Slingback sizing help

Meowwu

Apr 11, 2016
I finally found a pair of mid-heel sling backs in my size at 36.5 in store today. It's black leather on black tie cap. I tried on the shoes and found that my heel ends nicely at the back end of the shoe. However I am not sure if it's because it was the end of the day or whether the size was in fact too small for me, I found the straps digging into my heels and my left toes felt tight. I had been wearing a pair of flats the whole day.

Does anyone know if these leather straps will stretch and if so how much? My sa mentioned that if the end is a good fit, going up half a size will mean that the straps will be too loose and will fall off.

What are you experience with sizing for sling backs?

Hi ladies! The slingbacks are available for me but I can't try them on as it's being ordered. I'm a 38 in espadrilles and wondering if I would be the same in the slingbacks?

Any help would be appreciated!

The slingback is on my wishlist...thank you for the sizing tip Wifeyniyan. I have the classic two-tone ballet flats as well. Good to know that I'll take the same size.

dreaminginchanel, looking forward to your reveal. So exciting!

[emoji3]

Hi ladies! I am getting married this year and I would absolutely love to wear the beige/black slingbacks on my wedding day!
I am usually a size 37 but tried them in all black in that size and they were way too big on my feet, the sling fell all the time so I got in the waiting list for a size 36,5.
My lovely SA has found a pair in 36,5 C, and now I wonder if there is a noticeable difference between normal 36,5 and 36,5 C? Do you ladies know what is the real difference? Does the shoe look different or wider? Is it a difference in the sole, or is it in the height of the leather over the toes? My feet are narrow so my concern is that they might not look nice on me.
But on the other side, I hardly ever wear high heels because my feet hurt to death, so maybe a size C would help to feel more comfortable... which will be important on that day! ;)
I would love to hear your thoughts as Chanel experts (this will be my first ever pair of Chanel shoes!). Thank you all in advanced for your help [emoji307][emoji8]

Last edited:
Hi ladies! I am getting married this year and I would absolutely love to wear the beige/black slingbacks on my wedding day!
I am usually a size 37 but tried them in all black in that size and they were way too big on my feet, the sling fell all the time so I got in the waiting list for a size 36,5.
My lovely SA has found a pair in 36,5 C, and now I wonder if there is a noticeable difference between normal 36,5 and 36,5 C? Do you ladies know what is the real difference? Does the shoe look different or wider? Is it a difference in the sole, or is it in the height of the leather over the toes? My feet are narrow so my concern is that they might not look nice on me.
But on the other side, I hardly ever wear high heels because my feet hurt to death, so maybe a size C would help to feel more comfortable... which will be important on that day! ;)
I would love to hear your thoughts as Chanel experts (this will be my first ever pair of Chanel shoes!). Thank you all in advanced for your help [emoji307][emoji8]

I think you need to rethink this shoe. Especially if you plan to wear this on your wedding day. Will it be just for the ceremony or for dancing, too? This style is not cut for every foot. If you have a flatter foot as opposed to one with a high arch it may be just the style for you. I believe the c on the bottom of the shoe has nothing to do with the width. If you go down a half size to accomodate the sling from slipping, the shoe may be too snug. Good luck with your decision. I own these in lizard and the sling keeps slipping. I wear them as a "slide". Julia

Reactions: MahaM
I think you need to rethink this shoe. Especially if you plan to wear this on your wedding day. Will it be just for the ceremony or for dancing, too? This style is not cut for every foot. If you have a flatter foot as opposed to one with a high arch it may be just the style for you. I believe the c on the bottom of the shoe has nothing to do with the width. If you go down a half size to accomodate the sling from slipping, the shoe may be too snug. Good luck with your decision. I own these in lizard and the sling keeps slipping. I wear them as a "slide". Julia

Thank you so much Julia for your advice! I just saw a picture in Vogue Spain about a bride who wore the same bi-color slings on her wedding day, and I completely fell in love... I am sharing the picture with you for reference :smile:.
My SA has asked the other boutique to send them to Madrid, so I will be able to try them on and carefully decide if they're made for me or not. Let's see!

Does somebody know by the way what does the C mean in Chanel sizing? Does this change the wideness of the shoe or not...? TIA [emoji173]
IMG_1488113874.611181.jpg

I also went down a half size for the slingbacks - I am a 38 in ballerinas and espadrilles, but 37.5 in slingbacks. They are one of my most comfortable pair of heels, and I have a hard time finding comfortable heels. HTH!

Hello! I just purchased the sling backs and I am normally a 36 in espadrilles and got the 35.5 in the sling back. Hope this helps!

I also went down a half size for the slingbacks - I am a 38 in ballerinas and espadrilles, but 37.5 in slingbacks. They are one of my most comfortable pair of heels, and I have a hard time finding comfortable heels. HTH!

Thank you so much, lovely ladies! My SA will receive them tomorrow and I'll go to the boutique to try them on. Hope they'll fit me! I will keep you posted ;)

I'm also thinking of getting beige/pink or the classic beige/black for my wedding.
Let me know you thoughts on this pair.. TIA
upload_2017-3-1_11-12-8.png