My 100% authentic bag was wrongly authenticated by PB expert. I want justice :)

Iskuhi

Sep 20, 2016
Hello to everyone,
about a few month ago, my Celine Fluo Pink bag was wrongly authenticated on PB by Unoma. I was shocked and confused, as I knew that my bag is 100% authentic.
After a couple of month detailed review with different experts, ***************** decided that my Celine is AUTHENTIC. They issued me a revised COA. You can see it here.. I just need you to know that my reputation never allow me to sell fake items. And I need you to restore justace and on the purseblog never be word "fake" near to my seller name. I think there was some huge mistake with my bag reveiw. I'm sure that this is authentic for 100%, because it was bought in Celine store and I have took it to our local authenticators service too and they had no doubt that this one is authentic. Also, I took more detailed pictures and send it to *****************, after additional detailed review they have stated opinion about my bag. I really value my reputation, and I need PB to reconsider your misconception at the expense of my bag, too. I can provide an additional pictures too. Hope for your understanding.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (18).png
    Снимок экрана (18).png
    304.3 KB · Views: 1,593
I'm sorry this happened to you because clearly, SOMEONE made a mistake since there are different opinions on authenticity.

First let me say I know nothing about Celine, little about Unoma nor anything about you, Iskuhi. I say that so you can understand that my comments are totally unbiased and objective.

There have been so many issues with AF and its mistakes that I wouldn't trust ***************** to judge a K-Mart or Walmart wallet! On the brands I authenticate, there have been cases of Coaches and Dooneys being inaccurately judged. (And the findings have gone both ways - authentic items deemed fake and fakes deemed authentic.)

Whether AF made a mistake or if they're right or if Unoma erred or if she's right, I think you would be wise to get another opinion from an unbiased 3rd party, one with a Celine expert.

I'm not at liberty to discuss other cases where similar misauthentications have occurred but it does happen and perhaps others might be willing to discuss how they've handled them.

While I know there's criticism of Authenticate4U and issues with response time, communication, server issues, etc. and they are valid criticisms, in my own experience, they're my own go-to company when I want an ACCURATE authentication from someone who knows the brand.

ETA: Speculation: While it's obvious that either ***************** is wrong or Unoma was wrong, there's another possibility that could make you a victim but make Unoma's finding correct. Although you say you bought the bag from Celine, as we've seen in the past, there are dishonest buyers who buy authentic items from legitimate retailers and switch and return fakes. That's a possibility that might have occurred with your bag.

Read Loukpeach: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...-seller-richgirlscollection-loukpeach.943212/

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikki_
BTW, I would trust TPF authenticators before I'd feel comfortable with some of the so-called professional companies out there and I'm also doubtful about the computer program, Entrupy that supposedly determines authenticity of items.

Reactions: squidgee and Nikki_
I'm sure that this is authentic for 100%, because it was bought in Celine store
I misunderstood your OP and thought YOU personally were claiming to have purchased from Celine.

But you didn't get this bag from the store and you don't know the history as evidenced by your comment here in this post from November 15, 2016:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-celine.884802/page-663#post-30807066
Hello, dear Unoma,
are you for 100% sure that this Celine is fake? I've talked with owner of this bag and she swears that this bag was bought in Celine store. As an honest seller who never want to deal with fakes, of course, I've accepted returning of that bag for a full refund. But owner still insist that bag is 100% authentic. It was refreshed and re-dyed with some repair. Could you please take a look one more time, please. I really cherish my seller reputation, so I want to be sure. Thank you very much.

I've said it many, many times and on many different forums and discussion boards. It's YOUR seller reputation and YOUR responsibility to KNOW items are authentic before listing them. And if you didn't personally buy from an authorized retailer, so unless you are a brand expert, you really don't know whether it's authentic. It's always recommended to have those items authenticated before listing.

You may want to believe the person from whom you got it and she can claim that it's authentic till the cows come home but you don't know that!

If you take items on consignment, my suggestion would be to return it to the owner.

BTW, I would trust TPF authenticators before I'd feel comfortable with some of the so-called professional companies out there and I'm also doubtful about the computer program, Entrupy that supposedly determines authenticity of items.

