Help me out with my next purchase...

Which bag?

• Total voters

faintlymacabre

O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
I'm a little torn as to what I should pick up for my next bag. What I'm looking for is a mid-sized cross-body bag for weekends, as I don't really like dragging around my Rogue 36 when I'm just running errands or hitting a restaurant.

The contenders I have in mind so far are:

1. Turnlock Saddle bag in black: http://www.coach.com/coach-turnlock-saddle-in-glovetanned-leather/59241.html?dwvar_color=OLBLK

This is probably the bag with the least capacity, but it's also the coolest-looking. I probably wouldn't be able to fit a hard sunglasses case into this. I just love the aesthetics of it so much.

2. Dinky 24 in either bordeaux or black: http://www.coach.com/coach-dinky-cr...ther/55148.html?dwvar_color=BPBOR&search=true

I'm kind of not a fan of the included kisslock pocket in 1941 bags because I feel it takes away real-estate. I do like the size of the 24 though. Downsides include an unsecure slip pocket in the back, and a reportedly painful strap. The chain/leather combo strap on the Turnlock Saddle bag above is definitely thicker than this one. I do have a crap-ton of black bags, though, so the bordeaux option is nice.

3. Drifter Top Handle in black: http://www.coach.com/coach-designer...ther/38388.html?search=true&dwvar_color=MW/BK

This is the roomiest of the bunch, and I can also get it with PCE discount since it's not 1941. I love the slip pocket in the back and am hoping that will accommodate my phone for quick (but secure, since it has a magnetic closure) access. I don't actually know what's holding me back from making this an obvious pick. I think maybe I don't like the look of the top handle flopping forward when it's worn crossbody or something?

What would Coach forum do? :biggrin:

I love the turnlock saddle, too! It's such a great looking bag! My vote was based purely on aesthetics and not practicality. :biggrin:

I love the turnlock saddle, too! It's such a great looking bag! My vote was based purely on aesthetics and not practicality. :biggrin:

It seems like the measurements provided for it on the website are totally incorrect. Like these are similar to the larger Saddle bag's measurements, and having seen the Turnlock Saddle in person, they are nowhere near the same size!! I wonder if it has the same dimensions as the Saddle 23...

Have you checked to see if the black drifter hasn't hit the outlets yet? I saw both pink and yellow I believe - two weeks ago. You might just get a good deal. [emoji41]

Have you checked to see if the black drifter hasn't hit the outlets yet? I saw both pink and yellow I believe - two weeks ago. You might just get a good deal. [emoji41]

I didn't even think to do that because I just saw the black ones at my full price store yesterday! Could they be at the outlets simultaneously??

The top-handle drifter is my dream bag (hoping to find one still at the outlet in April), so I'm biased there - the one I checked out at the store was wonderfully roomy.

It seems like the measurements provided for it on the website are totally incorrect. Like these are similar to the larger Saddle bag's measurements, and having seen the Turnlock Saddle in person, they are nowhere near the same size!! I wonder if it has the same dimensions as the Saddle 23...
Saks.com lists the measurements for the turnlock saddle as 7 x 5 x 2 and that seems more accurate, doesn't it?

That's so funny, I have a Rogue as well and was looking at the exact bags you listed to use as an alternative! :lol: Great minds think alike!

I ended up getting a Mercer Satchel 24 in Hologram because I saw it at Macys and just loved the size (it kind of reminded me of the Rogue a bit too).

I liked the drifter the most out of those choices. I think I may end up with one eventually. It just seems different and roomy. I really like the all black everything too.

Reactions: faintlymacabre
I voted for the turnlock saddle bag although I think I'm seeing a mistake on the website! It says it's "old brass/black" but the pic looks like gunmetal hardware. Called CS and they said it is in fact an incorrect pic so idk if that will sway your decision!

I think the turn lock saddle bag is such a cute but at the same time edgy bag. I voted for that. But just so you know, I have the small drifter and the handle flopping forward doesn't bother me much.

The black top handle Drifter is definitely not at the Outlets yet. It is still in the boutiques because the black is the most popular of the Drifter colors. I just saw one at my boutique tonight. I voted for the Drifter, just love that bag!!

I voted for the turnlock saddle bag although I think I'm seeing a mistake on the website! It says it's "old brass/black" but the pic looks like gunmetal hardware. Called CS and they said it is in fact an incorrect pic so idk if that will sway your decision!
Oh geez. That actually entirely removes it from consideration! [emoji53] I saw the green one yesterday and really didn't like the brass.