Need an answer in the next hour - really just need validation

A friend just went to Paris and bought a Chanel bag that she now does not want. (She bought several bags and does not want to keep them all) It is the New Medium Boy bag with shiny gold hardware. Retail is $5200 but she is willing to part with it for $4100. I would be crazy to pass up on this, correct? It is brand new. She has another buyer so I have to let her know ASAP.

Is it a bag that works for you, something that is on your wishlist? Would you use it a lot or would it just sit in the closet if you decide to get it? Only buy something because you really like it, not because of a good deal.
If you love it and if it works for you, then yes - get it.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
My first instinct is to BUY as that is an amazing deal. BUT, then my rational head came in and thought that it's still a lot of money so it depends on the colour of the bag (is it something that you would wear alot)- also is the New Medium a size/style you would have wanted anyway and a size that works for you, etc! If the bag makes your heart sing, take the plunge!

As others have said, the first consideration is do you really want it. My rule of thumb is I don't buy a bag on sale that I wouldn't have paid full price for.

If you can't say you love it, pass and spend the money on what you love.

Reactions: Bags_4_life