Best places at affordable prices to repair a Chanel

Feb 22, 2017
hey guys :biggrin: hope you're all well.
So I recently bought a pre-loved beautiful classic Chanel double flap red maxi in caviar leather with silver hardware and it's absolutely beautiful, but... the interior has a couple little scuffs that could do with a little bit of love. Now I know it's the interior, so it's not visible, but it'll be nice to refresh it. Any ideas where I could get that done ? Xx

So I recently bought a pre-loved beautiful classic Chanel double flap red maxi in caviar leather with silver hardware and it's absolutely beautiful, but... the interior has a couple little scuffs that could do with a little bit of love. Now I know it's the interior, so it's not visible, but it'll be nice to refresh it. Any ideas where I could get that done ? Xx
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/fresh-from-leather-surgeons-reveal.960788/

I second Leather Surgeons! They're amazing!

i have always used leather surgeons, but someone in the threads recently suggested leather pros (in california). they did a remarkable job as well, and were much cheaper. you don't get the fancy return packaging, but their work was quality and they work on all major brands, too. just another option for you!

Most certainly, no one can beat the years and years of experience of Leather Surgeons! LS is the original workshop for luxury handbag repairs plus they are rumored to be linked to the most major (hint hint) luxury brands as their primary repair company in the US. There might be newbie companies popping up everywhere but there will never be a replacement for years of experience. They have repaired hundreds of thousands of Chanel bags.

Just recently sent my VTG CHANEL to The Leather Surgeons in Doylestown, PA.
Replace the piping on both sides of the bag, clean, condition and recolor the bag as best as possible to make it match the new liniong. While they can't remove every scratch or make the quilting puffy again, they state they can make it look much better. This would all be 335 total. Replate the hardware in 24k gold, would be 405. Plating will not remove every scratch from the hardware, but will remove some and will restore the gold finish.
I've heard such good things here on their work so I'm hoping it will be worth my $$$.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 422
Well I just heard from Garry at The Leather Surgeons. What a wonderful conversation.
He will be starting on my late 1980's CHANEL handbag repairs and reconditioning.
WAHOO!