Preloved VCA

Would you ever buy a VCA item that was preloved? How important is the certificate of authenticity? Thank you!
I have purchased a preloved... in fact some of my favorite pieces are preloved (YG Pave vintage Alhambra earrings and YG 5 motif turquoise bracelet) .....BUT just make
sure you are not getting something that is not authentic. Ebay is full of fake vintage Alhambra. Usually the seller has 0 feedback. Check the source and do all your research. If you want to reassure yourself after you receive the preloved piece you can always send it to VCA in NYC and tell Riley that you want it polished or adjusted or if you need to upgrade the clasp, etc. That way you will know it is authentic because of course VCA will reject it to have work done if it is not authentic. I did that with both my pieces - The earring posts needed to be adjusted and I needed a new updated clasp on my bracelet. It only takes about 7 - 10 working days and it is fun getting it back from NYC looking like a brand new piece!! Good luck!

Reactions: Mali_
I have purchased a preloved... in fact some of my favorite pieces are preloved (YG Pave vintage Alhambra earrings and YG 5 motif turquoise bracelet) .....BUT just make
sure you are not getting something that is not authentic. Ebay is full of fake vintage Alhambra. Usually the seller has 0 feedback. Check the source and do all your research. If you want to reassure yourself after you receive the preloved piece you can always send it to VCA in NYC and tell Riley that you want it polished or adjusted or if you need to upgrade the clasp, etc. That way you will know it is authentic because of course VCA will reject it to have work done if it is not authentic. I did that with both my pieces - The earring posts needed to be adjusted and I needed a new updated clasp on my bracelet. It only takes about 7 - 10 working days and it is fun getting it back from NYC looking like a brand new piece!! Good luck!

Thank you ! Do they want proof of purchase or authenticity certificate to polish or repair?

Called Van Cleef in NY today. Spoke to the after sale department. A COA is now $1200 and takes 3 months. I almost fell off my chair. A 2 inch extension on a necklace is $100 and takes 2 weeks.

I know, it's weird, right? I just looked at the catalog (thank you for reminding me of this auction, I had forgotten!), she had a lot of unsigned pieces, I also am seeing copies of well-known items from Cartier (Hanging Panther). She did like David Yurman. And Art Deco pieces! But it does not seem like she was a VCA gal...

Reactions: Diamondbirdie