Thank you as always, dear BeenBurned for your response! I got third opinion, I've took this bag to our local independent authentication experts and they conclude that bag is authentic. I know that it could be mistake, I just want my reputation won't be compromised.

Hello to everyone,
about a few month ago, my Celine Fluo Pink bag was wrongly authenticated on PB by Unoma. I was shocked and confused, as I knew that my bag is 100% authentic.
After a couple of month detailed review with different experts, ***************** decided that my Celine is AUTHENTIC. They issued me a revised COA. You can see it here.. I just need you to know that my reputation never allow me to sell fake items. And I need you to restore justace and on the purseblog never be word "fake" near to my seller name. I think there was some huge mistake with my bag reveiw. I'm sure that this is authentic for 100%, because it was bought in Celine store and I have took it to our local authenticators service too and they had no doubt that this one is authentic. Also, I took more detailed pictures and send it to *****************, after additional detailed review they have stated opinion about my bag. I really value my reputation, and I need PB to reconsider your misconception at the expense of my bag, too. I can provide an additional pictures too. Hope for your understanding.
Thank you.

You stated that you know this bag is 100% authentic. Where did you purchase it? If you purchased directly from Celine, there have been cases of scammers purchasing authentic bags and returning fakes.

You mentioned that after a "couple of months detailed review with different experts." What other authentication services have you used other than AF and Unoma? Personally, I wouldn't trust AF as they have erred too often in the past judging by posts on the forums.

Also, you said that AF issued you a revised COA. Why did their opinion change?

Although I understand that Leslie (A4U) has had issues as of late, I would try to reach out to her for help regarding an authentication regarding this Celine bag.

Is the bag still in your possession or has someone purchased it on eBay and cried fake?

I'm just a bit confused.

I misunderstood your OP and thought YOU personally were claiming to have purchased from Celine.

But you didn't get this bag from the store and you don't know the history as evidenced by your comment here in this post from November 15, 2016:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-celine.884802/page-663#post-30807066

I've said it many, many times and on many different forums and discussion boards. It's YOUR seller reputation and YOUR responsibility to KNOW items are authentic before listing them. And if you didn't personally buy from an authorized retailer, so unless you are a brand expert, you really don't know whether it's authentic. It's always recommended to have those items authenticated before listing.

You may want to believe the person from whom you got it and she can claim that it's authentic till the cows come home but you don't know that!

If you take items on consignment, my suggestion would be to return it to the owner.

I never believe anyone on the word, as I'm myself have long been engaged branded items and I always pay attentive attitude to the subject of authenticity. I always check my items, specialy, if I didn't bought it by myself from an authorized retailer before I list it on Ebay because I value my reputation.

Thank you as always, dear BeenBurned for your response! I got third opinion, I've took this bag to our local independent authentication experts and they conclude that bag is authentic. I know that it could be mistake, I just want my reputation won't be compromised.
I don't think you would knowingly list a fake and am not implying that, but is your "local independent authentication expert" skilled SPECIFICALLY in Celine? There's a difference between knowing leather and knowing a BRAND.

You stated that you know this bag is 100% authentic. Where did you purchase it? If you purchased directly from Celine, there have been cases of scammers purchasing authentic bags and returning fakes.

You mentioned that after a "couple of months detailed review with different experts." What other authentication services have you used other than AF and Unoma? Personally, I wouldn't trust AF as they have erred too often in the past judging by posts on the forums.

Also, you said that AF issued you a revised COA. Why did their opinion change?

Although I understand that Leslie (A4U) has had issues as of late, I would try to reach out to her for help regarding an authentication regarding this Celine bag.

Is the bag still in your possession or has someone purchased it on eBay and cried fake?

I'm just a bit confused.

My buyer bought it and opened return request cried it fake(as I had really bad experience in the past with return request, I've accept it without any questions. It always easier on Ebay to accept returning and not prove your correctness), because he took it to ***************** and they decided that this is fake. I was so shocked with this, because I see a lot of Celine bags and I can understand what is authentic. But I've took this bag here in Moscow to our local experts and they assure me that my bag is authentic. After that (as I heard about reputation of authenticatfirst) I've ordered authentication in Authenticate4u in the end of the December, Lesley Coyne asked several detailed pictures, confirmed that she received it and gone for almost a month (I've opened case on paypal, but still didn't get any reponse). I understand that there was holidays, but they stays unresponsive for so long, that why I've returned to ***************** - I've wrote to them and provided more detailed pictures, specified measurements of my bag. They changed their mind about my bag. I still would be happy if Lesley Coyne could reply to my request. I'll pay for it one more time.

Last edited:
My buyer bought it and opened return request cried it fake, because he took it to ***************** and they decided that this is fake. I was so shocked with this, because I see a lot of Celine bags and I can understand what is authentic. But I've took this bag here in Moscow to our local experts and they assure me that my bag is authentic. After that (as I heard about reputation of authenticatfirst) I've ordered authentication in Authenticate4u in the end of the December, Lesley Coyne asked several detailed pictures, confirmed that she received it and gone for almost a month (I've opened case on paypal, but still didn't get any reponse). I understand that there was holidays, but they stays unresponsive for so long, that why I've returned to ***************** - I've wrote to them and provided more detailed pictures, specified measurements of my bag. They changed their mind about my bag. I still would be happy if Lesley Coyne could reply to my request.

Why would AF change their mind?

:wtf:

This flip-flopping by AF is something that shouldn't happen. If the pictures weren't good enough the first time, your buyer should have been asked for better pictures. Also, it sounds to me like the opinion changes depending on who's paying for the authentication and what they believe regarding authenticity.

1. Buyer gets informal authentication on TPF of fake.
2. Buyer goes to AF for "formal" authentication because she knows it's fake.
3. AF agrees with TPF and deems it fake.
4. Seller questions AF's finding and purchases her own authentication because she knows it's authentic
5. AF flipflops, deeming it authentic.

Original listing where buyer had it authenticated:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/112150917206
1. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-celine.884802/page-654#post-30780362
2. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-celine.884802/page-655#post-30783853
3. OP: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-celine.884802/page-663#post-30807066

I wouldn't feel comfortable (myself) listing an item with opposing opinions on authenticity. I would return it to the owner and let her sell it. As you've said, this is your reputation and integrity.

Why would AF change their mind?

:wtf:
You will laugh - at first they decided that Celine never had pink box in large size.

Here what they wrote to me - "Per our expert:

Celine NEVER made a PINK LARGE BOX. Only medium sizes"

I showed them the links to Celine box handbags in pink. And specified that my bag exactly a medium size one. After that their Celine expert change their mind.

This flip-flopping by AF is something that shouldn't happen. If the pictures weren't good enough the first time, your buyer should have been asked for better pictures. Also, it sounds to me like the opinion changes depending on who's paying for the authentication and what they believe regarding authenticity.

1. Buyer gets informal authentication on TPF of fake.
2. Buyer goes to AF for "formal" authentication because she knows it's fake.
3. AF agrees with TPF and deems it fake.
4. Seller questions AF's finding and purchases her own authentication because she knows it's authentic
5. AF flipflops, deeming it authentic.

Original listing where buyer had it authenticated:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/112150917206
1. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-celine.884802/page-654#post-30780362
2. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-celine.884802/page-655#post-30783853
3. OP: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-celine.884802/page-663#post-30807066

I wouldn't feel comfortable (myself) listing an item with opposing opinions on authenticity. I would return it to the owner and let her sell it. As you've said, this is your reputation and integrity.

As I'm sure that bag is authentic I've advised to the buyer to list it here on PB and now I have what I have :smile:

And one more think, so it would be fair to *****************, I didn't pay them, my buyer kindly provided me the authentication certificate number and I appeal it.

You will laugh - at first they decided that Celine never had pink box in large size.

Here what they wrote to me - "Per our expert:

Celine NEVER made a PINK LARGE BOX. Only medium sizes"

I showed them the links to Celine box handbags in pink. And specified that my bag exactly a medium size one. After that their Celine expert change their mind.

Oh dear, you had to send AF's "Celine authenticator" links and by doing so, they changed their mind? This doesn't sound very professional.
It sounds like this authentication service (and I was use that term loosely) doesn't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground judging by their errors that I've seen on the forums.

Did AF deem the bag to be authentic...or the box?

Last edited: