years old. A couple of weeks ago, I went to open the bag and the leather pull tab snapped right off. Fast forward to me taking it to my local LV and them saying this is an easy fix and would only be $30. I picked up the bag a couple of days ago but was trying to get to a movie and didn't look closely enough. But yesterday when I went to use this bag...I realized the zipper pull was put on completely crookedly. It's not in any way straight and it makes the bag look fake. Back to LV I go. This bums me, though. It's clearly a shoddy job let they pushed it on through.

IMG_4311.JPG

Reactions: Susimoo
This Speedy is 12 years old. A couple of weeks ago, I went to open the bag and the leather pull tab snapped right off. Fast forward to me taking it to my local LV and them saying this is an easy fix and would only be $30. I picked up the bag a couple of days ago but was trying to get to a movie and didn't look closely enough. But yesterday when I went to use this bag...I realized the zipper pull was put on completely crookedly. It's not in any way straight and it makes the bag look fake. Back to LV I go. This bums me, though. It's clearly a shoddy job let they pushed it on through.

View attachment 3620695
Can't you move it on your own?

Sorry you're dealing with this. But yeah LVs QC kinda sucks.

In October I took my epi Neverfull MM in for new straps because the black glazing was melting. It took three months for my bag to come back. When it did turns out they put PM straps on my MM bag. The shorter strap drop was immediately obvious to me. I couldn't even get the bag past my elbow much less on my shoulder. Almost two months later I'm still waiting for my bag. This was my fourth Neverfull in two months with melted glazing. No more new LV bags for me.

Their QC degenerated over the years, that's y LV lost their appeal to many- even their own SAs are aware of the issue. I recently picked up a 7 month old Gaia from repairs due to one of the screws on the handles coming undone (and lost)- and not only a the bag came back to me all crunched up squished which left creases on canvas, one side of the bag was covered with black dirt!!! Thank god it came off although not 100% it's completely unacceptable- I live far from the store but I wish I had inspected this on the sight.

On another instance we had to get an extra keep all when traveling and the one they were gonna sell us had obvious errors in stitching!!! I was like "look" and pointed it out to the SA...she shook her head and agreed that LV quality had declined severely and she apologized and found us a diff bag...

This is another reason LV lost its re-sale value, it's not wear proof any longer:sad:(

PS: I recently picked up my 12y old lady Dior from zipper replacement- and not only they cleaned and conditioned my bag they packaged it n the box with a shopping bag- it felt brand new!!

Reactions: scndlslv
Didn't LV used to fix those zipper pulls for free? I took one in a few years ago and I could have sworn it was done in house no charge.

It depends on the generousity of the SA at the time of inquiry. Sometimes it's complimentary, sometimes they charge a fee to repair the wear and tear. It's normal.

Sorry you're dealing with this. But yeah LVs QC kinda sucks.

In October I took my epi Neverfull MM in for new straps because the black glazing was melting. It took three months for my bag to come back. When it did turns out they put PM straps on my MM bag. The shorter strap drop was immediately obvious to me. I couldn't even get the bag past my elbow much less on my shoulder. Almost two months later I'm still waiting for my bag. This was my fourth Neverfull in two months with melted glazing. No more new LV bags for me.

Oh my gosh! Terrible! I'm so sorry :sad: