Help .... Again!

qgo

May 22, 2015
louis-vuitton-alma-bb-damier-ebene-canvas-handbags--N41221_PM2_Front view.jpg

OR

45267138LW_13_f.jpg

Hi everyone,

I made a thread last week about getting an Alma BB in DE, but I ended up leaving the store empty handed ....

I have been eyeing the Monogram YSL Envelope Chain Wallet either in Black or Powder colour for a long time, however, I recently fell in love with the LV Alma BB and while I love the Alma BB, I can't stop thinking about the YSL Envelope Chain Wallet. They are roughly around the same price range here in Canada.

Which one would you get? And why?

Thanks for answering ladies :heart:

Last edited:
View attachment 3618345

OR

View attachment 3618346

Hi everyone,

I made a thread last week about getting an Alma BB in DE, but I ended up leaving the store empty handed ....

I have been eyeing the Monogram YSL Envelope Chain Wallet either in Black or Powder colour for a long time, however, I recently fell in love with the LV Alma BB and while I love the Alma BB, I can't stop thinking about the YSL Envelope Chain Wallet. They are roughly around the same price range here in Canada.

You should wait before buying. Your choice hasn't be done yet. Take one or two more weeks to be sure, else you'll regret what you'll buy.

View attachment 3618345

OR

View attachment 3618346

Hi everyone,

What other types of bags, regardless of brand, do you already have in your collection? What is your lifestyle and wardrobe? Are you looking for something dressier or something that can be worn up and down?

What other types of bags, regardless of brand, do you already have in your collection? What is your lifestyle and wardrobe? Are you looking for something dressier or something that can be worn up and down?

Hi Miss Krys,

My bag collection consists of tote bags, crossbody bags, and top handles. I have noticed that I've been using my crossbody bags quite frequently, and have loved the hands free feeling. I am looking for something that can be worn casually in the day when I'm running errands and can work as an evening bag. I feel like both of these bags offer those qualities, which why it's such a hard decision! :sad:

Hi Miss Krys,

My bag collection consists of tote bags, crossbody bags, and top handles. I have noticed that I've been using my crossbody bags quite frequently, and have loved the hands free feeling. I am looking for something that can be worn casually in the day when I'm running errands and can work as an evening bag. I feel like both of these bags offer those qualities, which why it's such a hard decision! :sad:
The YSL strikes me as more of an evening/event bag, probably because it gives off such a formal vibe, whereas the Alma seems more versatile in the sense that it can pretty much be paired with any outfit for any occasion. With that being said though, I genuinely feel that you would be far happier with the YSL since its been on your radar for so long and has clearly captured your heart. The Alma has been around for a long time, and will continue to be around longer I'm sure, so go with the YSL now, be in bag bliss, and slowly save up for the LV if you still find yourself wanting it:hugs:

I own the YSL but in the larger size. This one looks like the smaller one which is approximately the same size as the Chanel WOC. It honestly depends on what you carry normally. For the YSL you will have to downsize a lot. The larger YSL, the strap is a little short so it might be at an odd length for you crossbody. The smaller YSL, the length is longer so it's perfect crossbody. If you're ok with just taking the essentials like cards, a lip product, your keys and maybe a pair of sunglasses the YSL would be good. If not then Alma BB, which holds a lot more. I think both is cute to wear day to evening. But if the Alma BB doesn't make your heart sing then you should really go with the one you can't stop thinking about :smile:

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking at the YSL envelope chain wallet as well, but am not sure if I want a WOC, or something a little bigger. Are there any mom's out there that can weigh in on what has been working for them? I've essentially been living day to day with my Tory Burch Robinson WOC, and my small Celine trio. I love how I can take off the chain of the woc and throw it into my Celine trapeze and go to work, but am also appreciating the space in the trio which can carry a few more things (and it doesn't hurt that the trio fits my lv vernis French purse wallet that I haven't used for 3 years since my elder son was born). Agggg, all the choices.....

I own the YSL WOC, and honestly I would not recommend it if it's not your holy grail bag. The quality on mine is so questionable (glue marks everywhere, the leather on the corners are peeling. And this bag is less than a year old). I love WOCs in general (they're my favourite style of bag), but I really am unimpressed with the YSL one.

I've never owned an Alma BB, but I did have an Alma PM in Damier Ebene that I got preloved, and the quality on that was phenomenal. I imagine the same would be for the Alma BB in the same print.

I love both styles. I think it depends on how much you imagine carrying - the Saint Laurent WOC fits just the essentials and Alma BB fits a lot more. Alma is more casual (although I think it looks much more elegant in epi) and the WOC is much more elegant. And even though you can pass a more formal bag in a casual situation (I don't think a WOC would look bad with jeans) I think a DE Alma BB would look out of place at an elegant, evening event.

Have you posted this question in the YSL forum? Being a LoVer, Alma BB because even though it is a small (and can be worn crossbody) it does hold enough for daily essentials. That particular YSL seems more of an evening bag and like another poster said, not sure about YSL quality (had looked into YSL but reading through the YSL forum, I decided against YSL). Yes LV has had quality problems on some of their bags (really haven't seen any problems with Alma BB) but not as frequently and the service after the fact does seem to be pretty darn good.

My vote...Alma BB because can go from day to evening and hold a little more.

Reactions: snibor